Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Issa slept with Daniel, who she had a history with, and the neighbor. Lawrence slept with two random white chicks & Tasha. They seem about even in the casual sex department to me. Don't rag on Issa just because she gave this dumb ass phase a title. She sucks at being a whore b/c she really ain't about that life.

She's mad trifling with Daniel though. I agree with you on that. I agree that Issa is self righteous & self centered. I don't get how she's classist or manipulative though.
They're not equal at all. Issa had sex with Daniel while she was still with Lawrence. I'm still not understanding how y'all just casually overlook this shyt.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
It was test, if she can remain composed in that situation it's point scoring for her in our current courting process. lol

I'm sorry, but I find tests to be extremely childish. There are enough (romantic/platonic) relationship trials for you not to create an issue when there is none.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
They're not equal at all. Issa had sex with Daniel while she was still with Lawrence. I'm still not understanding how y'all just casually overlook this shyt.

But we don't overlook it. Lawrence was a terrible partner who got cheated on. We equate Lawrence's 2 years of emotionally draining & ignoring Issa to Issa's 1x cheating with Daniel (as Issa only physically cheated 1x during the relationship). Two years of BS versus one time??? We're being very generous here.

There were no victims in their relationship.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
This show is lowkey a touch to classist for me. I hope they calm down in that regard.

Molly played herself. Your friend's husband cant be your boyfriend. She got that Chicago dude invested in her success and dropping hints. Its a go. Plus hes a cute big dude.

I find Issa hard to talk about. Shes so annoying. Like damn girl, so you got a little cum in your face...chill the fukk out. You know this dude and he's been good to you while you've been mostly a headache for him. Dont give head to men whos cum you dont want on your face.

I kind of hope Tiffany never reveals what happened in her marriage. That would be real af cause its always 1 friend that never tells. In my circle, Im that friend. My circle knows to not even bother asking for too many details.

Lawrence is weird. The colleague should fall back but she seems ready af.

I bet Dro aint telling Molly everything about this open marriage. I bet there are rules about fukking mutual friends. I really hope she's done with this situation. Its never worth the orgasm.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But we don't overlook it. Lawrence was a terrible partner who got cheated on. We equate Lawrence's 2 years of emotionally draining & ignoring Issa to Issa's 1x cheating with Daniel (as Issa only physically cheated 1x during the relationship). Two years of BS versus one time??? We're being very generous here.

There were no victims in their relationship.
Yeah. We're just not on relatable moral ground I suppose.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Yall really bought that ssupported you while you were down, as am excuse to get disinterested and cheat bullshyt this show was selling? :mjlol:

Look I'm not down for any man laying up while his woman takes care of him, BUT that never justifies cheating. Relationships are work and series of changes and adjustments. No way on hell if issa didn't work and had a period where she let herself go where people would justify Lawrence cheating on her. If down periods, or people not being at they best justifies cheating , then you might as well say cheating is inevitable because if you with anyone for any real significant amount of time, you will have a down period, even if you rich.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
She got that Chicago dude invested in her success and dropping hints. Its a go. Plus hes a cute big dude.
I think the preview to the finale exposed the fact that they'll hook up. They're seen together at his or her place drinking wine celebrating something (she likely got a promotion). Personally they all have the emotional responsibility of a 12 year old and I don't comprehend how they can hop from one person to the next so quickly.

I doubt Chi-Town will be with Molly for long if they hook up.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Yeah. We're just not on relatable moral ground I suppose.
I was about to say lol. 2 years or 20; she could have left him if he was so unbearable. Instead let's just disappear from the apartment on a whim and cheat as viable alternatives. It's even shyttier since he ended up on his feet in the long run.

Lawrence is a dikkhead in his own right but for none of the reasons she listed lol.