Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Some men are probably projecting their own fears/paranoia/doubts about relationships onto the show too :ehh: partly why I feel like the show resonates with so many people.
while you right about this forum, and the way these men are reacting, a lot of women are projecting their feelings on the show too.

The truth, and I said it last season and I have been saying it throughout, is that they both insecure. THey both messed up. And we should be on the show's hive instead of flocking to Issa and Lawrence. Both characters are a mess and trying to figure out their lives.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lord they were together for 5 years. 5 years that we missed. As much as Issa talks we are going to assume that in 5 years they never had any conversation about her happiness because it was never on screen? I'm pretty sure that wasn't the cast. I was always under the impression that we were seeing the end of the relationship. I'd assume this was when Issa was at her wits end and the time for discussion and "understanding" had past especially given how far checked out he was.

To the bolded, we'll agree to disagree. Dude was like this for years. I mean I just don't see how that could be acceptable. Both are reasons to leave whether you are not being treated well or you are being cheated on. :yeshrug:

Speaking for myself, the bolded is not as outlandish as it sounds. Me and my ex broke up in early 2014 after a few months of arguing back and forth partly because she felt I had "changed". At the time, I felt like it came out of nowhere and she couldn't even fully articulate how I had changed. But she tells me last year that she felt I started changing after everything that happened with my family in 2010

Not to say I'm perfect or was perfect, but I pleaded with her throughout the relationship to tell me anytime if anything was bothering her and not to let it fester. And yet she waited almost 4 years before she said anything :dahell:

I can see why some people would think that Issa didn't say anything until that breakup convo in that episode.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
while you right about this forum, and the way these men are reacting, a lot of women are projecting their feelings on the show too.

The truth, and I said it last season and I have been saying it throughout, is that they both insecure. THey both messed up. And we should be on the show's hive instead of flocking to Issa and Lawrence. Both characters are a mess and trying to figure out their lives.
Thank you. This is what I have been trying to say. You just said it better.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Speaking for myself, the bolded is not as outlandish as it sounds. Me and my ex broke up in early 2014 after a few months of arguing back and forth partly because she felt I had "changed". At the time, I felt like it came out of nowhere and she couldn't even fully articulate how I had changed. But she tells me last year that she felt I started changing after everything that happened with my family in 2010

Not to say I'm perfect or was perfect, but I pleaded with her throughout the relationship to tell me anytime if anything was bothering her and not to let it fester. And yet she waited almost 4 years before she said anything :dahell:

I can see why some people would think that Issa didn't say anything until that breakup convo in that episode.

Maybe but it turns out she did speak up. I would say 4 years is out of the ordinary though.

Daps

Oh for sure its projection on both sides, thats why we got hives and set feuds and shyt, its lowkey great marketing for the show :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. Cheating is the highest order of disrespect if I had to place levels disrespect in terms of looking at this from a hierarchal aspect. honesty comes from within that anger. After the disagreement, some forms of reconciliation should occur, hence the phrase, "never go to bed mad". If the issues still persist, then each person has their right to make a conscious decision to leave the relationship or stay, realizing that "you can't have it all". What I will understand from BlackPearls point of view and through my own experience is that loyalty and respect aren't guaranteed to always be there. We expect it to be reciprocated but it isn't a guarantee. So yes, Issa was dead wrong for cheating point blank period, but Lawrence could have spared his feelings by picking up on cues here and there in regards to her feelings.

This is the exact caping y'all are doing for Issa. Its literally talking out of both sides of your mouth. You can't say a person need communication in one hand and then say on another hand Lawrence should had picked up on cues about her feelings. She could have just told him her feelings.

Granted we don't know what happen before the show starts. Issa tells Lawrence she is considering breaking up .He makes his case and then backs it up by doing better. Obviously Issa appreciated it bc w/o the cheating they was on their way to making it work.

Just seem like people are always going to assign some blame to the guy . No matter what. Feels like talking to a trump supporter always referring back to Obama.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good soundtrack to this show too, they pick the best songs for the show.

You bugging, she's very funny if you ask me and intelligent too with the work she does. I mean so intelligent she wings it and still comes through. Also sure she is doing a wack dead end job but she has been taking care of Lawrence while he just slept in her apartment for years like some bum. I mean cmon fam, you must be objective. She carried all the financial responsibility and held the nikka down. That to me is a rider and a good catch, especially today when most women don't play that and want a nikka with dough.

Also fam don't sleep on her body, she got some boobage and I seen her cake in episode 1 of season 2 where she practiced how she was gonna get back with Lawrence. My only worry is if she is neurotic cause she talks to herself a lot and I'm sure we all do it but not like her :russ:

The only thing she did wrong was cheat imo
If the "only thing" you did wrong was cheat, you don't deserve the relationship.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one is condoning Issa cheating breh. The nikka was slipping in more ways then one which you seem to completely glance over. How are in a relationship with someone for 5 years and forget their birthday? Lawerence had completely checked out of their relationship and didn't tighten up until the very last minute.
The clearly was taking Issa for granted.

