Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
I'm late but better late than never to keep this thing jumping. Great analysis by everyone this week. I seriously check this thread vigilantly on a Monday morning like.:gurl:
Allow me to add my 2 cents if I may.

Once again, the show does an excellent job highlighting the theory that perfection is simply an illusion:leostare:. The great thing about this show in a parallel comparison to this thread is the fact that many of us today, choose to be single because we hold onto an idea of what the man/woman of today should be for us today. No disrespect to anyone and their beliefs, but, I see a lot of dudes in here struggling to come to terms with the fact that blind ambition is not an excuse for neglect.:ufdup:

When, if we stopped for a second to think about how time waits for no one, it's actually stubborn to want the past to follow us to the present. Love, like people, evolves and I think the writer sort of drew this parallel with Lawrence falling in love with his idea of his app, only to discover that the app was outdated.

We fall in love with the idea of something so hard and throw all of our efforts behind it, neglecting the present in front of us only to realize afterward that we too as with love, must progress forward.

I recall a month or so ago, reading an article about a woman in NYC complaining about the Mister Softee Ice Cream Trucks being a nuisance due to the music blaring through their speakers.:bryan: In random thought, I said to my wife, how cool would it be if I could develop an app where Mister Softee could drive around and deliver ice cream to pins and use credit cards:win: rather than just driving around blaring music and hope that the children will put down their joysticks long enough to find cash and purchase ice cream. :dame:

I brought this up to say that although it seemed like a good idea at the time, a week later, UBER had gone live with a similar idea on their platform:umad:. My point without being too long winded is that "catching lightning" in a bottle is extremely rare. Timing has a lot to do with success. I understand that, however, if I were blinded by success and an idea only to have UBER come through and crush my dreams, that is precious time that I cannot get back.:shaq2:

It will be interesting to see how the writers develop Lawrence's character when he has his moment of clarity and realizes how he shares a great deal of the blame for his break-up with Issa.:sas2:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I'm late but better late than never to keep this thing jumping. Great analysis by everyone this week. I seriously check this thread vigilantly on a Monday morning like.:gurl:

Once again, the show does an excellent job highlighting the theory that perfection is simply an illusion:leostare:. The great thing about this show in a parallel comparison to this thread is the fact that many of us today, choose to be single because we hold onto an idea of what the man/woman of today should be for us today. No disrespect to anyone and their beliefs, but, I see a lot of dudes in here struggling to come to terms with the fact that blind ambition is not an excuse for neglect.:ufdup:

When, if we stopped for a second to think about how time waits for no one, it's actually stubborn to want the past to follow us to the present. Love, like people, evolves and I think the writer sort of drew this parallel with Lawrence falling in love with his idea of his app, only to discover that the app was outdated.

We fall in love with the idea of something so hard and throw all of our efforts behind it, neglecting the present in front of us only to realize afterward that we too as with love, must progress forward.

I recall a month or so ago, reading an article about a woman in NYC complaining about the Mister Softee Ice Cream Trucks being a nuisance due to the music blaring through their speakers.:bryan: In random thought, I said to my wife, how cool would it be if I could develop an app where Mister Softee could drive around and deliver ice cream to pins and use credit cards:win: rather than just driving around blaring music and hope that the children will put down their joysticks long enough to find cash and purchase ice cream. :dame:

I brought this up to say that although it seemed like a good idea at the time, a week later, UBER had gone live with a similar idea on their platform:umad:. My point without being too long winded is that "catching lightning" in a bottle is extremely rare. Timing has a lot to do with success. I understand that, however, if I were blinded by success and an idea only to have UBER come through and crush my dreams, that is precious time that I cannot get back.:shaq2:

It will be interesting to see how the writers develop Lawrence's character when he has his moment of clarity and realizes how he shares a great deal of the blame for his break-up with Issa.:sas2:

damn, this is an excellent post

:wow:

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
How long have you hated women?
Lol I don't. I didn't mean all the women on both shows. I was speaking mainly on Lena and Issa. I like Tiffany and the girl Lawrence works with and the big girl is funny. The main cast of girls on this show are more likable than the ones on Girls but I still feel like the main character of each show (Lena and Issa) is probably the least likable on their respective shows

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

He lost ALL of the blame when she cheated on him AFTER he got his shyt together. She didn't even communicate her issues with him before she flat left dude in the apartment by himself to go chill wit the next nikka. Y'all fail to realize the biggest issue between Lawrence and Issa. Communication. Issa ain't doing great and she doesn't even know what she wants to do with herself right now. Everyone hits rough patches. Keeping communication open helps both parties get thru situations. She wasn't wrong for feeling the way she felt about Lawrence. She was wrong for doing things the way she did. She fukked around and dragged other people into her bullshyt and hurt other people in the process. Daniel needs to stay all the way the fukk away from her. That white dude too. She a piece of shyt.

