Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It's just a shame that there's so much dysfunction on the show. The friendship between the 2 main female characters isn't even really functional and healthy. They basically are friends because they enable and support each other's dysfunction. Whenever one tries to check the other on their bullshyt the friendship crumbles and they just fight.

I think Molly would do well to distance herself from Issa. Issa is just a parasite.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Rappers have made degrading rap music and been called out on it. Whrn rappers make uplifting music it has been noted (Ye and Jesus Walks, Pac and Keep Your Head Up). Saying this thruth is not classist. What has Daniel done to have his character questioned? Why did Lawrence assume Daniel wasnt a gentleman? Daniel has been more of a gentleman than Lawrence has. But because he's in the tech industry he feels he can make these type of aasumptions.

Daniel is in the music industry hence the rapper sterotype would apply to him.

Has nothing to do with the tech industry. And even then

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yeah, Lawrence should have known better not to bring new girl to the party. Especially with Issa being there :francis:

That being said, he did get the last word and had Issa flipping furniture :lolbron:.

Aparna seems like a cool chick, she better not invite Lawrence to a the family cookout though :sas1:

Molly giving away Lil Rel's snacks to Dro like that :picard:

Carrot cake is delicious, especially with a big glass of milk :dwillhuh:

What's hilarious is I literally said aloud to my girl (who hates carrot cake) "Damn, that carrot cake looks banging" right before Kelly shyt all over it.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The Indian broad (or whatever ethnicity she is) at Lawrence job is :takedat:

It's crazy... in some scenes she looks white. In others she even looks black. You could tell me she's anything right now and I'd have to believe it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then Lawrence reluctantly agreeing to go to her bbq but once there, the 'Blackness' of it made him want to leave immediately.
I don't think the blackness made him want to leave, he never wanted to go in the first place, he knew he shouldn't have been there. He would've been looking for a way out regardless of what was going on.

How was Tasha more thirsty than this girl?

I wouldn't say Tasha was thirsty, but definitely more aggressive. She was popping up at his job and pushing up on him even after he said he had a girl. She knew she wanted him and went after it. New chick seems more laid back.

Eh, Tasha was throwing signs early on, even showed up to Best Buy "looking" for batteries in the laptop section that Lawrence worked in and asked if he wanted to join her for jalapeno poppers looking like

IMG_3768.png

Not to mention visually getting salty in front of colleagues so much so that its obvious to these colleagues that these two are seeing each other.

Nah, her co worker asked if they were seeing each other because Lawrence lied about where he was. Lawrence said he was at home Saturday. Apurna had already told people that they went to the movies.

Then asking Lawrence the "what are we" bs while at the job.
Aparna has been flirty at most with Lawrence maybe 1 month and is already pouting at work and wanting clarity on the status of their relationship.
She wasn't pouty.

Eh, her response "Do we have business?" was in response to Lawrence saying he didn't want people in "our business" . No one questioned them as a couple until Lawrence tried to be on some secretive shyt.

She invites herself to his inner-circle event even after he tells her he needs to cancel their plans for that night and that his ex would be in attendance.
Lawrence didn't cancel the plans. He said he knows they were supposed to grab drinks at 7, but asked if would 10 work because he has a birthday party to go to and his ex was gonna be there. He said he was just swinging through. She said we could either go another night or I could go with you, whatever's easier. Lawrence could've scheduled for another night or said I'll scoop you up after I leave the party.

What has Daniel done to have his character questioned? Why did Lawrence assume Daniel wasnt a gentleman?
:patrice:

Daniel did fukk Issa, who he knew was dating someone at the time.

Daniel did show up to Issa's fundraiser to question the status of their relationship after Issa was ignoring his calls/texts

Daniel did talk with Lawrence at the event and dropped hints that something went down.

Lawrence has every reason not to fukk with Daniel and question his character. You fukk my girl, show up at her event knowing she doesn't want to talk to you, then have a conversation with me hinting that something went down? :gucci:

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Lil Rel gonna be sliding into Molly soon :shaq:. Glad he is getting roles after carmichael show got cancelled (:mjcry:)

fukk is Issa mad at Daniel for :stopitslime:, why he had that choice of words though i wont understand :beli:

That fight between Issa and Lawrence was a bit too real :huhldup:. fukk was he thinking bringing his new girl :snoop:

Looks like Molly is getting serious job offers next week :obama:. fukk her current bosses :pacspit:

Issa and Frida back at it with We Got Y'all :obama:. Have a feeling the prinicpal is going to fukk them over now :francis:

Dont know the silicon valley protocol about dating co-workers, but i personally feel it's a recipe for disaster :ld:

Issa had her worst rhymes this week and i don't mind her rapping at all :yeshrug:

That post freakout clean up will be sobering as hell :wow:

Hope Issa and lawrence don't get back together in the finale :patrice:

Ready for somebody to put amanda diva in her place :martin:

2 years running, insecure is the best show out :blessed:.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I don't think the blackness made him want to leave, he never wanted to go in the first place, he knew he shouldn't have been there. He would've been looking for a way out regardless of what was going on.

