Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Wow, well salute to her for waiting and what not but really? Lol I find this hard to believe.

Not saying she is a liar but damn.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
1. He didn't forget her birthday. He told her didn't want to celebrate her birthday.

2. No shyt she did the wrong thing

3. I don't know why ya'll got your panties in a bunch because we acknowledge that Lawerence wasn't an Angel. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't advise him to go at the next relationship the way he came at Issa but god forbid we talk about how he could do better. The reason ya'll don't want to talk about his wrongs is the same reason he's gonna keep taking Ls.

4. "Issa is wrong" is pounded into the ground. What is so wrong with having a conversation beyond the obvious?
At this point I think everyone has acknowledged that Lawrence indeed was fukking up in the relationship and being a shytty boyfriend and he definitely has stuff to improve upon. All everybody is saying is just dump his ass or try to work it out with you. The disagreement is you saying that her fukking somebody else is on equal ground with him being a shytty boyfriend.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
At this point I think everyone has acknowledged that Lawrence indeed was fukking up in the relationship and being a shytty boyfriend and he definitely has stuff to improve upon. All everybody is saying is just dump his ass or try to work it out with you. The disagreement is you saying that her fukking somebody else is on equal ground with him being a shytty boyfriend.

That is not what you said breh but okay and I never said anyone is on "equal grounds." I said I don't feel bad for dude because of xyz. If ya'll wanna spend the whole thread having a pity party for Lawrence go right ahead. Others seemed to get it just fine and even agreed. This conversation is going circles. I believe we agreed to disagree awhile ago. Let's stick with that. Y'all being upset that I ain't shedding a tear for Lawrence is getting mad dull.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
No one is condoning Issa cheating breh. The nikka was slipping in more ways then one which you seem to completely glance over. How are in a relationship with someone for 5 years and forget their birthday? Lawerence had completely checked out of their relationship and didn't tighten up until the very last minute.
The clearly was taking Issa for granted.

He fukked up and then she fukked up. Lawerence is playing the victim like he was perfect and you are right there with him. He neglected his relationship for at least a year and his girl strayed. It's how it goes sometimes.

To fault women because we don't wanna hang around and be neglected is unfair. The idea that a woman needs to hang around for the bull shyt or she "doesn't know how to love" is completely off base. She stayed with his ass for years while he was slipping. She slipped once and he end it. Seems like the selfish unloving person in this scenario (if you wanna take it there) would be him more so than her.
Lawrence did NOT fukk up.

If Issa wanted someone with more ambition, she should've broke up with him and then slept with the other guy. Simple:camby:

Lamar Givens

Spitting truth you can’t handle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeshua
Facts. Whether it is entertainment, money, attention, women want what you can provide. It's why traditional roles in society are important. I disagree that Tiffany's husband was caping for Issa. I think he was just providing Lawrence with knowledge about the double standard which is why he hit him with the "truthfully speaking" language. At Lawrence's age, he should KNOW that there is no such thing as unconditional love in today's world between man and woman.

As a grown man who has been in a few relationships, even spawning a kid from one, the thing that remains constant is that as a man, you must always be on. There are no down moments, no tears, no sulking, especially if you are dealing with women of a certain type (attractive).

Sorry fam, can't co sign this post. As a reformed and delivered womanizer you have to know what type of woman to pick.

I have had women do all kinds of things to prove their loyalty. Some stuff I'm still asking the The Most High to forgive me of. I broke a lot of hearts.

You have to know what type of woman to pursue because there are a plethora of women out here who are endlessly loyal even to their own detriment.

So once again I can't co sign on your point that there is no such thing as unconditional love in this generation.

You just have been choosing the wrong kind of females...

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
man this show fukking sucks right now :dahell:

im watching this second season with my girl and we're both confused as to why we even like it anymore. shyt about to catch the bushes and be some binge watching shyt after its over if it dont pick up.

its just fukking. every episode is someone fukking someone and being vulnerable because someone else fukked someone so they're gonna fukk until they get to fukk each other again :lupe:

whole threesome scene this last episode was so laughably bad

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Sorry fam, can't co sign this post. As a reformed and delivered womanizer you have to know what type of woman to pick.

I have had women do all kinds of things to prove their loyalty. Some stuff I'm still asking the The Most High to forgive me of. I broke a lot of hearts.

You have to know what type of woman to pursue because there are a plethora of women out here who are endlessly loyal even to their own detriment.

So once again I can't co sign on your point that there is no such thing as unconditional love in this generation.

You just have been choosing the wrong kind of females...

Respectfully speaking, I won't get on a high horse here and tell you that your experience is not true, however, they didn't start and end womanizers at you.

I tell people on here all the time because you cannot fathom or comprehend something does not mean it isn't true. I do not speak in absolutes unless it is what I have experienced firsthand.

My experience was extremely different than the average black man because I have lived above the average black man's experience for my entire existence.

The one thing that has remained constant in my life from the women of my life be my mother, nieces, ex's, flings, wife is that their love comes with conditions.

Best believe if I weren't who I am, that love would shift and if I were to think otherwise, I would be proven to be a fool. The loyalty of a woman comes at a price, and don't mistake that price for material items because even that isn't worth much to some.

Your time and attention are what they want the most. Don't provide either of those and see how unconditional that love is...