Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I've never heard Issa's head logic before.

Chicks out here believing their mouth is more valuable than their p*ssy?

:why:
I've actually heard A LOT of people try to pass off that same logic. That they're only going down on someone they are in a serious relationship because giving oral is more intimate. Of course that could be people lying to make themselves seem like they aren't as big of freaks as they are. I think I've only had 5 women ever that didn't suck dikk the first time we fukked.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand how people still can't see that clearly. Do people just think differently about cheating than we do? It's such a hardline stance for me. On Ozark, Marty detailed my thoughts on cheating perfectly. There are so many opportunities for you to back out before you cheat that it's hard for me to forgive that shyt. It's not just one offense. It's a compounded series of offenses.

All she had to do was tell Lawrence that she can't get past what he did to her and end the relationship like an adult. I would have been 100% Team Issa. Lawerence fukked up and she couldn't forgive him. He has to take that L and live with what he did.
It really does blow my mind how that doesn't compute with some people. Maybe because I'm a faithful person. Anytime I got to a point I was seriously considering cheating that let me know that I either need to end the relationship or talk with my girl and and try to figure out what's wrong with the relationship to have me considering that. Once someone cheats that pretty much kills the chance to mend the relationship because instead of coming to me with the problems she turned elsewhere.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
It really does blow my mind how that doesn't compute with some people. Maybe because I'm a faithful person. Anytime I got to a point I was seriously considering cheating that let me know that I either need to end the relationship or talk with my girl and and try to figure out what's wrong with the relationship to have me considering that. Once someone cheats that pretty much kills the chance to mend the relationship because instead of coming to me with the problems she turned elsewhere.

You do realize that your personal experiences and ethics aren't the measuring sticks people in the real world live by right?

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I'm late but better late than never to keep this thing jumping. Great analysis by everyone this week. I seriously check this thread vigilantly on a Monday morning like.:gurl:
Allow me to add my 2 cents if I may.

Once again, the show does an excellent job highlighting the theory that perfection is simply an illusion:leostare:. The great thing about this show in a parallel comparison to this thread is the fact that many of us today, choose to be single because we hold onto an idea of what the man/woman of today should be for us today. No disrespect to anyone and their beliefs, but, I see a lot of dudes in here struggling to come to terms with the fact that blind ambition is not an excuse for neglect.:ufdup:

When, if we stopped for a second to think about how time waits for no one, it's actually stubborn to want the past to follow us to the present. Love, like people, evolves and I think the writer sort of drew this parallel with Lawrence falling in love with his idea of his app, only to discover that the app was outdated.

We fall in love with the idea of something so hard and throw all of our efforts behind it, neglecting the present in front of us only to realize afterward that we too as with love, must progress forward.

I recall a month or so ago, reading an article about a woman in NYC complaining about the Mister Softee Ice Cream Trucks being a nuisance due to the music blaring through their speakers.:bryan: In random thought, I said to my wife, how cool would it be if I could develop an app where Mister Softee could drive around and deliver ice cream to pins and use credit cards:win: rather than just driving around blaring music and hope that the children will put down their joysticks long enough to find cash and purchase ice cream. :dame:

I brought this up to say that although it seemed like a good idea at the time, a week later, UBER had gone live with a similar idea on their platform:umad:. My point without being too long winded is that "catching lightning" in a bottle is extremely rare. Timing has a lot to do with success. I understand that, however, if I were blinded by success and an idea only to have UBER come through and crush my dreams, that is precious time that I cannot get back.:shaq2:

It will be interesting to see how the writers develop Lawrence's character when he has his moment of clarity and realizes how he shares a great deal of the blame for his break-up with Issa.:sas2:
You break down these episodes til there isnothing left. Have u watched @Ziggiy blue collar hustle?

Last edited:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
You break down these episodes til there isnothing left. Have u watched @Ziggiy blue collar hustle?

LOL. I truly think this is the show that we have been waiting for. A quality program, put on a non-censored quality network showcasing the struggles of dating from the male and female perspective.

I haven't watched that show? Where can I find it? I took cue from yalls post yesterday and began to watch the pilot episode of The Deuce. The show looks promising as hell. The pool hall scene was cringeworthy as hell but I like Franco's acting.

Daps
I don't understand how people still can't see that clearly. Do people just think differently about cheating than we do? It's such a hardline stance for me. On Ozark, Marty detailed my thoughts on cheating perfectly. There are so many opportunities for you to back out before you cheat that it's hard for me to forgive that shyt. It's not just one offense. It's a compounded series of offenses.

