Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I didn't compare them I stated the progression.

They had a 5 year relationship breh. You really think the only thing he ever did wrong was forget her birthday? That event was clearly suppose to represent his overall neglect of the relationship and going to CVS is not making up for shyt. And a conversation is not enough to fix the fact that you would forget something that important.

We just saw the final breaking point of their relationship which didn't come for 5 whole years; 3 of which she was probably unhappy.

I just don't see how you can think years of neglect is worst than cheating. Lawrence is not a victim. He was just self involved and is shell shocked because reality hit him in the face.

Speaking of "role reversal," if a dude is being neglected the first thing I hear is dudes tell the guy to "step out" or get a side chick. I read it on this board daily. And then the men excuse it and expect the woman to forgive because she wasn't "doing her part" so you can miss me with that

That is not what you said breh but okay and I never said anyone is on "equal grounds." I said I don't feel bad for dude because of xyz. If ya'll wanna spend the whole thread having a pity party for Lawrence go right ahead. Others seemed to get it just fine and even agreed. This conversation is going circles. I believe we agreed to disagree awhile ago. Let's stick with that. Y'all being upset that I ain't shedding a tear for Lawrence is getting mad dull.

That's exactly what you was saying. You said you don't see how years of neglect is worse than cheating? That was the heart of what I disagreed with.

Lamar Givens

Spitting truth you can’t handle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeshua
Respectfully speaking, I won't get on a high horse here and tell you that your experience is not true, however, they didn't start and end womanizers at you.

I tell people on here all the time because you cannot fathom or comprehend something does not mean it isn't true. I do not speak in absolutes unless it is what I have experienced firsthand.

My experience was extremely different than the average black man because I have lived above the average black man's experience for my entire existence.

The one thing that has remained constant in my life from the women of my life be my mother, nieces, ex's, flings, wife is that their love comes with conditions.

Best believe if I weren't who I am, that love would shift and if I were to think otherwise, I would be proven to be a fool. The loyalty of a woman comes at a price, and don't mistake that price for material items because even that isn't worth much to some.

Your time and attention are what they want the most. Don't provide either of those and see how unconditional that love is...

I can only speak from my experiences. If a man knows how to find a Proverbs 31 Woman he will find unconditional love.

I was blessed to come across a few in my sinful days and made a lot of mistakes, but they are out there and are VERY RARE.

As I have stated in my previous post, you may need to search inwardly and ask yourself why you cannot find a woman who desires to give unconditional love, and why you seem to attract the wrong kind of females.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Respectfully speaking, I won't get on a high horse here and tell you that your experience is not true, however, they didn't start and end womanizers at you.

I tell people on here all the time because you cannot fathom or comprehend something does not mean it isn't true. I do not speak in absolutes unless it is what I have experienced firsthand.

My experience was extremely different than the average black man because I have lived above the average black man's experience for my entire existence.

The one thing that has remained constant in my life from the women of my life be my mother, nieces, ex's, flings, wife is that their love comes with conditions.

Best believe if I weren't who I am, that love would shift and if I were to think otherwise, I would be proven to be a fool. The loyalty of a woman comes at a price, and don't mistake that price for material items because even that isn't worth much to some.

Your time and attention are what they want the most. Don't provide either of those and see how unconditional that love is...
Elaborate...

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I hate when people on tv and movies be waking up and having no boogies in their eyes.
:stopitslime: