Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
I see alot of people keep saying Lawrence is only comfortable around a certain type of people :mjpls: but one thing I noticed was when Tasha invited him to the cookout, she just left and didn't introduce him to anyone. Lawrence on the other hand introduced his new friend as soon as they sat down.

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lawrence is very weird. I dont mind him bringing someone to the party. Issa cheated so fukk her feelings. But I didnt get the impression he was comfortable with the girl coming, she basically invited herself. There was awkwardness right after she did so. He did the same thing with Tasha (but there didnt seem to be any awkwardness after she invited him to the bbq). Its like he doesnt know how to say no. I think thats weird for a grown man.
How many people do you know lol. I'd say the majority of people period, men included, don't like telling people no. There aren't THAT many direct people in this world.

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
I took it as Issa/Lawrence were talking down on the new bae(s) b/c they were the new bae(s). I didn't see it as classist...just petty.

I do think that Lawrence is only comfortable around certain types of black people though. He was more comfortable around his white coworkers than Tasha's picnic. Issa doesn't come off as bougie to me....that's the least of her flaws.

I have never been a fan of Tasha. IMO, Tasha was basic b/c she is chasing after an unavailable man & getting so little in return. If someone said Molly was basic, I couldn't even disagree. They are both desperate for male attention & unnecessarily put themselves in harms way. However, I think Tasha's "pick me" status is what makes her more annoying for me. If Lawrence worked out, I can just see her shading Issa b/c she didn't "hold her man down."

You're spot on about the Indian chick. She might be the type to like drama b/c who invites herself to a party with where the ex & their mutual friends will be in attendance?
Molly is 10x worse than Tasha. fukking bisexual men and married men. Pouting because the married man that's using you as a cum depository is not paying you attention when his WIFE is around? Tasha IS basic and niave, mabye even a bird, but Molly is just a hoe that happens to have a great job

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
How was Tasha more thirsty than this girl? Tasha even pretended to be cool with shyt just to not run him off. Tasha never would have invited herself to his shyt. She only asked him to the bbq after he showed up to her house uninvited with apologies and after months of fukking after months of convos at the bank. Indian asking to come to friends parties when she knows the ex will be there. Not to mention visually getting salty in front of colleagues so much so that its obvious to these colleagues that these two are seeing each other. Then asking Lawrence the "what are we" bs while at the job. I think this all happened on the same day too.

I swear some of the comments in here are suspect. Its not cause Indian is pretty because yall said Tasha was pretty too. It has to be her job or :mjpls:.

The writing, the sub-par writing on this show is what made Tasha appear more thirsty than Aparna. Tasha was fukking Lawrence at the drop of a dimes hat once he came her way, hell most of her time on screen she was ass naked getting her back blown out, meanwhile the show is depicting Aparna in a very dignified manner and are unfolding that storyline in a very restrained manner, I wonder why :mjpls:

:patrice: And can we verify that Tasha was fukking Lawrenc for months?? That whole storyline seemed to play out in about 3 weeks tops.

Like I said in the post you quoted, the more I think about that entire storyline with Aparna, the more fugazi it looks. Her asking to go to the party with the ex was hella messy and very unrealistic. On the other hand, her questioning him about are they a thing seemed pretty standard to me cause that's what women do, regardless of the capacity if you're seeing them socially. I just think this show is already entering some :mjpls: -elements into the show by showing a woman of another race being more compatible with him than the sistas on the show.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I didnt like when Issa implied Tasha was basic when she literally knows nothing about her except that shes thick, wears long weaves, and works at a bank. Then Lawrence reluctantly agreeing to go to her bbq but once there, the 'Blackness' of it made him want to leave immediately. I think there were men playing cards, a girl dancing for her social media page, men grilling....he saw that and was so taken back he had to leave without even eating. Now he's implying Daniel isnt a gentleman because he's a music producer when he's been nothing short of a great friend to Issa. Even showed up to mentor her students and attend their fundraiser last season.

These are good people they're shytting on but because they maybe didnt go to college or have salaried positions, its like the show is implying they're not worthy.

You got to take into who's saying this about the people though. After a bad breakup ain't nobody going to speak complimentary of somebody's new partner. They're going to just assume the worst and talk shyt about them. In reality ain't nobody going to be like "he's a creative type that might appeal more to you and he's on the come up so I could see why you'd choose him". Nah, people gone be like "fukk that nikka, you just another one of his hoes". Now the one instance where I thought they were being classist was with Molly and the dude that didn't go to college and they admitted as much on the show.

Lawrence is very weird. I dont mind him bringing someone to the party. Issa cheated so fukk her feelings. But I didnt get the impression he was comfortable with the girl coming, she basically invited herself. There was awkwardness right after she did so. He did the same thing with Tasha (but there didnt seem to be any awkwardness after she invited him to the bbq). Its like he doesnt know how to say no. I think thats weird for a grown man.

I agree on this. He needs to man up and learn to say no.

How was Tasha more thirsty than this girl? Tasha even pretended to be cool with shyt just to not run him off. Tasha never would have invited herself to his shyt. She only asked him to the bbq after he showed up to her house uninvited with apologies and after months of fukking after months of convos at the bank. Indian asking to come to friends parties when she knows the ex will be there. Not to mention visually getting salty in front of colleagues so much so that its obvious to these colleagues that these two are seeing each other. Then asking Lawrence the "what are we" bs while at the job. I think this all happened on the same day too.
I swear some of the comments in here are suspect. Its not cause Indian is pretty because yall said Tasha was pretty too. It has to be her job or

I look at it more as Lawrence being self centered as fukk and simply having more in common with this girl and more chemistry. They both have tried to write apps, both dealing with discrimination in the tech field, and just the fact that she's taken an interest in learning about his app and his dreams probably catches his attention more. Plus it's still early and may still show to get weird if she tries to push things beyond hooking up. It's clear the new chick is thirsty and wants something serious but the show has painted Lawrence as naive when it comes to women and he may not recognize that thirst yet.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Molly is 10x worse than Tasha. fukking bisexual men and married men. Pouting because the married man that's using you as a cum depository is not paying you attention when his WIFE is around? Tasha IS basic and niave, mabye even a bird, but Molly is just a hoe that happens to have a great job

I don't think that Tasha is naive at all. Other than that, I can't really argue your points, as you have many valid ones.
:yeshrug:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
why nyggas really making this about Lawrence :what:
her fukking up her apartment was about her life being fukked up in general
Lawrence was part of it but not the main reason

:gucci: This ain't about Lawrence? She's been coming back to that same apartment every day. Why did she flip out on this episode?