All she had to do was tell Lawrence that she can't get past what he did to her and end the relationship like an adult. I would have been 100% Team Issa. Lawerence fukked up and she couldn't forgive him. He has to take that L and live with what he did.

I thought this debate started around whether or not Lawrence shared any blame in the end of the relationship tho. I can get behind the notion that Issa is 100% at fault for cheating, but they BOTH share responsibility in the demise of their relationship.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
I thought this debate started around whether or not Lawrence shared any blame in the end of the relationship tho. I can get behind the notion that Issa is 100% at fault for cheating, but they BOTH share responsibility in the demise of their relationship.

I guess but Issa made sure the shyt died. When someone cheats there isn't really a "both" sides thing.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Fam. Im not saying relationships with good communication dont falter. Im saying she didnt commucate with him AT ALL bro. There wasnt even an attempt. When ur in a relationship its ur duty to find a way to get thru to the person ur with. If not than what's the point? Its all a waste. And obviously communication wouldve worked with him. Cause it DID. When she communicated her true issues with him. He straightened his shyt out for her. Which proves if she did that from the time she started feeling a way. The situation may not have gotten so bad.

Okay. I will use what we know instead of the unknown. You make an excellent point about her not communicating on screen with Lawrence at all. You are a married man as I am. In your experiences dealing with women, including your wife, how many times has a woman irrationally gotten upset at you for assuming that you knew or did something? That very something that didn't or hasn't crossed your mind or thought? In my experience, many women assume that men possess an uncanny ability to read their minds.

An example of this would be when a woman says "im hungry, lets eat". The man then takes the assertive role and pulls up to a place he thinks would be suitable to eat only to have the woman say, "i don't feel like eating that". She assumes that he will take cue and read her mind and choose a place to her liking/standard and he assumes that he is being assertive and making a decision that is rational. In this case, even when communication is present and the woman says, "i don't know babe, you choose something", and the man chooses and she is still not happy, the man is still wrong. Classic case of double standards where a man is expected to do all of the work and still be able to read minds.

My post from last week discusses the male double standards as well and I state the case that relationships are not for consumption when you are in a state of flux like Lawrence was. So while in theory, the man in me agrees that Lawrence was not wrong. On paper, he was faithful and reactive to the communications miscues. However, nothing in life happens in a vacuum, therefore I have enough experience to know that everyone does not live by my code and standards. The responsibility still lies with the man to be responsible for not only himself but the feelings that develop in his partner as well based on his actions...

In summation, relationships are what you make them.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
LOL. I truly think this is the show that we have been waiting for. A quality program, put on a non-censored quality network showcasing the struggles of dating from the male and female perspective.

I haven't watched that show? Where can I find it? I took cue from yalls post yesterday and began to watch the pilot episode of The Deuce. The show looks promising as hell. The pool hall scene was cringeworthy as hell but I like Franco's acting.

We also have an official thread here

New Webseries Blue Collar Hustle (Season 1 COMPLETE!)

I appreciate all comments, critiques, and opinions

Gravity

Banned
Daps
This makes no sense because the cheating is what killed the relationship. You're basically saying it's partly his fault for her cheating.

Daps
This makes no sense because the cheating is what killed the relationship. You're basically saying it's partly his fault for her cheating.
I explicitly stated Issa is 100% at fault for cheating:dahell:

I disagree the notion that relationship wasn't dying before that. And Lawrence played a large part in why the relationship was dying.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I explicitly stated Issa is 100% at fault for cheating:dahell:

I disagree the notion that relationship wasn't dying before that. And Lawrence played a large part in why the relationship was dying.
And I explicitly said that your post made no sense dummy.

Their relationship didn't die until she told dude that she cheated. Before he found out that she cheated he was still 100% in it committed to her. He even turned down the chic at the bank out of devotion to his lady. The cheating is what killed the relationship and it was all her fault.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They always mention how amazing she is and her colleagues seem to respect her though she is not paid fairly which is a real issue in some fields. I dont see how that makes her a loser though. The only way Molly is losing is her bad love life.

Issa's problem is the job she works though it can be a fulfilling and a necessary job it doesnt pay much it seems. However Issa is educated, inteligent and funny. She is only really losing cause she is trying to be a hoe to get over her ex and is bad at it :mjlol:

I see, now that you break it down like that makes sense :jbhmm:
Where's that Juelz gif when you need it?

What good is Issa being "educated" doing her? She's a terrible decision maker, in her early 30s (late 20s?) making shyt pay and waiting until damn near middle age to get into a "ho phase". If you knew Issa in real life, or someone like her (I know a few generally speaking) you may not look at her as a loser necessarily but you wouldn't be defending her if someone called her that.