Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Yeah. We're just not on relatable moral ground I suppose.

I was about to say lol. 2 years or 20; she could have left him if he was so unbearable. Instead let's just disappear from the apartment on a whim and cheat as viable alternatives. It's even shyttier since he ended up on his feet in the long run.

Lawrence is a dikkhead in his own right but for none of the reasons she listed lol.

Y'all moral high ground is cute. Almost adorable. But I have never cheated in real life...physically or emotionally. Can either of you say the same?
:sas1:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
But we don't overlook it. Lawrence was a terrible partner who got cheated on. We equate Lawrence's 2 years of emotionally draining & ignoring Issa to Issa's 1x cheating with Daniel (as Issa only physically cheated 1x during the relationship). Two years of BS versus one time??? We're being very generous here.

There were no victims in their relationship.

Short version - Cheating is obviously worse, though both sides fukked up.

Long version - They are both fukked up things to do, but there is no way they are the same thing. All she had to do was dump him prior and there would have been no problems. In fact, she would have been all the way in the right, regardless of the timing and how rough (speaking generally) it would have been to do that while he was down. But she stuck around and cheated, while this nikka was ring shopping because he thought she was demonstrating wifey behavior after she stuck with him until he got back on track.

And unlike Issa, Lawrence went :camby: at the first sign of intolerable behavior.

Was Lawrence a terrible partner who was too wrapped up in his own shyt to be the boyfriend he should have been? Yes. Absolutely.

But that doesn't suddenly justify or cancel out cheating. It doesn't justify betraying someone's trust in you. Too many relationships in real life see one partner sticking with another person who is down on his or her luck and shyt ain't going right no matter how they try to get it right. It's like dating someone who is bipolar, depressed, etc. That baggage isn't something you HAVE to deal with, but if you choose to, you choose to. She chose to deal with that.

Daps
This show is lowkey a touch to classist for me. I hope they calm down in that regard.

Molly played herself. Your friend's husband cant be your boyfriend. She got that Chicago dude invested in her success and dropping hints. Its a go. Plus hes a cute big dude.

I find Issa hard to talk about. Shes so annoying. Like damn girl, so you got a little cum in your face...chill the fukk out. You know this dude and he's been good to you while you've been mostly a headache for him. Dont give head to men whos cum you dont want on your face.

I kind of hope Tiffany never reveals what happened in her marriage. That would be real af cause its always 1 friend that never tells. In my circle, Im that friend. My circle knows to not even bother asking for too many details.

Lawrence is weird. The colleague should fall back but she seems ready af.

I bet Dro aint telling Molly everything about this open marriage. I bet there are rules about fukking mutual friends. I really hope she's done with this situation. Its never worth the orgasm.

Can you expound on the bolded

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I was scared as hell they were going to have Issa and Lawrence see each other and remember old feelings and hook back up together. Still scared of that based of Lawrence blocking which in real life shows his feelings are still attached to her. inthibj everybody agrees they need to stay far the fukk away from each other.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Lawrence is a weird dude

Derek & Amanda Diva's character were Issa's friends not yours.......After you and Issa broke up why the fukk are you even thinking of bringing your new girlfriend to a dinner with them?

nikka just move on with your life.
I disagree on the friend's part. Five years is a long ass time. After that long they just become friends it stops mattering who was friends with first. Plus wasn't it intimated earlier in the season about Derek and Lawrence still hanging out and that's how they were able to get some info on him.

But bringing the girl though was childish as hell. I can't lie and act like I haven't done the same at some point but it definitely makes shyt awkward for everybody there and crazy to put a female you're feeling through that type of situation. Nobody gone like her simply out of loyalty for the ex.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I was scared as hell they were going to have Issa and Lawrence see each other and remember old feelings and hook back up together. Still scared of that based of Lawrence blocking which in real life shows his feelings are still attached to her. inthibj everybody agrees they need to stay far the fukk away from each other.

Let's just be thankful Courtney Kemp doesn't play a part in putting together Insecure :troll:

Power :snoop:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
So u invite the nikka and mad he brought a date....fukk deez birds:stopitslime:

Daps
Lawrence is a weird dude

Derek & Amanda Diva's character were Issa's friends not yours.......After you and Issa broke up why the fukk are you even thinking of bringing your new girlfriend to a dinner with them?

nikka just move on with your life.

I feel like that's common sense to everybody. Kinda sloppy on the writers part for real.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I feel like that's common sense to everybody. Kinda sloppy on the writers part for real.

I didn't find it sloppy. It fits perfectly with who Lawrence has been for the duration of the show. He's oblivious, unaware of obvious social cues and downright inconsiderate because of it. Tasha summed him up quite well IMO.