Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
But we don't overlook it. Lawrence was a terrible partner who got cheated on. We equate Lawrence's 2 years of emotionally draining & ignoring Issa to Issa's 1x cheating with Daniel (as Issa only physically cheated 1x during the relationship). Two years of BS versus one time??? We're being very generous here.

There were no victims in their relationship.
them gymnastics
:banderas:
11-gabby-douglas.w710.h473.2x.jpg

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Classicism is bias based or social or economic status.
I agree with your definition but I think that they were just emotional and caught up in the moment trying their best to one up one another with the insults.

However. Word to @Theraflu there is a clear contrast beteeen how Lawrence was around Tasha and her family versus his non black counterparts.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:gucci: This ain't about Lawrence? She's been coming back to that same apartment every day. Why did she flip out on this episode?
He is a part of it
but if the Lawrence argument was the only thing that happen that day she not trashing her apartment
the phone call from Daniel already had her tight and then things continually piled on that day
the rent increase took it over the top
she wasnt thinking about that nygga she was just looking at the whole situation

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
How many people do you know lol. I'd say the majority of people period, men included, don't like telling people no. There aren't THAT many direct people in this world.
you dont wanna know me then.
:pachaha:

cause if your breath smellin like shyt, I AM GOING TO TELL YOUR ASS!!!
:noreha:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
How was Tasha more thirsty than this girl...

I swear some of the comments in here are suspect. Its not cause Indian is pretty because yall said Tasha was pretty too. It has to be her job or :mjpls:.

At first I thought that Lawrence was treating the Indian chick better b/c she didn't sleep with him as fast (which doesn't make it right). But then I thought that women don't typically ask the "what are we" questions until after they have slept with the guy. So Tasha & the Indian chick are making the same moves but really getting treated differently by Lawrence...
:patrice:

Last edited:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
You right. :lolbron:
Still she held him down, showed concern when he was driving all mad at Issa and they got drinks later and seemed to get closer do to the entire experience.
People asking if he is treating her different that Tasha? Yes, the difference is Tasha let him hit early, he still trying to get in her pants so. . . that's why. lol

Perhaps. But as he told Aparna, he was intentionally trying to take it slow because of what happened with Tasha -- who I still think was objectively the best choice for him but he fukked all that up. It was obvious from the jump that he could have gotten Tasha any time he wanted to.

As far as Aparna, when they got to the party and it got awkward, she said something to the effect of "We can leave now if you want, it's whatever you want to do." He pressed forward. I think the reason why this thing is portrayed to work well is because she seems to go out of her way to ensure he has no pressure on him to make whatever it is more than it currently is ("We can go another time or I can go with you, if that makes it easier," "Do we have business?" etc.) and given that for the most part ... Lawrence has been pretty much coddled and catered to by every woman he's been involved with (Issa during his depression, Tasha), I'm not surprised about it. That said, Lawrence obviously does have a type and on some level it may be :mjpls:

I want to feel bad for Molly, though. The thing is -- and this is something I've struggled with but from the inverse POV -- her idea of what relationships should be have been formed by outside parties that won't ever have a real part to play in the relationships she secures. Honestly, from everything I've seen, she should have given Jared a legitimate chance.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
He is a part of it
but if the Lawrence argument was the only thing that happen that day she not trashing her apartment
the phone call from Daniel already had her tight and then things continually piled on that day
the rent increase took it over the top
she wasnt thinking about that nygga she was just looking at the whole situation

I didn't see it like that. The Daniel situation was tied to her relationship w Lawrence based off the fact he joked about doing on purpose for getback. She was tight about the whole FB block situation too. After all that, after Lawrence having the next chick at the party, after they had that argument, she comes home and sees that burn mark on the ceiling from that bullshyt party she had to get Lawrence back. That set her off. So yeah, maybe it wasn't bc of the argument, but all that shyt was directly tied to Lawrence :yeshrug:

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
At first I thought that Lawrence was treating the Indian chick better b/c she didn't sleep with him as fast (which doesn't make it right). But then I thought that women don't typically ask the "what are we" questions until after they have slept with the guy. So Tasha & the Indian chick are making the same moves but getting really treated differently by Lawrence...
:patrice:

I wouldn't say Tasha was thirsty, but definitely more aggressive. She was popping up at his job and pushing up on him even after he said he had a girl. She knew she wanted him and went after it. New chick seems more laid back.