Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
It's a classic, dirtbag, let me make my ex jealous, type of move. I see no other reason for bringing your new date to you ex's friend's party. And how is Lawrence gonna call her a hoe when he's eating out coke whores that he met at the Piggly Wiggly? Lawrence been a lame.

Issa keeps messing over Daniel. He needs to drop her & she needs time, by herself, to reflect.

Lawrence didn't fukk anybody else while in a relationship with Issa -- who repeatedly referred to this point in her life as her "heaux phase," complete with a heaux-tation. But I guess it's that whole, "I can call myself a heaux, but you can't call me that even if I'm purposely trying to act like one."

Besides his app, the only thing he was committed to in that otherwise bum ass time of his was her. That's how.

The rest, I can agree with.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I assume the characters on this show are in their late 20's, early 30s.....

I'm 31.......by this age I avoid drama like the plague and I assume most mature people do too.

It's absolutely mind boggling how Lawrence continues to have a "hive". There's absolutely nothing likable about his character. He's a clown.

I'm in my 30s & I'm the same way.

Lawrence didn't know it was gonna be a formal sit-down kind of thing. He even tried to leave when he first got there.

Bottom line, Issa is the one who cheated so she kind of deserved it.:yeshrug:

It doesn't matter if it's a sit down or drive by. Even if Lawrence didn't give a shyt about Issa, why are you putting a chick that you're just starting to date in an ackward situation? That's classless & inconsiderate.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, Lawrence should have known better not to bring new girl to the party. Especially with Issa being there :francis:

That being said, he did get the last word and had Issa flipping furniture :lolbron:.

Aparna seems like a cool chick, she better not invite Lawrence to a the family cookout though :sas1:

Molly giving away Lil Rel's snacks to Dro like that :picard:

Carrot cake is delicious, especially with a big glass of milk :dwillhuh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

It doesn't matter if it's a sit down or drive by. Even if Lawrence didn't give a shyt about Issa, why are you putting a chick that you're just starting to date in an ackward situation. That's classless & inconsiderate.
It was test, if she can remain composed in that situation it's point scoring for her in our current courting process. lol

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
We need some nudes of Aparna :feedme:
Hope she aint vegan...cuz she gettin all the meat
NIyWVov.png

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
Lawrence is a weird dude

Derek & Amanda Diva's character were Issa's friends not yours.......After you and Issa broke up why the fukk are you even thinking of bringing your new girlfriend to a dinner with them?

nikka just move on with your life.

It's a classic, dirtbag, let me make my ex jealous, type of move. I see no other reason for bringing your new date to you ex's friend's party. And how is Lawrence gonna call her a hoe when he's eating out coke whores that he met at the Piggly Wiggly? Lawrence been a lame.

Everyone else at the table had a plus one....even Dro had a plus two :troll:

Issa could have invited one of her men from her hoetation :troll: but she invited her brother instead

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

It doesn't matter if it's a sit down or drive by. Even if Lawrence didn't give a shyt about Issa, why are you putting a chick that you're just starting to date in an ackward situation? That's classless & inconsiderate.
The girl is the one who suggested it.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Lawrence didn't fukk anybody else while in a relationship with Issa -- who repeatedly referred to this point in her life as her "heaux phase," complete with a heaux-tation. But I guess it's that whole, "I can call myself a heaux, but you can't call me that even if I'm purposely trying to act like one."

Besides his app, the only thing he was committed to in that otherwise bum ass time of his was her. That's how.

The rest, I can agree with.

Issa slept with Daniel, who she had a history with, and the neighbor. Lawrence slept with two random white chicks & Tasha. They seem about even in the casual sex department to me. Don't rag on Issa just because she gave this dumb ass phase a title. She sucks at being a whore b/c she really ain't about that life.

She's mad trifling with Daniel though. I agree with you on that. I agree that Issa is self righteous & self centered. I don't get how she's classist or manipulative though.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
The girl is the one who suggested it.

I dont know who you are referring to, but this appearance is a no go either way.

Tiffany barely likes Issa as she talks down to her at every opportunity. Any 5 year boyfriend would know this. There's no excuse for Lawrence to show up with a date.

The work chick just started hanging out with Lawrence. She's going to a party, where his latest ex will be in attendance and their mutual friends will be there. Again, they are not official. Why are you signing up for this potentially disastrous evening?

Last edited:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Issa slept with Daniel, who she had a history with, and the neighbor. Lawrence slept with two random white chicks & Tasha. They seem about even in the casual sex department to me. Don't rag on Issa just because she gave this dumb ass phase a title. She sucks at being a whore b/c she really ain't about that life.

She's mad trifling with Daniel though. I agree with you on that. I agree that Issa is self righteous & self centered. I don't get how she's classist or manipulative though.

Issa slept with Daniel while in a relationship with Lawrence. Lawrence was treated like a piece of meat by two white chicks fresh out of a breakup, i.e. while single.

One of these things is not like the other. What Issa decides to do while single is on her, and no judgement for that, but she cheated on that dude when she should have dumped him years ago. She was wrong. Her fukkup is how they got to this point.

But you are right, she isn't about that life.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Issa keeps messing over Daniel. He needs to drop her & she needs time, by herself, to reflect.
Just take a WILD guess what the difference in her situation vs. his situation was? :usure: :comeon:

Issa is a pretty terrible person on this show lol, the longer it goes.