Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People who bring up Lawrence having money while unemployed strike me as people who have never been in meaningful relationships where they've lived with their partner.

Issa is getting up every day to go into the world and get it while her "man" is stretched across the sofa doing whatever he feels like. They were basically roommates who had sex.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're caping for her and all of that sounds cool, but your response literally had no relevance to what I was replying to.

Daps
I can't see it like that. The relationship didn't end when she fukked Daniel. It ended when Lawerence found out about it. She did her dirt and tried to stay with him.

It's like if you were an employee who is always late but your supervisor let it slide. Than he groped you in the break room, you quit and everyone wants to talk about how you weren't really a good employee. fukk that gotta do with my supervisor crossing THAT line.

Edit: after reading further in the thread a lot of you guys are arguing that the relationship was over before she cheated. I see where you guys are coming from a bit more now.
Yes, you're correct that the relationship didn't officially end until Lawrence ended it after finding out about the cheating. Most of us agree that it had pretty much ended prior to that (whether you think it was when Issa cheated or just before that).

I figured you agreed that the relationship was over before she cheated because you said you'd be Team Issa if she just ended the relationship like a mature adult instead of committing the despicable act of cheating. That's why I felt the need to point out that the argument was over who was at fault for the demise of the relationship not just who was at fault for Issa's choice to cheat.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're caping for her and all of that sounds cool, but your response literally had no relevance to what I was replying to.

Where am I caping?

If you think women are cool getting up to go to work while their man is laying on the couch, you clearly have no experience dealing with any woman worth dealing with.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Where am I caping?

If you think women are cool getting up to go to work while their man is laying on the couch, you clearly have no experience dealing with any woman worth dealing with.
I'm not exactly sure what you're responding to. The original topic was saying Issa was paying full rent for two years and therefore was the reason she was broke, I responded to dude saying Lawrence was most likely paying half of the bills because he was never broke, he just didn't have a job.

You're just talking a whole lot of nothing in response to that.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
@Gravity @Asantehene @spliz @young3000

Cheating is bad. We all can agree with that. Tell me this though brehs, do you honestly believe that the signs were not there from the beginning? I took the following off the Wiki Page for the show. All of the bolded is the synopsis of their interactions up until episode 5 where the cheating occurs. My point is that the relationship has been over before she "cheated". How many of you can honestly answer and state that you would tolerate the bolded behavior prior the "cheating" that occurred in chapter 5? And for all intents and purposes, I put cheating in quotations because I consider cheating what she was doing since episode 1, not just episode 5.

Episode 1: After a disappointing 29th birthday, Issa Dee starts doubting her relationship with her unemployed boyfriend, Lawrence. When Issa hears from an old ex, she takes Molly with her to an open mic-night in the hopes of reconnecting with her old flame. Issa performs the rap “Broken p*ssy”, based on Molly’s romantic life, to impress Daniel which causes a fight between the friends. After leaving the club, Issa gets a text from Daniel and decided to meet up with him despite Molly’s disapproval. Issa and Daniel kiss but he lets her know that he is not looking for a relationship after she brings the subject up.

Episode 2: While Issa decides to become the “No fukks” version of herself, Molly decides to treat herself to a day of pampering. Lawrence continues to worry about Issa’s absence as she ignores him and even has an awkward encounter with her at Rite Aid while she was buying a pack of underwear. The next day, Issa botches her work presentation that she failed to prepare for but later comes up with a beach clean-up event with her coworker Frieda. Molly later runs into Jared, the cute guy she met at the open mic-night, after a disappointing date and makes a connection with him. Issa returns home and apologizes to Lawrence for ignoring him.

Episode 3: Lawrence and Issa have a hard time returning to their old ways. Lawrence learns that he might have to take a lower-entry job and Issa overhears her coworkers badmouthing her beach day event behind her back. Molly brings Jared to a party to meet her friends and finds out that he never attended college, unlike her and her group of friends. Jared admits his interest in Molly after the party. Molly later decides to end things with Jared when she gets accepted into “The League”, a highly exclusive dating app. Issa’s beach clean-up event is a huge success and proves her coworkers wrong. When Issa returns home, she finds Lawrence cooking dinner and begins to reminisce about the good times they shared in the apartment. They finally share official apologies to each other.

Episode 4: Issa and Lawrence are now on good terms which is shown on their shopping trip for a new couch. Molly quickly finds a new date from “The League” after scaring off Michael, her first suitor from the app. Daniel shows up at Issa’s job to apologize for how things left off. She later asks him to present at her Career Day when their speaker for the arts drops out. Molly sparks a connection with her new date by explaining how her bosses asked her to speak to a black intern. Daniel tells Issa’s class about her rapping talent and they find a YouTube video of her rapping “Broken p*ssy”.

Episode 5: Issa freaks out about the kids discovering her video and enlists help to take it down. Molly is enjoying her new guy, Chris, and invites him to her coworker’s engagement party for the evening. While Molly calls Jared to find out who posted the video, Issa visits Daniel to do the same. Chris arrives at the party but upsets Molly when he admits that he only came because she “needed a win”. Daniel encourages Issa to attempt a freestyle in his studio, professes his feelings for her, and they proceed to have sex. Molly shows up to Jared’s apartment drunk after the party and spends the night on his couch.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
That "point" is a lie tho. The relationship was not over because they were still together. Why do you keep telling this lie that they had broken up before she cheated?
I see. You are one of those people that need to hear or see that it's over.

