Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Few loose points:

Issa is broke because she is paying her whole rent, without half coming from Lawerence, right?

Something is off about Dro, maybe it's just the actor, but he comes off really manipulative, even if he's truly fond of Molly, he's always the sharper one in the exchange, more in control, and he knows it.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Few loose points:

Issa is broke because she is paying her whole rent, without half coming from Lawerence, right?

Something is off about Dro, maybe it's just the actor, but he comes off really manipulative, even if he's truly fond of Molly, he's always the sharper one in the exchange, more in control, and he knows it.

He's not necessarily sharper but very manipulative and he's abusing the trust he's earned with Molly over years of being her friend. He's definitely more in control, he convinced Molly he's in an open relationship, she's a lawyer and she blindly believed him without any serious analysis of his claim because she trusts him and more importantly because she wanted to fukk him and he gave her a path to do so without feeling like she's a side chick.

This charade will only last so long, he'll get a few weeks worth of sex outta the deal and then she'll start applying pressure, their relationship will never be the same again.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
A better way to phrase that would be sharper in terms of advancing things to his advantage every time.....Agree with all your points. This is the long con version of "just friends", if that's really your friend, you think a lot more about what you two are doing, and how it plays out.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
I think last night I had an epiphany with this show.

I usually watch this with my girl and damn this show is basic as hell. It really is not HBO worthy tv, I think I lost a lot of interest from the last show. Same shyt every week.

And next time swallow, why was she even that mad shyts dumb
:francis:

This season is going nowhere
It's like they took all the worst parts season 1 and amplified them.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've never heard Issa's head logic before.

Chicks out here believing their mouth is more valuable than their p*ssy?

:why:
Not really more valuable, but oral sex is more "intimate" I guess. Like regular vaginal sex is more standard, whereas head and anal are like premium services. Also women are still very uptight about sucking dikk, as you saw in the episode. I'm not sure why she's a full grown adult and never had nut on her face. Either she never gave head until a guy came or she's green as fukk. Maybe her and Lawrence had some boring ass sex.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Few loose points:

Lawrence was unemployed the last two years of their relationship, so she's been paying the rent alone for a while now. If anything, she should have more money now that she's single.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This season is going nowhere
It's like they took all the worst parts season 1 and amplified them.
Where do you want the season to go and why does it have to go anywhere? Sex and the city went seasons without a real plot. I like seeing black people on TV living everyday ass lives.

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
To be fair she has TMJ and says my girth causes problems for her. :dame:
giphy.gif