He fukked up and then she fukked up. Lawerence is playing the victim like he was perfect and you are right there with him. He neglected his relationship for at least a year and his girl strayed. It's how it goes sometimes.

To fault women because we don't wanna hang around and be neglected is unfair. The idea that a woman needs to hang around for the bull shyt or she "doesn't know how to love" is completely off base. She stayed with his ass for years while he was slipping. She slipped once and he end it. Seems like the selfish unloving person in this scenario (if you wanna take it there) would be him more so than her.
She fukked somebody else lol, that's not a "slip". He "slipped" when he forgot her birthday.

She should've just broken it off with him if she didn't want to hang around and be neglected. I'm not sure why people act like that wasn't the logical choice in that situation. I agree that Lawrence had checked out of their relationship, and seemingly checked out of regular life overall, but she could've just left him. Easier said than done though, and I know this is how a lot of people (men and women) choose to handle that situation... and of course, the show is "Insecure".

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I aint know the girl who played Issa's friend Kelli was on Wild N Out. I saw her on there and was shocked :russ:

No one is condoning Issa cheating breh. The nikka was slipping in more ways then one which you seem to completely glance over. How are in a relationship with someone for 5 years and forget their birthday? Lawerence had completely checked out of their relationship and didn't tighten up until the very last minute.
The clearly was taking Issa for granted.

He fukked up and then she fukked up. Lawerence is playing the victim like he was perfect and you are right there with him. He neglected his relationship for at least a year and his girl strayed. It's how it goes sometimes.

To fault women because we don't wanna hang around and be neglected is unfair. The idea that a woman needs to hang around for the bull shyt or she "doesn't know how to love" is completely off base. She stayed with his ass for years while he was slipping. She slipped once and he end it. Seems like the selfish unloving person in this scenario (if you wanna take it there) would be him more so than her.

I agree with you except I Would say she was more self fish cause she cheated due to wanting to have her cake and eat it too which is the epitome of selfishness. She wanted to keep her relationship with Lawrence but had sex with Daniel. Truth be told she likes Daniel as well too but didnt want to dump Lawrence to be with him, hurting Lawrence in the process. Issa is so selfish that even when she seen the teacher doing things wrong she looked the other way cause she must be thinking like that has nothing to do with me, im making progress here lol. Even when she was out for that trip she ended up coming back early all cause Daniel was gonna be at her house and she stole her friends car to get back lol. You cant tell me she is not more selfish.

If the "only thing" you did wrong was cheat, you don't deserve the relationship.
True that and I agree, but what about the people who say everyone deserves a second chance?

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
She fukked somebody else lol, that's not a "slip". He "slipped" when he forgot her birthday.

She should've just broken it off with him if she didn't want to hang around and be neglected. I'm not sure why people act like that wasn't the logical choice in that situation. I agree that Lawrence had checked out of their relationship, and seemingly checked out of regular life overall, but she could've just left him. Easier said than done though, and I know this is how a lot of people (men and women) choose to handle that situation... and of course, the show is "Insecure".
1. He didn't forget her birthday. He told her didn't want to celebrate her birthday.

2. No shyt she did the wrong thing

3. I don't know why ya'll got your panties in a bunch because we acknowledge that Lawerence wasn't an Angel. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't advise him to go at the next relationship the way he came at Issa but god forbid we talk about how he could do better. The reason ya'll don't want to talk about his wrongs is the same reason he's gonna keep taking Ls.

4. "Issa is wrong" is pounded into the ground. What is so wrong with having a conversation beyond the obvious?

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I aint know the girl who played Issa's friend Kelli was on Wild N Out. I saw her on there and was shocked :russ:

I agree with you except I Would say she was more self fish cause she cheated due to wanting to have her cake and eat it too which is the epitome of selfishness. She wanted to keep her relationship with Lawrence but had sex with Daniel. Truth be told she likes Daniel as well too but didnt want to dump Lawrence to be with him, hurting Lawrence in the process. Issa is so selfish that even when she seen the teacher doing things wrong she looked the other way cause she must be thinking like that has nothing to do with me, im making progress here lol. Even when she was out for that trip she ended up coming back early all cause Daniel was gonna be at her house and she stole her friends car to get back lol. You cant tell me she is not more selfish.

True that and I agree, but what about the people who say everyone deserves a second chance?
I never denied that she is selfish or wrong. IDK if she was more selfish. Maybe in the last few months but not in the overall 5 year relationship.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Maybe but it turns out she did speak up. I would say 4 years is out of the ordinary though.

His reaction suggested it was the first time he was hearing all of that. That he didn't pick up on something being wrong sooner is another mark against him. Maybe some of us are jumping to conclusions in thinking she didn't speak up sooner about being unhappy, but with her personality, it doesn't seem that far outside the realm of possibility either.