Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
they got a lotta 'nikkas' comin' out there mouth on this show, dont know if i like that. like damn, you can't think of anything else to call your brother or sister? aint they supposed to be college educated?:what:
Half of them from the hood on the show man, that's just part of the language

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
NOT AS MUCH TIME AS YOU SPENT BEING A fukkING HO
excited-nets-fan-nba-fans.gif

SunGod

All Star
Daps
In one of the first episodes, a bunch of them are talking about some party the company throws, someone mentions people getting drunk and fukking each other and she mentions that happening with her and one of the annoying dudes in the group.
Okay, I got it now. That was episode three. She was giving off some hoe vibes later in that episode too. It was this cac.

1*btu-Zw2q-rieHj9QsCNk8g.jpeg

:martin:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Rappers have made degrading rap music and been called out on it. Whrn rappers make uplifting music it has been noted (Ye and Jesus Walks, Pac and Keep Your Head Up). Saying this thruth is not classist. What has Daniel done to have his character questioned? Why did Lawrence assume Daniel wasnt a gentleman? Daniel has been more of a gentleman than Lawrence has. But because he's in the tech industry he feels he can make these type of aasumptions.
I dont think its that deep :skip:
The guy that his girl cheated on him with isnt going to called anything positive regardless of his status or profession.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Lawrence would manage to be in the right but he willingly puts himself into situations where he is going to come off as a bad dude.
The whole situation with Tasha and how it ended
Now he's likely going to do the same with Aparna dragging her around Issa and her friends

Dude would have been fine just staying with Tasha and going to that party but his low key jealousy is keeping him in a cycle where he's going to keep collecting L's

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
What an episode.

Apparna looking :banderas: wearing no pants to the dinner party. I dont get it but hey.

Issa overreacting over some accidental jizz. I don't get it but hey.

Molly finally realizes she was accepting the side chick role when it was very apparent. I dont get it but hey :mindblown:

Last edited:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Lawrence would manage to be in the right but he willingly puts himself into situations where he is going to come off as a bad dude.
The whole situation with Tasha and how it ended
Now he's likely going to do the same with Aparna dragging her around Issa and her friends

Dude would have been fine just staying with Tasha and going to that party but his low key jealousy is keeping him in a cycle where he's going to keep collecting L's
Im low key wishing they some how bring Tasha back.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
they got a lotta 'nikkas' comin' out there mouth on this show, dont know if i like that. like damn, you can't think of anything else to call your brother or sister? aint they supposed to be college educated?:what:

Fam this shyt is the number one thing that's making me out this show on ice for good becuase it's super unnecessary and makes Issa/molly look very unappealing. I dunno breh, this show has potential in season 1 but the only way to keep it interesting is gonna be extreme behavior becuase the character depth isn't there when all these chicks do is talk about "nikkas". This show is turning into one big inside joke that less and less people are getting.