Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
If a nikka cheated on his chick who was down on her luck would you feel the same?

I know Issa was wrong...I just sympathize with her a lil bit. You know I be calling these chicks out on their garbage 100% of the time. But, after 2 years, no job and no action, you gonna get frustrated with your partner and that's the moment we came in at with the show, seeing Issa being irritated with him. Now his shyt right. And the other chick gets to enjoy the put together Lawrence whereas Issa got the struggle life. Also, the dynamic of the non-black woman getting the success and the black woman getting the empty dreams isn't lost on me either :mjpls: Cheating is wrong and Issa was foul but, I still feel for her a bit because all she had to do was suck it up for another 1-2 months and Lawrence would've got his shyt together but, she didn't, she fukked Daniel, and she flushed 5 years down the drain :yeshrug:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Yeahhhh i think they gone fukk. He's not really her type but they vibe like crazy!!! I want Lil Rel back next season too

Hope not Lil Rel's character is too good for that hoe :hhh:

It was test, if she can remain composed in that situation it's point scoring for her in our current courting process. lol

:comeon: nikka, Lawrence not that damn smart

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This show is lowkey a touch to classist for me. I hope they calm down in that regard.

Can you expound on this?
I'm wondering if your line of thinking is the same as mine.

There's a good Twitter thread on this that perfectly calls it out.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
:francis: at people defending the Principal earlier in the thread. Homie is so out of pocket. It's almost hard to buy that anyone in real life would be stupid enough to jeopardize their career like that by being openly discriminatory, especially a brother. nikkas got to claw their way up to the positions white people walk into and he risking it by being racist.

I'm glad this was brought up, cause I have a few questions/comments about this storyline....

In the very beginning, what did the Hispanic kid say that the principal told him about coming to the PSA sessions after school? "something about him and his friends might miss school" I couldn't understand him...

also I'm disappointed with Gaines, but I understand his angle. Just wish he wasn't so sloppy and tactless with it.

Also I need a gif of this scene, when that white girl tries to jump in his convo between him and Issa.

my nikka looking at that white girl like Cracker please!
309tzkz.jpg

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I'm not blinded to the contrast between how Lawrence treated Tasha and how he is treating the Indian lady.

Black women stop selling yourselves short.

I see your point...but Tasha came off hella thristy and played herself, the Indian broad seems hella more chilled and reserved. The way they wrote Aparna's character is almost unrelastic to a point, cause she seems a little too secure and down for Lawrence. I mean she hear about son going to a dinner party and his EX is there and she basically recommends herself going with him.

I don't know, :patrice: the more I think about the way they wrote the story involving Aparna, the wacker it seems.