Vulgar:francis:

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Why is it too classist for you?

Can you expound on the bolded

I didnt like when Issa implied Tasha was basic when she literally knows nothing about her except that shes thick, wears long weaves, and works at a bank. Then Lawrence reluctantly agreeing to go to her bbq but once there, the 'Blackness' of it made him want to leave immediately. I think there were men playing cards, a girl dancing for her social media page, men grilling....he saw that and was so taken back he had to leave without even eating. Now he's implying Daniel isnt a gentleman because he's a music producer when he's been nothing short of a great friend to Issa. Even showed up to mentor her students and attend their fundraiser last season.

These are good people they're shytting on but because they maybe didnt go to college or have salaried positions, its like the show is implying they're not worthy.

I'm really not understanding what's weird about Lawrence or why he's being portrayed as the bad guy. I mean him bringing the new chick to the dinner was a bit forward but ehh the relationship is over. At some point they were going to cross paths and he was going to be with someone else.

Lawrence is very weird. I dont mind him bringing someone to the party. Issa cheated so fukk her feelings. But I didnt get the impression he was comfortable with the girl coming, she basically invited herself. There was awkwardness right after she did so. He did the same thing with Tasha (but there didnt seem to be any awkwardness after she invited him to the bbq). Its like he doesnt know how to say no. I think thats weird for a grown man.

Can you expound on this?
I'm wondering if your line of thinking is the same as mine.

There's a good Twitter thread on this that perfectly calls it out.

What was said?

I see your point...but Tasha came off hella thristy and played herself, the Indian broad seems hella more chilled and reserved. The way they wrote Aparna's character is almost unrelastic to a point, cause she seems a little too secure and down for Lawrence. I mean she hear about son going to a dinner party and his EX is there and she basically recommends herself going with him.

I don't know, :patrice: the more I think about the way they wrote the story involving Aparna, the wacker it seems.

How was Tasha more thirsty than this girl? Tasha even pretended to be cool with shyt just to not run him off. Tasha never would have invited herself to his shyt. She only asked him to the bbq after he showed up to her house uninvited with apologies and after months of fukking after months of convos at the bank. Indian asking to come to friends parties when she knows the ex will be there. Not to mention visually getting salty in front of colleagues so much so that its obvious to these colleagues that these two are seeing each other. Then asking Lawrence the "what are we" bs while at the job. I think this all happened on the same day too.

I swear some of the comments in here are suspect. Its not cause Indian is pretty because yall said Tasha was pretty too. It has to be her job or :mjpls:.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Hope not Lil Rel's character is too good for that hoe :hhh:

:comeon: nikka, Lawrence not that damn smart
You right. :lolbron:
Still she held him down, showed concern when he was driving all mad at Issa and they got drinks later and seemed to get closer do to the entire experience.
People asking if he is treating her different that Tasha? Yes, the difference is Tasha let him hit early, he still trying to get in her pants so. . . that's why. lol

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Yeah. We're just not on relatable moral ground I suppose.

I was about to say lol. 2 years or 20; she could have left him if he was so unbearable. Instead let's just disappear from the apartment on a whim and cheat as viable alternatives. It's even shyttier since he ended up on his feet in the long run.

Lawrence is a dikkhead in his own right but for none of the reasons she listed lol.

I don't know where or when I accused you of cheating or suggested that I care where your p*ssy has been :jbhmm:. I think we're talking about a tv show :mjlol:.

It's against my better judgement for even answering you but no I've never cheated.

Guess you're just triggered and felt a type of way.

Not replying to you lmao.

@iBrowse You insinuated that I was a cheater & questioned my morality, when you responded, in agreement, with MJ Truth's comment.

Yes, we were talking about a tv show and now you are taking this convo in whole different direction by bringing up my vagina, especially in that manner.

You're trying way too hard.

Hopefully, you keep your word and not respond as I'm quite fine with having the last word.

Selena-Gomez-Shrugs-It-Off-While-Eating-An-Apple.gif

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Issa took some serious Ls

• Daniel joking that he skeeted in Issa's face for payback
  • Saw Lawrence flaunt the crisp new joint in front of her friends
  • Got called a hoe by Lawrence to her face
  • Rent going up :lolbron:
  • Trashed her apartment in a rage after Lawrence sonned her
Lawrence is a weirdo tho. Hard to vouch for any of these characters. Molly moving crazy out here... getting smashed in the bathroom like a true side joint.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I know Issa was wrong...I just sympathize with her a lil bit. You know I be calling these chicks out on their garbage 100% of the time. But, after 2 years, no job and no action, you gonna get frustrated with your partner and that's the moment we came in at with the show, seeing Issa being irritated with him. Now his shyt right. And the other chick gets to enjoy the put together Lawrence whereas Issa got the struggle life. Also, the dynamic of the non-black woman getting the success and the black woman getting the empty dreams isn't lost on me either :mjpls: Cheating is wrong and Issa was foul but, I still feel for her a bit because all she had to do was suck it up for another 1-2 months and Lawrence would've got his shyt together but, she didn't, she fukked Daniel, and she flushed 5 years down the drain :yeshrug:

