Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
So when shorty wakes up to her apartment straight fukkED up what's the reaction gonna be? :what: what's the point of doing all that to your own shyt? Like I know rage and have had rage issues before but I've never intentionally ducked my own shyt up like that. Like that's the point?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So when shorty wakes up to her apartment straight fukkED up what's the reaction gonna be? :what: what's the point of doing all that to your own shyt? Like I know rage and have had rage issues before but I've never intentionally ducked my own shyt up like that. Like that's the point?
My wiz said that, "I've felt like doing that but stopped because I don't want to clean up afterward." :russ:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I've said it before... just go to the gym and take it out on the punching bag. Don't take your anger out on a person... in Issa's case, the house. But she's struggling to make ends meet in the first place. I hope soon, like on the web series she sought out a better job

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
The writing, the sub-par writing on this show is what made Tasha appear more thirsty than Aparna. Tasha was fukking Lawrence at the drop of a dimes hat once he came her way, hell most of her time on screen she was ass naked getting her back blown out, meanwhile the show is depicting Aparna in a very dignified manner and are unfolding that storyline in a very restrained manner, I wonder why :mjpls:

:patrice: And can we verify that Tasha was fukking Lawrenc for months?? That whole storyline seemed to play out in about 3 weeks tops.

Like I said in the post you quoted, the more I think about that entire storyline with Aparna, the more fugazi it looks. Her asking to go to the party with the ex was hella messy and very unrealistic. On the other hand, her questioning him about are they a thing seemed pretty standard to me cause that's what women do, regardless of the capacity if you're seeing them socially. I just think this show is already entering some :mjpls: -elements into the show by showing a woman of another race being more compatible with him than the sistas on the show.

Tasha has known Lawrence since he was barely employed. When he was with Issa they were not fukking, which means she started fukking him after he must havr came to her and let her know he was now single. He then starts spending every weekend at her house. They not only fukk, but discuss his app dreams and go out. He fukks his ex and CONFESSES that to her. He also pops up announced at her door. Only after all this takes place does she invite him to a family function. After he disrespects her in the most humilating way, she never speaks to him again.

How is she thirsty?

Aparna has been flirty at most with Lawrence maybe 1 month and is already pouting at work and wanting clarity on the status of their relationship. She invites herself to his inner-circle event even after he tells her he needs to cancel their plans for that night and that his ex would be in attendance. After a heated argument with the ex she suggest they still go out for drinks. The only reason they havent fukked is cause Lawrence learned his lesson after hurting Tasha.

How is this not thirsty?

Tasha hasnt been getting fukked anymore than the rest of these women. She at least fukked the same man and thought he liked her. She at least tried to actually have a deeper connection with the man. Issa wouldn't even show the dude to the door when he declined to fukk her.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I agree with your definition but I think that they were just emotional and caught up in the moment trying their best to one up one another with the insults.

However. Word to @Theraflu there is a clear contrast beteeen how Lawrence was around Tasha and her family versus his non black counterparts.

Nah. He could have been like dude is ugly or broke just like I was. Theres a reason Lawrence mocked Daniel being a producer and implied he wasn't a gentleman because of it. There is no other reason to question Daniel's character after pointing out his occupation. Its classist.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Nah. He could have been like dude is ugly or broke just like I was. Theres a reason Lawrence mocked Daniel being a producer and implied he wasn't a gentleman because of it. There is no other reason to question Daniel's character after pointing out his occupation. Its classist.

When people talk about Rappers and Rap Music degrading women is that classism?

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
But we don't overlook it. Lawrence was a terrible partner who got cheated on. We equate Lawrence's 2 years of emotionally draining & ignoring Issa to Issa's 1x cheating with Daniel (as Issa only physically cheated 1x during the relationship). Two years of BS versus one time??? We're being very generous here.

There were no victims in their relationship.
:gucci:WHAT?!?

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Tasha has known Lawrence since he was barely employed. When he was with Issa they were not fukking, which means she started fukking him after he must havr came to her and let her know he was now single. He then starts spending every weekend at her house. They not only fukk, but discuss his app dreams and go out. He fukks his ex and CONFESSES that to her. He also pops up announced at her door. Only after all this takes place does she invite him to a family function. After he disrespects her in the most humilating way, she never speaks to him again.

How is she thirsty?

Aparna has been flirty at most with Lawrence maybe 1 month and is already pouting at work and wanting clarity on the status of their relationship. She invites herself to his inner-circle event even after he tells her he needs to cancel their plans for that night and that his ex would be in attendance. After a heated argument with the ex she suggest they still go out for drinks. The only reason they havent fukked is cause Lawrence learned his lesson after hurting Tasha.

How is this not thirsty?

Tasha hasnt been getting fukked anymore than the rest of these women. She at least fukked the same man and thought he liked her. She at least tried to actually have a deeper connection with the man. Issa wouldn't even show the dude to the door when he declined to fukk her.

:ehh: Hard to argue this when put in this context.