Daps
But by your logic Molly's parent's marriage has been over despite them renewing their vows. It's called a rough patch, she immediately regretted cheating after the fact.
But that's by all of our logic, cuz if you are using Molly's parents as the barometer, then Lawrence is at fault for ending it after learning of the cheating instead of working through it like Molly's mom chose to do decades earlier

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But that's by all of our logic, cuz if you are using Molly's parents as the barometer, then Lawrence is at fault for ending it after learning of the cheating instead of working through it like Molly's mom chose to do decades earlier
Anyone can end a relationship at any time for whatever reason. But you have to either tell your S/O or bounce. Hanging around and acting like shyt is still going on is not an option if you are claiming it's 'over'.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The point was whether Issa has been paying the rent alone the whole time he was unemployed. We agree that he was a Bum ass nikka for not working at all.
wasnt homeboy working at Best Buy? :jbhmm:

or was that after the infidelity

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
LOL. I truly think this is the show that we have been waiting for. A quality program, put on a non-censored quality network showcasing the struggles of dating from the male and female perspective.

I haven't watched that show? Where can I find it? I took cue from yalls post yesterday and began to watch the pilot episode of The Deuce. The show looks promising as hell. The pool hall scene was cringeworthy as hell but I like Franco's acting.
Blue collar hustle is on YouTube.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@Gravity @Asantehene @spliz @young3000

Cheating is bad. We all can agree with that. Tell me this though brehs, do you honestly believe that the signs were not there from the beginning? I took the following off the Wiki Page for the show. All of the bolded is the synopsis of their interactions up until episode 5 where the cheating occurs. My point is that the relationship has been over before she "cheated". How many of you can honestly answer and state that you would tolerate the bolded behavior prior the "cheating" that occurred in chapter 5? And for all intents and purposes, I put cheating in quotations because I consider cheating what she was doing since episode 1, not just episode 5.

Episode 1: After a disappointing 29th birthday, Issa Dee starts doubting her relationship with her unemployed boyfriend, Lawrence. When Issa hears from an old ex, she takes Molly with her to an open mic-night in the hopes of reconnecting with her old flame. Issa performs the rap “Broken p*ssy”, based on Molly’s romantic life, to impress Daniel which causes a fight between the friends. After leaving the club, Issa gets a text from Daniel and decided to meet up with him despite Molly’s disapproval. Issa and Daniel kiss but he lets her know that he is not looking for a relationship after she brings the subject up.

Episode 2: While Issa decides to become the “No fukks” version of herself, Molly decides to treat herself to a day of pampering. Lawrence continues to worry about Issa’s absence as she ignores him and even has an awkward encounter with her at Rite Aid while she was buying a pack of underwear. The next day, Issa botches her work presentation that she failed to prepare for but later comes up with a beach clean-up event with her coworker Frieda. Molly later runs into Jared, the cute guy she met at the open mic-night, after a disappointing date and makes a connection with him. Issa returns home and apologizes to Lawrence for ignoring him.

Episode 3: Lawrence and Issa have a hard time returning to their old ways. Lawrence learns that he might have to take a lower-entry job and Issa overhears her coworkers badmouthing her beach day event behind her back. Molly brings Jared to a party to meet her friends and finds out that he never attended college, unlike her and her group of friends. Jared admits his interest in Molly after the party. Molly later decides to end things with Jared when she gets accepted into “The League”, a highly exclusive dating app. Issa’s beach clean-up event is a huge success and proves her coworkers wrong. When Issa returns home, she finds Lawrence cooking dinner and begins to reminisce about the good times they shared in the apartment. They finally share official apologies to each other.

Episode 4: Issa and Lawrence are now on good terms which is shown on their shopping trip for a new couch. Molly quickly finds a new date from “The League” after scaring off Michael, her first suitor from the app. Daniel shows up at Issa’s job to apologize for how things left off. She later asks him to present at her Career Day when their speaker for the arts drops out. Molly sparks a connection with her new date by explaining how her bosses asked her to speak to a black intern. Daniel tells Issa’s class about her rapping talent and they find a YouTube video of her rapping “Broken p*ssy”.

Episode 5: Issa freaks out about the kids discovering her video and enlists help to take it down. Molly is enjoying her new guy, Chris, and invites him to her coworker’s engagement party for the evening. While Molly calls Jared to find out who posted the video, Issa visits Daniel to do the same. Chris arrives at the party but upsets Molly when he admits that he only came because she “needed a win”. Daniel encourages Issa to attempt a freestyle in his studio, professes his feelings for her, and they proceed to have sex. Molly shows up to Jared’s apartment drunk after the party and spends the night on his couch.
ppl go through rough patches in relationships every day b. As you bolded in episode 3, they reconciled after Lawrence cooked her dinner and all that. To me that sounds like they were getting on the same page. So how could he assume the relationship is over? On top of that Lawrence didnt know who Daniel was or that he presented afterwards. Your post confirms that I'm right fam. Issa is a jackass and has no excuse.

Come on my g