Last edited:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
He lost all of the blame when she cheated on him AFTER he got his shyt together. She didn't even communicate her issues with him before she flat left dude in the apartment by himself to go chill wit the next nikka. Y'all fail to realize the biggest issue between Lawrence and Issa. Communication. Issa ain't doing great and she doesn't even know what she wants to do with herself right now. Everyone hits rough patches. Keeping communication open helps both parties get thru situations.

See, I disagree. In relationships, we get caught up in trying to assign blame or fault when in reality of every situation, every action causes a reaction. Men and women operate differently in the way that Android and iPhone software do. On the surface, it may seem as if they are similar but once examined, they are very different in how they function.

A few posts back, I touched on the double standards that exist in society for men and women. Lawrence, like many of man today, expects every woman to be everything. Issa can be a good person on paper. Intelligent, charming, witty and beautiful in the eyes of some, but as we see, she is awful at communication (job, friendship, relationship). Does it give her a license to cheat? Absolutely not; however, Lawrence should have realized what was at stake and he clearly does not excel in the area of having the foresight or the ability to think intuitively as evidenced this episode with the presentation and after his discussion with Tiffany's husband.

50 Cent's biggest song to date, In The Club, begins with what popular phrase? Go Shawty, it's Ya Birthday... Women LOVE to celebrate their birthdays. As some have mentioned in here before. You don't have to be rich or spend money but forgetting a woman's birthday is neglect. You neglect your skin, it will eventually begin to itch. Someone will scratch that itch.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
See, I disagree. In relationships, we get caught up in trying to assign blame or fault when in reality of every situation, every action causes a reaction. Men and women operate differently in the way that Android and iPhone software do. On the surface, it may seem as if they are similar but once examined, they are very different in how they function.

A few posts back, I touched on the double standards that exist in society for men and women. Lawrence, like many of man today, expects every woman to be everything. Issa can be a good person on paper. Intelligent, charming, witty and beautiful in the eyes of some, but as we see, she is awful at communication (job, friendship, relationship). Does it give her a license to cheat? Absolutely not; however, Lawrence should have realized what was at stake and he clearly does not excel in the area of having the foresight or the ability to think intuitively as evidenced this episode with the presentation and after his discussion with Tiffany's husband.

50 Cent's biggest song to date, In The Club, begins with what popular phrase? Go Shawty, it's Ya Birthday... Women LOVE to celebrate their birthdays. As some have mentioned in here before. You don't have to be rich or spend money but forgetting a woman's birthday is neglect. You neglect your skin, it will eventually begin to itch. Someone will scratch that itch.
My nikka no one is perfect in relationships. Not one single person. People fukk up. It's about how u handle/react to the situations. nikka it's called a relationship and if we ain't in high school u gotta know how to handle/communicate ur issues. Fam. Issa was NOT wrong for feeling how she felt about what Lawrence was doing. Lawrence was dead wrong for forgetting her B Day. But Issa was already invested in the next nikka by that time anyway. When u drag someone else into ur shyt. It makes it easier to make rash decisions. U saw how quick he switched up when she finally broke down what her problem was with him? U saw how fast he got his shyt together for her? All it takes is some communication. Who the hell disagrees that communication is the key to making a relationship work? That's like relationship 101. I'm saying that as a married man with children. Both me and my wife been thru some hard times and we wouldn't have gotten thru any of it without being able to communicate with each other. Now see if Issa was communicating her issues with him and nothing changed. Then yea. That's Lawrence. But the fact that he got his shyt together and she did him dirty AFTER makes all her shyt moot. She got at him and he fixed up. I don't see how Lawrence could receive any of the blame after that. shyt. She would even have been better off STAYING broken up with him when she left him the first time.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
man head is overrated. ive had good head too. after a few mins its like just gimme the p*ssy
giphy.gif