And this is how dead end relationships are stretched to 4...5...6...7 years.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I didnt like when Issa implied Tasha was basic when she literally knows nothing about her except that shes thick, wears long weaves, and works at a bank. Then Lawrence reluctantly agreeing to go to her bbq but once there, the 'Blackness' of it made him want to leave immediately. I think there were men playing cards, a girl dancing for her social media page, men grilling....he saw that and was so taken back he had to leave without even eating. Now he's implying Daniel isnt a gentleman because he's a music producer when he's been nothing short of a great friend to Issa. Even showed up to mentor her students and attend their fundraiser last season.

These are good people they're shytting on but because they maybe didnt go to college or have salaried positions, its like the show is implying they're not worthy.

Lawrence is very weird. I dont mind him bringing someone to the party. Issa cheated so fukk her feelings. But I didnt get the impression he was comfortable with the girl coming, she basically invited herself. There was awkwardness right after she did so. He did the same thing with Tasha (but there didnt seem to be any awkwardness after she invited him to the bbq). Its like he doesnt know how to say no. I think thats weird for a grown man.

What was said?

How was Tasha more thirsty than this girl? Tasha even pretended to be cool with shyt just to not run him off. Tasha never would have invited herself to his shyt. She only asked him to the bbq after he showed up to her house uninvited with apologies and after months of fukking after months of convos at the bank. Indian asking to come to friends parties when she knows the ex will be there. Not to mention visually getting salty in front of colleagues so much so that its obvious to these colleagues that these two are seeing each other. Then asking Lawrence the "what are we" bs while at the job. I think this all happened on the same day too.

I swear some of the comments in here are suspect. Its not cause Indian is pretty because yall said Tasha was pretty too. It has to be her job or :mjpls:.
But Issa isn't rich.. hell she's barely middle class

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset

I took it as Issa/Lawrence were talking down on the new bae(s) b/c they were the new bae(s). I didn't see it as classist...just petty.

I do think that Lawrence is only comfortable around certain types of black people though. He was more comfortable around his white coworkers than Tasha's picnic. Issa doesn't come off as bougie to me....that's the least of her flaws.

I have never been a fan of Tasha. IMO, Tasha was basic b/c she is chasing after an unavailable man & getting so little in return. If someone said Molly was basic, I couldn't even disagree. They are both desperate for male attention & unnecessarily put themselves in harms way. However, I think Tasha's "pick me" status is what makes her more annoying for me. If Lawrence worked out, I can just see her shading Issa b/c she didn't "hold her man down."

You're spot on about the Indian chick. She might be the type to like drama b/c who invites herself to a party with where the ex & their mutual friends will be in attendance?

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I know Issa was wrong...I just sympathize with her a lil bit. You know I be calling these chicks out on their garbage 100% of the time. But, after 2 years, no job and no action, you gonna get frustrated with your partner and that's the moment we came in at with the show, seeing Issa being irritated with him. Now his shyt right. And the other chick gets to enjoy the put together Lawrence whereas Issa got the struggle life. Also, the dynamic of the non-black woman getting the success and the black woman getting the empty dreams isn't lost on me either :mjpls: Cheating is wrong and Issa was foul but, I still feel for her a bit because all she had to do was suck it up for another 1-2 months and Lawrence would've got his shyt together but, she didn't, she fukked Daniel, and she flushed 5 years down the drain :yeshrug:

Can't sympathize cuz of the timing
nygga shyt was together when she cheated
they reconnected and even talked about improving their relationship
If she cheated during the birthday incident I would have seen shyt alot different
How u cheat when u tryna get things together

Daps
i've said this before, lawrence isn't making all the right decisions and if i was his homie i'd call him out on a lot of his behavior, but i do think this episode sums up the difference between him and issa

i think he's a lot more considerate and "nicer" ... he didn't really owe it to issa to go and explain things outside, but one look exchanged with molly and he knew whats up. maybe its to alleviate his own feelings about the awkwardness but he still made the effort. issa took it as him parading her because she is still in guilt trip denial and also cuz lowkey she would be doing exactly that if the shoes were reversed ... it was only when she started going off on him that his repressed rage about the cheating came out leading to their argument

at least issa finally stood her ground at work, a step in the right direction

and molly is actually straight up being treated like the sidechick .. only difference is dro is being "open" about it lol ... opening scene again highlights why for better or worse molly is a better friend to issa than vice versa most of the time.