Eh, Tasha was throwing signs early on, even showed up to Best Buy "looking" for batteries in the laptop section that Lawrence worked in and asked if he wanted to join her for jalapeno poppers looking like

IMG_3768.png

Nah, her co worker asked if they were seeing each other because Lawrence lied about where he was. Lawrence said he was at home Saturday. Apurna told people that they went to the movies.

She wasn't pouty.

Eh, her response "Do we have business?" was in response to Lawrence saying he didn't want people in "their business" . No one questioned them as a couple until Lawrence tried to be on some secretive shyt.

Lawrence didn't cancel the plans. He said he knows they were supposed to grab drinks at 7, but would 10 work because he has a birthday party to go to and his ex was gonna be there. He said he was just swinging through. She said we could either go another night or I could go with you, whatever's easier. Lawrence could've scheduled for another night or said I'll scoop you up after I leave the party.

:patrice:

Daniel did fukk Issa, who he knew was dating at the time.

Daniel did show up to Issa's fundraiser to question the status of their relationship after Issa was ignoring his calls/texts

Daniel did talk with Lawrence at the event and dropped hints that something went down.

Lawrence has every reason not to fukk with Daniel and question his character. You fukk my girl, show up at her event knowing she doesn't want to talk to you, then have a conversation with me hinting that something went down? :gucci:

This is where I stopped. Go re-watch the episode if you're interested. He was side-eyeing everything going on there before he even said hello to Tasha. He clearly had no real problem going being that he went. He had a problem with what he saw there compared to the other option he had. Yall making excuses..

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Daniel is in the music industry hence the rapper sterotype would apply to him.

Has nothing to do with the tech industry. And even then

Stop it. This probably isnt even his main gig. Even then, he's a producer. Rappers get that stereotype because of the actual words coming our of their mouths (bytches, hoes, thots)... Nobody is out here thinking Jus Blaze is of bad character just because he makes music.

Lawrence keeps showing his ass and yall keep making excuses. Hopefully y'all only do this for fictional characters.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
i know its such a big driving force as to why the show is so popular but social media when it comes to this show def brings the lunatics out.

Don't have any, but I can see that from posts in this thread.....All in rush to take a side, often aligning with their gender, it's very telling and somewhat troubling about our society, when the show is clearly highlighting the flaws of PEOPLE, not just as men and women, but people rush to divide and draw lines on the proverbial battle field.

Another response to classism, is it seems the show knows that, and is addressing some of those issues, maybe not as fast, or deeply as we may want. It's def. shown that Lawerence was much more comfortable at the Bristol Farms in Brentwood or whatever, than he was a "lower" socioeconomic scale party. That was never really addressed again, though you can tie it to his inability to accurately read his white bosses right?

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
Stop it. This probably isnt even his main gig. Even then, he's a producer. Rappers get that stereotype because of the actual words coming our of their mouths (bytches, hoes, thots)... Nobody is out here thinking Jus Blaze is of bad character just because he makes music.

Lawrence keeps showing his ass and yall keep making excuses. Hopefully y'all only do this for fictional characters.

cape for homewreckers brehs

be bad at judging character brehs

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Someone needs to hip Lawrence to the fact that Daniel is just a SoundCloud producer :heh:.

Breh prolly walking around thinking Issa cheated on him with Quincy Jones and shyt :to:.

Guaranteed that nikkas life would be stress free if he found out the truth :blessed:.

I know it's petty but :manny:.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I agree with the show being really dysfunctional, but it's accurate, to an uncomfortable degree for many people, clearly.....just read the responses in here, people are encouraging, cosigning, celebrating the most unhealthy, dysfunctional, depraved behavior, and like my earlier post was saying, these are real people to me. I know these kinds of people. Petty, cruel, vindictive, their personal relationships are like violent, bloody wars of attrition, it's really interesting, but so sick at the same time. I move above all that kind drama, but from a behavioral perspective, it's fascinating.

Someone just texted me yesterday on that "I saw my ex (of three days keep in mind) at the club with another girl", and I'm like you didn't see that one coming? These are adults. People are drawn to the most immature and childish sides of themselves, or maybe they never really grew up emotionally, but when it comes to relationships, people are so lost.

I cannot imagine personally having the level of viciousness and hatred for people I assumedly liked, spent time with, slept with, that these people do. If you didn't steal money from me, threaten my freedom, or like, conspire to humiliate me, or some extreme scenario, I am good with you. Treating these people who are just people whose "romantic flame" extinguished like blood enemies....it's really insane lol

Last edited:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
This is where I stopped. Go re-watch the episode if you're interested. He was side-eyeing everything going on there before he even said hello to Tasha. He clearly had no real problem going being that he went. He had a problem with what he saw there compared to the other option he had. Yall making excuses..
Exactly, the other shyt he went to was probably just more his scene anyway,