:noreha:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
My nikka no one is perfect in relationships. Not one single person. People fukk up. It's about how u handle/react to the situations. nikka it's called a relationship and if we ain't in high school u gotta know how to handle/communicate ur issues. Fam. Issa was NOT wrong for feeling how she felt about what Lawrence was doing. Lawrence was dead wrong for forgetting her B Day. But Issa was already invested in the next nikka by that time anyway. When u drag someone else into ur shyt. It makes it easier to make rash decisions. U saw how quick he switched up when she finally broke down what her problem was with him? U saw how fast he got his shyt together for her? All it takes is some communication. Who the hell disagrees that communication is the key to making a relationship work? That's like relationship 101. I'm saying that as a married man with children. Both me and my wife been thru some hard times and we wouldn't have gotten thru any of it without being able to communicate with each other. Now see if Issa was communicating her issues with him and nothing changed. Then yea. That's Lawrence. But the fact that he got his shyt together and she did him dirty AFTER makes all her shyt moot. She got at him and he fixed up. I don't see how Lawrence could receive any of the blame after that. shyt. She would even have been better off STAYING broken up with him when she left him the first time.

Breh. You are projecting in the bold part. Not everyone is good at communicating. It is a learned skill set. Lightning has struck for you, however, not everyone has your luck. Do you think relationships with great communication do not falter? My point is that sometimes, you have to be able to look objectively at a person's handicap, In specific, Lawrence's lack of intuitive thinking and Issa's lack of communication and seek to find that balance within that relationship. Relationships are just like a business and require a lot of work. If you are not able to remain current in your relationship, the likelihood of it faltering is high. Yes, Lawrence was noble for adapting, but as in many cases, when businesses/people choose to adapt it is often too late. As I said earlier, some of you are living today based off yesterday. Lawrence was a day late and a dollar short, living today like it was yesterday and that train of thought doesn't work for successful people in the corporate and relationship spheres.

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
cold world.

I'm sure she has other great attributes that outweigh not giving head... I mean really, you can't be that shallow.
I admit it's shallow as fukk but not giving head is a definite deal breaker for me. I mean to the point I stopped dating women when they said they don't do it. No matter how good the p*ssy is if you with somebody long enough sex will eventually get boring so I need somebody that's going to be sexually adventurous so we can keep switching things up and keep it exciting. If she don't do something as basic as giving head I would assume there's going to be a lot of other shyt she won't do.

Plus nothing better when you're having a down day and ya woman just throws you on the bed and tops you off real quick. Takes away all the day's stresses.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Breh. You are projecting in the bold part. Not everyone is good at communicating. It is a learned skill set. Lightning has struck for you, however, not everyone has your luck. Do you think relationships with great communication do not falter? My point is that sometimes, you have to be able to look objectively at a person's handicap, In specific, Lawrence's lack of intuitive thinking and Issa's lack of communication and seek to find that balance within that relationship. As I said earlier, some of you are living today based off yesterday. Lawrence was a day late and a dollar short, living today like it was yesterday and that train of thought doesn't work for successful people in the corporate and relationship spheres.
Fam. Im not saying relationships with good communication dont falter. Im saying she didnt commucate with him AT ALL bro. There wasnt even an attempt. When ur in a relationship its ur duty to find a way to get thru to the person ur with. If not than what's the point? Its all a waste. And obviously communication wouldve worked with him. Cause it DID. When she communicated her true issues with him. He straightened his shyt out for her. Which proves if she did that from the time she started feeling a way. The situation may not have gotten so bad.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I don't understand how people still can't see that clearly. Do people just think differently about cheating than we do? It's such a hardline stance for me. On Ozark, Marty detailed my thoughts on cheating perfectly. There are so many opportunities for you to back out before you cheat that it's hard for me to forgive that shyt. It's not just one offense. It's a compounded series of offenses.

All she had to do was tell Lawrence that she can't get past what he did to her and end the relationship like an adult. I would have been 100% Team Issa. Lawerence fukked up and she couldn't forgive him. He has to take that L and live with what he did.