Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
:francis: at people defending the Principal earlier in the thread. Homie is so out of pocket. It's almost hard to buy that anyone in real life would be stupid enough to jeopardize their career like that by being openly discriminatory, especially a brother. nikkas got to claw their way up to the positions white people walk into and he risking it by being racist.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Need the song at the end, great final montage....(song is Kelela "Frontline")

Regarding classism, I see that, I think the show is more self aware of that, than not though, don't we all know a couple, friends or in our social circle who are just a little too "upwardly mobile" and extra about it, sometimes without even trying to be? (Tifffany and Derek) The people I know like this are often 10 years older than my 31, but I still feel the same.

One of my thoughts while watching was if we all weren't at least 25 plus, and have seen all this ourselves, we would think the writing was a little too unbelievable, a little too over the top, I mean no one would bring their second first date to their exes friend's dinner? No one would have sex with one woman, while his wife waited in the front? 30 year olds aren't petty enough to unravel when they find their ex has blocked them on facebook? 30 year olds aren't petty enough to BLOCK their ex on Facebook? No one would be naive enough to be manipulated by someone as obvious and sleazy as Dro? Much less a lawyer? No one would potentially ruin a friendship/relationship with a gorgeous, intelligent Indian woman, who seems really into a nerdy, oblivious geek? People have more maturity and grace, and class than was shown here?

But, they often don't. I know people like everyone represented here. People are really out here, messy, and lacking self awareness, self destructive, clingy, needy, manipulative, no matter their social status, or back account. It makes me relieved sometimes that my own personal life is nothing like that, and it never has to be.

*Dro is a narcissist, who is obsessed with manipulating people, he's for sure not in an open marriage, and this will all get really messy by seasons end

*Molly is going to be on a date with the older lawyer from Chicago

* The Gaines storyline wrapped out as I thought, well handled, by Issa. She needed to come back down a little from her own pain, and see the human side of the kids on the bus. You can't discriminate or tolerate discrimination when you know someone is human. and vulnerable.

*Carrot cakes comments and "must have been a sale on denim" were great lines

Like someone else said, all her lines are hilarious, probably the best one liners on the show

"doesn't look like a trap house anymore"

*That girl is too cool and too cute for Lawerence, (obviously not, but get it together)

Last edited:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
:francis: at people defending the Principal earlier in the thread. Homie is so out of pocket. It's almost hard to buy that anyone in real life would be stupid enough to jeopardize their career like that by being openly discriminatory, especially a brother. nikkas got to claw their way up to the positions white people walk into and he risking it by being racist.

I was informed of a six figure position that was available. A black employee recommended several qualified black applicants for the job. Another minority group was running the show & hired a less qualified candidate within their minority group. This happened recently...in a progressive city...in the educational sector.

While the principle is flagrant, I sincerely hate this all lives matter stance that Issa is taking, specifically b/c this POV has done nothing to push the black community forward.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I was informed of a six figure position that was available. A black employee recommended several qualified black applicants for the job. Another minority group was running the show & hired a less qualified candidate within their minority group. This happened recently...in a progressive city...in the educational sector.

While the principle is flagrant, I sincerely hate this all lives matter stance that Issa is taking, specifically b/c this POV has done nothing to push the black community forward.

None of that shyt matters when it comes to a public school though. My school had Black/African centered groups. I was a part of one. We met every Wednesday after school in an auditorium with a teacher who would teach black history, talk about black issues and we'd have an open discussion.....and AFAIK, ALL students were invited to come. Some white kids and Hispanics would come through. You can't discriminate and prevent students from coming to school events because of their race :mjlol: If he wants to do some black shyt only, he needs to do some Jack & Jill type shyt OUTSIDE of the school setting.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Sucks to be Issa...she held dude down for 2 years and other women are getting to eat off her investment. I mean, dude wasn't broke-broke and had savings but, no woman wants to be with a nikka sleeping on his couch for 2 years, being depressed and unmotivated. And the nikka she cheated on him with aint really long-term material.

She lost :yeshrug:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
seriously...i'mma need quotes of everything Kelli says on this show...:russ:

Kelli: "Isn't this nice..I bought it from Forever 21...its for women but you can't tell.."

Kelli: "pass the butter...BUTTER nikka!"

Kelli: "No this nikka didn't!"

Kelli: "didn't your building change owners.....finally don't look like a trap house no more"

Kelli: "is this carrot cake?....so you hate us?"

:laff: :laff:....i fukkin love her!

also #teamlawrence got that win this week...called Issa on her fake outrage...:pacspit:

oh yea and fukk messy molly...:pacspit:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Y'all moral high ground is cute. Almost adorable. But I have never cheated in real life...physically or emotionally. Can either of you say the same?
:sas1:
I don't know where or when I accused you of cheating or suggested that I care where your p*ssy has been :jbhmm:. I think we're talking about a tv show :mjlol:.

It's against my better judgement for even answering you but no I've never cheated.

Guess you're just triggered and felt a type of way.

Not replying to you lmao.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Sucks to be Issa...she held dude down for 2 years and other women are getting to eat off her investment. I mean, dude wasn't broke-broke and had savings but, no woman wants to be with a nikka sleeping on his couch for 2 years, being depressed and unmotivated. And the nikka she cheated on him with aint really long-term material.

She lost :yeshrug:
If a nikka cheated on his chick who was down on her luck would you feel the same?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's right Issa, this is ALL Daniel's fault. :stopitslime:

You embarrassed yourself :comeon:

And she's never accountable for anything :francis:

Why the fukk is he apologizing and why is she acting so dramatic about the shyt??? You was sucking dikk and caught some nut in ya face, get over it. Starting to hate this bytch

I watched the scene with the :dwillhuh: The shyt was playing out like Daniel bust on her face while she was sleep. You had his dikk in your hand pointed at your face after he said he was about to bust, what did you think was gonna happen.:gucci:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Lawrence is weird. The colleague should fall back but she seems ready af.
I'm really not understanding what's weird about Lawrence or why he's being portrayed as the bad guy. I mean him bringing the new chick to the dinner was a bit forward but ehh the relationship is over. At some point they were going to cross paths and he was going to be with someone else.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm really not understanding what's weird about Lawrence or why he's being portrayed as the bad guy. I mean him bringing the new chick to the dinner was a bit forward but ehh the relationship is over. At some point they were going to cross paths and he was going to be with someone else.
I'm assuming Lawrence and Derrick are cool enough to warrant him getting an invite.

If Issa was in a relationship, I doubt she'd hesitate to bring dude with her.