Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
My girl hates Lawerence character even more since she seen his pawg.lol we disagreed about him being a bum. I just feel he was lacking in the relationship but still was comm the table with dollars and was not okay with settling for an under employed type work.

Episode was dope again. Molly character is hard to figure out. For someone as successful as her is cray to see her settling to be aa side chick.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I feel like Lawrence was right in what he said to Issa. He was trying to be nice and she came at him crazy. He even came out to see if she was good. She insulted his app that she saw him bust his ass over the years working on. So in return he hit her wit a low blow. Issa is the most toxic person on this whole show.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
It's stated so many times because it's bottom line common sense. Issa could have avoided this all had she done the responsible thing and ended their relationship. Lawrence was a bad boyfriend and you reward bad relationships with your absence, not sticking around and allowing them to take you for granted.

I said that already...in the quote that you responded to.

Many women, both good catches and train wrecks, stay in long term relationships well beyond the expiration date. This is not abnormal...although it should be.

There's only so many times people can state the Issa should've left a long time ago. Issa should not have cheated. Lawrence was a terrible boyfriend. There are no victims. That's just my POV.

To clarify, that was me agreeing that Issa should've left a long time ago. I've said this many times. I don't even know what LawrenceHive is arguing about anymore.
:dahell:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Sane people think that both Issa & Lawrence are dysfunctional. However, it may appear that more people are taking sides b/c some (like myself) have to constantly defend our position of why Lawrence was a terrible partner b/c he is viewed as the ultimate victim by some. I never have to argue when I critique Issa or Molly. People are weird.
No sane person would equate the Lawrence character with Issa's character. Yes they're both flawed but the show clearly depicts her as being more fukked up. You can say say that dude was a terrible partner he never lied and cheated like she did so how can you equate him with her? When you make the false equivalence it suggests bias.

Like I said earlier, Issa isn't even a good friend to her ace. She has clear character issues that have nothing to do with her ex.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
NOT AS MUCH TIME AS YOU SPENT BEING A fukkING HO
excited-nets-fan-nba-fans.gif
shyt that make your soul burn slow...

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I feel like Lawrence was right in what he said to Issa. He was trying to be nice and she came at him crazy. He even came out to see if she was good. She insulted his app that she saw him bust his ass over the years working on. So in return he hit her wit a low blow. Issa is the most toxic person on this whole show.
Yeah she can't get out her own way.

My nikka was just coming out to check on her to see if she was good. Instead she tried to shyt on him. He served that shyt to her something serious.

Being nice to broads ain't going to get you nothing but walked over.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
The emotional intelligence displayed in this episode was simply brilliant.

Alejandro's ability to connect to Molly's fears to play on Molly's insecurities.:myman:
Issa's inability to rationalize Lawrence coming out to speak with her:pacspit:
Tiffany and Derek's oblivious arrogance and naivete, with everything being about them:ld:
Lawrence standing tall through the un-comfort and putting his feelings aside to check for Issa's.:umad:
Issa realizing on the bus that everyone in some sort of way as struggle regardless of color. :jbhmm:
Her ability to right her wrongs when its funny those same wrongs helped her write the songs...:yeshrug:

The character with the most emotional intelligence episode surprisingly was Lawrence's new woman. I like the fact that she showed support for L and
knows that in order for them to move forward, he has to close out those feelings in order to heal and move on. She supports him in ways that Issa didn't
(blunt in her assessment, direct, not passive aggressive like Issa and Tasha). It will be interesting to see what happens with them during the season finale
but I think she is the right person for Lawrence where he is right now.

Last edited:

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
they got a lotta 'nikkas' comin' out their mouth on this show, dont know if i like that. like damn, you can't think of anything else to call your brother or sister? aint they supposed to be college educated?:what:

I didn't want to bring that up, but Molly and Issa say it more than nikkas do :what: :mindblown:

Their interactions with each other and their friends is like night and day

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they got a lotta 'nikkas' comin' out their mouth on this show, dont know if i like that. like damn, you can't think of anything else to call your brother or sister? aint they supposed to be college educated?:what:

Half of them from the hood on the show man, that's just part of the language
Nobody can tell me that these stations don't put a mandate on the amount of times that word is used. There's no reason for the N word to be used that much on this show.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Nobody can tell me that these stations don't put a mandate on the amount of times that word is used. There's no reason for the N word to be used that much on this show.
Dude it's just really how a lot of black people their age coming from where they come from talk that's just reality, it's representative of a lot of people who watch that show and if you go look on twitter every other word is nikka this and nikkas that

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude it's just really how a lot of black people their age coming from where they come from talk that's just reality, it's representative of a lot of people who watch that show and if you go look on twitter every other word is nikka this and nikkas that
No breh. I'm not saying what you said is wrong, I'm saying I disagree with your reasoning of why. But I can kinda tell by your response it's not going to be worth the debate.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The emotional intelligence displayed in this episode was simply brilliant.

Alejandro's ability to connect to Molly's fears to play on Molly's insecurities.:myman:
Issa's inability to rationalize Lawrence coming out to speak with her:pacspit:
Tiffany and Derek's oblivious arrogance and naivete, with everything being about them:ld:
Lawrence standing tall through the un-comfort and putting his feelings aside to check for Issa's.:umad:
Issa realizing on the bus that everyone in some sort of way as struggle regardless of color. :jbhmm:
Her ability to right her wrongs when those same wrongs helped her write the songs...:yeshrug:

The character with the most emotional intelligence episode surprisingly was Lawrence's new woman. I like the fact that she showed support for L and
knows that in order for them to move forward, he has to close out those feelings in order to heal and move on. She supports him in ways that Issa didn't
(blunt in her assessment, direct, not passive aggressive like Issa and Tasha).
It will be interesting to see what happens with them during the season finale
but I think she is the right person for Lawrence where he is right now.
While I think the Issa character is a piece of shyt I can't necessarily agree with this statement. We meet Issa and Lawrence YEARS into their relationship, and this other girl and Lawrence are in a new relationship, if we can even call it that. Issa probably was, or could have been, just as supportive or more so during the beginning of their relationship, and this chick probably isn't going to be so cool a couple of years into their situation.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
My girl hates Lawerence character even more since she seen his pawg.lol we disagreed about him being a bum. I just feel he was lacking in the relationship but still was comm the table with dollars and was not okay with settling for an under employed type work.

Episode was dope again. Molly character is hard to figure out. For someone as successful as her is cray to see her settling to be aa side chick.

Molly is an example of the dumb mindset many woman have. What exactly is "success"? How are you "successful" when yeah you have a high paying job yet your life is in shambles and you feel unfulfilled?

Men in these situations typically want to be bachelors OR are providing for a family so the hardships at work are non factors as long as your fam is happy. These women dont know what they want and this is whey they suffer. This show is proving there is nothing empowering about being a hoe.