Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
nikkas going crazy over lawrence new chick but she already showing signs of being clingy, jealous and aggressive. I bet she playing him and has a bet with her co-workers. OR she just crazy as fukk

She's a hoe too, Lawrence is the second dude she's knocked down at work...or am I confusing her with the other coworker :ohhh:

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
When people talk about Rappers and Rap Music degrading women is that classism?

Rappers have made degrading rap music and been called out on it. Whrn rappers make uplifting music it has been noted (Ye and Jesus Walks, Pac and Keep Your Head Up). Saying this thruth is not classist. What has Daniel done to have his character questioned? Why did Lawrence assume Daniel wasnt a gentleman? Daniel has been more of a gentleman than Lawrence has. But because he's in the tech industry he feels he can make these type of aasumptions.

Daps
She's a hoe too, Lawrence is the second dude she's knocked down at work...or am I confusing her with the other coworker :ohhh:

That don't make you a hoe. Coworkers fukk, business partners fukk, friends fukk. Every adult fukks. Now how many different people you do it with in a short amount of time can make you hoe.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I wouldn't say Tasha was thirsty, but definitely more aggressive. She was popping up at his job and pushing up on him even after he said he had a girl. She knew she wanted him and went after it. New chick seems more laid back.
At first I thought that Lawrence was treating the Indian chick better b/c she didn't sleep with him as fast (which doesn't make it right). But then I thought that women don't typically ask the "what are we" questions until after they have slept with the guy. So Tasha & the Indian chick are making the same moves but really getting treated differently by Lawrence...
:patrice:
Lawerence been a dizzy nygga from the jump
forgetting ur gurl birthday
leaving tasha hanging at a cookout
putting his new chick in that compromising situation
he is a dumbass
He definitely not on point with his shyt
he gonna fukk up with Aparna too
Like dont go to the party or a least give them a heads up u bringing somebody
he is either dumb or naive thinking him bringing a chick was cool
I dont see how he is treating her better

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
That don't make you a hoe. Coworkers fukk, business partners fukk, friends fukk. Every adult fukks. Now how many different people you do it with in a short amount of time can make you hoe.

Yeah, everyone fukks but not everyone fukks coworkers (i.e don't shyt where you eat) you don't fukk people in same social or business circles - shyt is a recipe for disaster. Her rep once this blows up, is the "easy box at work". That's just how shyt goes :manny:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Lawerence been a dizzy nygga from the jump
forgetting ur gurl birthday
leaving tasha hanging at a cookout
putting his new chick in that compromising situation
he is a dumbass
He definitely not on point with his shyt
he gonna fukk up with Aparna too
Like dont go to the party or a least give them a heads up u bringing somebody
he is either dumb or naive thinking him bringing a chick was cool
I dont see how he is treating her better

Yeah Lawrence does some really odd shyt, like this nikka does things without thinking them through. Even if you didn't know that was a sit-down party with assigned seating(fair enough, I'll give that a pass), you're going to an event you know Issa's going to be at with all her friends. I don't know the timeline but I think they only broke up about 3-4 months ago(and you just fukked Issa a few weeks ago)... bringing a date ain't the wave. Just makes everyone uncomfortable. Somewhere in his irrational mind he thought this was OK :mindblown:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
ya'll sound like you would be really considerate about your exes who cheated on you :hubie::dwillhuh: id bring whoever i wanted IF i chose to go.

It's not about Issa, because fukk Issa. The new chick's gonna be uncomfortable walking into a viper's den. Everyone else at the party was made uncomfortable because you're walking on eggshells now. It was a terrible situation that could have been totally avoided

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's not about Issa, because fukk Issa. The new chick's gonna be uncomfortable walking into a viper's den. Everyone else at the party was made uncomfortable because you're walking on eggshells now. It was a terrible situation that could have been totally avoided
and he went outside to comfort Issa too
simp shyt lol

Daps
Yeah, everyone fukks but not everyone fukks coworkers (i.e don't shyt where you eat) you don't fukk people in same social or business circles - shyt is a recipe for disaster. Her rep once this blows up, is the "easy box at work". That's just how shyt goes :manny:

But we're talking about reality though, not what's morally right. From customer service call centers all the way to accounting firms, coworkers fukk. You shouldn't do it but it happens, and it happens a lot.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:ohhh: i gotta check that now lol
but I think someone would have brought that up

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
But we're talking about reality though, not what's morally right. From customer service call centers all the way to accounting firms, coworkers fukk. You shouldn't do it but it happens, and it happens a lot.

Huh?:what: Morality is based off of reality.:ufdup: Exactly, it happens & more times than not, it blows up. Whether it be reputation, work environment being disrupted. Just because someone throws you p*ssy, doesn't mean it's advisable to catch it all of the time:martin:.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
It's just a shame that there's so much dysfunction on the show. The friendship between the 2 main female characters isn't even really functional and healthy. They basically are friends because they enable and support each other's dysfunction. Whenever one tries to check the other on their bullshyt the friendship crumbles and they just fight.