Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
And I explicitly said that your post made no sense dummy.

Their relationship didn't die until she told dude that she cheated. Before he found out that she cheated he was still 100% in it committed to her. He even turned down the chic at the bank out of devotion to his lady. The cheating is what killed the relationship and it was all her fault.

Him being '100% committed' doesn't mean the relationship wasn't dying. And whether you want to accept it or not, he played a huge role in that. Even his boy tried to explain that to him.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Him being '100% committed' doesn't mean the relationship wasn't dying. And whether you want to accept it or not, he played a huge role in that. Even his boy tried to explain that to him.
His boy tried to blame him on her cheating which is exactly what you're doing, you're just too dishonest and bytchmade to admit it.

Had she not cheated they'd still be in the relationship. Her cheating killed the relationship.

Daps
His boy tried to blame him on her cheating which is exactly what you're doing, you're just too dishonest and bytchmade to admit it.

Had she not cheated they'd still be in the relationship. Her cheating killed the relationship.

You're incapable of holding a conversation without hurling insults; no wonder you hold such an immature viewpoint. Too many other quality posters on here to continue discussing this with you.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
man head is overrated. ive had good head too. after a few mins its like just gimme the p*ssy
Head is only overrated if someone considers it better than p*ssy. But it still feels great and you need it for the variety. Yeah, a steak is a lot better than some French fries, but if you eat steak three times a day you'll end up just wanting the French fries for the change of pace alone.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn

I disagree. The relationship was dead before the cheating. Being in a relationship constitutes way more than couch shopping and the trivial crap those fools were dealing with before her indiscretions.

You are making the mistake of behaving like Molly is with her parents. Deluding yourselves into thinking that women do not cheat and expecting there to be some honorable code that everyone lives by. I understand why too. Your mothers were honorable to your fathers and never stepped out on him no matter what. That is what every woman should be like right? How many of you are willing to place your heads on a block to say that your wives and GF never cheated on you?

The relationship has been dead. He was just the last one to find out...

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
This makes no sense because the cheating is what killed the relationship. You're basically saying it's partly his fault for her cheating.

The relationship was dead before Issa cheated. Whether or not Lawrence shares blame in Issa cheating isn't something that can be answered with a simple yes or no, there's tons of context to weigh and it often goes ignored when discussing cheating.

Fact of the matter is, Lawrence is extremely naive and very selfish. He's displayed on many occasions that he lacks very basic awareness about human interactions and social cues. It took a non Black woman to raise his awareness to the fact that his coworkers were afraid to give him honest feedback of his outdated app when the signs were clearly there, he walked out of the meeting feeling like he killed it when that couldn't be further from the truth.

One could argue that he didn't know his coworkers well enough to accurately approximate the impression of his presentation on them but it'd be foolish to argue that he didn't know Issa well enough to know that at some point of the relationship, Issa changed. He didn't notice anything and I suspect it's because he didn't care to notice as he lives his life with a very childlike mindset where things don't exist until they're inconveniently forced into his reality.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
You're incapable of holding a conversation without hurling insults; no wonder you hold such an immature viewpoint. Too many other quality posters on here to continue discussing this with you.
Calling my viewpoint "immature" is an insult stupid. You come at me in a sassy bytchy then whine about being insulted:heh: Take your sensitive ass on somewhere then you bytch.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lawrence was unemployed the last two years of their relationship, so she's been paying the rent alone for a while now. If anything, she should have more money now that she's single.
Lawrence had money though, he just didn't have a job. I can't remember back to the first season like that, though, but I assume he was still paying half the rent, unless they explicitly said he wasn't.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
The relationship was dead before Issa cheated. Whether or not Lawrence shares blame in Issa cheating isn't something that can be answered with a simple yes or no, there's tons of context to weigh and it often goes ignored when discussing cheating.

Fact of the matter is, Lawrence is extremely naive and very selfish. He's displayed on many occasions that he lacks very basic awareness about human interactions and social cues. It took a non Black woman to raise his awareness to the fact that his coworkers were afraid to give him honest feedback of his outdated app when the signs were clearly there, he walked out of the meeting feeling like he killed it when that couldn't be further from the truth.

One could argue that he didn't know his coworkers well enough to accurately approximate the impression of his presentation on them but it'd be foolish to argue that he didn't know Issa well enough to know that at some point of the relationship, Issa changed. He didn't notice anything and I suspect it's because he didn't care to notice as he lives his life with a very childlike mindset where things don't exist until they're inconveniently forced into his reality.

Facts breh. Speech 101 teaches you how to read the room and properly interact with your audience and gauge their interests when publically speaking. You hit it spot on when you said he is naive and selfish.

All throughout the show this season, the writers give examples of his goofy cluelessness, him trying to have sex with Tasha while she is in Sweats, a T and watching a movie, the bumbling mishap of the threesome, the awkward moment in the park with the speaker (RULES!). I mean, I ain't telling dudes what and who do defend but to pedestalize Lawrence as someone who didn't deserve what he received would be a bit naive.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Lawrence had money though, he just didn't have a job. I can't remember back to the first season like that, though, but I assume he was still paying half the rent, unless they explicitly said he wasn't.

People who bring up Lawrence having money while unemployed strike me as people who have never been in meaningful relationships where they've lived with their partner.

Issa is getting up every day to go into the world and get it while her "man" is stretched across the sofa doing whatever he feels like. They were basically roommates who had sex.

Daps
I disagree. The relationship was dead before the cheating. Being in a relationship constitutes way more than couch shopping and the trivial crap those fools were dealing with before her indiscretions.

You are making the mistake of behaving like Molly is with her parents. Deluding yourselves into thinking that women do not cheat and expecting there to be some honorable code that everyone lives by. I understand why too. Your mothers were honorable to your fathers and never stepped out on him no matter what. That is what every woman should be like right? How many of you are willing to place your heads on a block to say that your wives and GF never cheated on you?

Agreed, except I'd say Issa didn't 'know' it was dead either, that's why she copping pleas tryna save it AFTER she cheated.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
How was the relationship dead? Dead means over. If the relationship was dead/over before she slept with the other guy then it wouldn't have been cheating. They were still in a relationship before she slept wth the other guy which is why she initially lied about it and didn't admit it until dude became suspicious and confronted her. He blew up and killed/ended the relationship because she cheated.

Look, I'm not about to go back n forth arguing with you and your bitter black feminist perspective. My point here is that her cheating was not his fault. Both characters are flawed and could have been better significant others but only one cheated, and that person owns all of the responsibility for that.

She cheated because she's a cheater. Her character is just written as being that type of person. Dude could've been the perfect boyfriend and she still would've cheated because it's in her character. Look at how she's acting now. She's just an insecure selfish ho who likes to throw the pussie. It's not even that deep.

You sound like a woman. If the relationship was over, then why didn't end it officially so that she could do what she wanted? Why did she try and save the relationship if she thought that it was over? You people are feminine as fukk. I could seriously understand women taking this position, but gown men? :hhh: