Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This whole "driving someone to cheat" narrative is :camby:

Talk out your problems like an adult instead of tip toeing around the issue for years til it reaches a point of resentment and you bussin it open for the next nikka. Doesn't matter if Lawrence was broke with no career. She made the decision to stay in a relation she wasn't happy with. Either put up with it, fix it, or bounce. Let the roles be reversed. Matter of fact, Lawrence not steppin out with all that free time just adds insult to injury :huhldup:

And Daniel catchin feelins is wild unrealistic. What guy do you know takin a girl he got to cheat on her man with seriously? I get why its in the show but :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Love reading these comments...they truly show that men can not slip for a moment. Lawrence and Issa was together for five years... 3 of them years.
Lawrence apparently was doing well. Losses his job and is a slump for 2. He got money and had unemployment coming in. Had a business idea with an app...that apparently better than the one he is working on at this job....and people calling a bum. This gives Issa the green light to cheat??shyt is :mindblown:

How can you be a bum when you got money. As a man you can't be down from where you use to be. If you do you a bum. Can't go from make 100k to 50k you a bum. Even tho Lawrence IT unemployment checks were probably just as big as Issa non profit social worker checks.

My homie used to say all the time women don't really love. They only love what you can provide. These comments are proving it. This show is proving it. I love the show personally. Think it's the closes thing to black people as I going to see on TV. I relate to everyone on this show. Know someone just like every character on the show.

When Tiff husband was telling Lawrence that he had a hand in allowing Issa to cheat I literally had the :dahell: face. We just cape for women cheating for some reason. shyt is perplexing
Talk to em....

And yes nikkas do cape for women that cheat. Women and simps both. shyt is outrageous playa.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one is condoning Issa cheating breh. The nikka was slipping in more ways then one which you seem to completely glance over. How are in a relationship with someone for 5 years and forget their birthday? Lawerence had completely checked out of their relationship and didn't tighten up until the very last minute.
The clearly was taking Issa for granted.

He fukked up and then she fukked up. Lawerence is playing the victim like he was perfect and you are right there with him. He neglected his relationship for at least a year and his girl strayed. It's how it goes sometimes.

To fault women because we don't wanna hang around and be neglected is unfair. The idea that a woman needs to hang around for the bull shyt or she "doesn't know how to love" is completely off base. She stayed with his ass for years while he was slipping. She slipped once and he end it. Seems like the selfish unloving person in this scenario (if you wanna take it there) would be him more so than her.

Relationship are up and downs. Lawrence was in a down in life not just in the relationship. He forgot her a bday, huge violation. However, he tried to make up for it. If he checked out he wouldn't had tried to make it right. If he had checked out he would have fukked Tasha a loooonnng time ago. Maybe that was the wake up call he needed.To compare Lawrence forgetting Issa bday to Issa cheating is my point. His fukk up was a conversation fix your shyt type fukk up. Lawrence isn't playing victim he is the victim. He got cheated on for forgetting her bday. That's somehow equal fukkups? She had a right to be upset not go fukk another nikka.

This part bugs me too. Never did Issa tell Lawrence you need to get your shyt together. She vented to her friends instead of talking to her man. That's the selfish shyt. She didn't slip. She actively sought out new dikk. The :cape:for issa.

If the roles were reversed this be a whole different conversation. Just show the inconsistency that women have for a man feelings.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
No one is perfect in relationships ever but if that's the excuse you want to give then every man that I know who has cheated was just in their actions. shyt, she wasn't perfect, she had issues so he deserve to cheat if we are using that logic
First sentence

"No one is condoning Issa cheating breh"

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Talk to em....

And yes nikkas do cape for women that cheat. Women and simps both. shyt is outrageous playa.

:comeon: She was with him for YEARS when he was fukking up. He left as soon as she fukked up. I swear it seems like a lot of ya'll men think "as long as I don't cheat I'm good" as if relationships are just "not cheating." That is probably what Lawrence thought too.

Issa loved him more than he loved her. His pride is hurt that is the only reason he gives a shyt.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Relationship are up and downs. Lawrence was in a down in life not just in the relationship. He forgot her a bday, huge violation. However, he tried to make up for it. If he checked out he wouldn't had tried to make it right. If he had checked out he would have fukked Tasha a loooonnng time ago. Maybe that was the wake up call he needed.To compare Lawrence forgetting Issa bday to Issa cheating is my point. His fukk up was a conversation fix your shyt type fukk up. Lawrence isn't playing victim he is the victim. He got cheated on for forgetting her bday. That's somehow equal fukkups? She had a right to be upset not go fukk another nikka.

This part bugs me too. Never did Issa tell Lawrence you need to get your shyt together. She vented to her friends instead of talking to her man. That's the selfish shyt. She didn't slip. She actively sought out new dikk. The :cape:for issa.

If the roles were reversed this be a whole different conversation. Just show the inconsistency that women have for a man feelings.

I didn't compare them I stated the progression.

They had a 5 year relationship breh. You really think the only thing he ever did wrong was forget her birthday? That event was clearly suppose to represent his overall neglect of the relationship and going to CVS is not making up for shyt. And a conversation is not enough to fix the fact that you would forget something that important.

We just saw the final breaking point of their relationship which didn't come for 5 whole years; 3 of which she was probably unhappy.

I just don't see how you can think years of neglect is worst than cheating. Lawrence is not a victim. He was just self involved and is shell shocked because reality hit him in the face.

Speaking of "role reversal," if a dude is being neglected the first thing I hear is dudes tell the guy to "step out" or get a side chick. I read it on this board daily. And then the men excuse it and expect the woman to forgive because she wasn't "doing her part" so you can miss me with that

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon: She was with him for YEARS when he was fukking up. He left as soon as she fukked up. I swear it seems like a lot of ya'll men think "as long as I don't cheat I'm good" as if relationships are just "not cheating." That is probably what Lawrence thought too.

Issa loved him more than he loved her. His pride is hurt that is the only reason he gives a shyt.

He fukked up by not having a job??...the man is college educated that was unemployed for two years. He was a in a slump. He not allowed to be in a slump???

Where is all this effort Issa was putting in the relationship for you to come to that conclusion? Where was the conversation with Lawrence. Yea she loved him more by fukking another nikka.

Proves my point that women feel like if you not providing the moon and the stars somehow you an unfit mate. When women are done with the relationship, they will perform Simon Miles type mental gymnastics to justify there actions.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
He fukked up by not having a job??...the man is college educated that was unemployed for two years. He was a in a slump. He not allowed to be in a slump???

Where is all this effort Issa was putting in the relationship for you to come to that conclusion? Where was the conversation with Lawrence. Yea she loved him more by fukking another nikka.

Proves my point that women feel like if you not providing the moon and the stars somehow you an unfit mate. When women are done with the relationship, they will perform Simon Miles type mental gymnastics to justify there actions.

I already addressed this in post 2707.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards

The bolded is not true. If anything last season showed it was the other way around.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
Putting up with and supporting someone for years :hula: dumping someone as soon as the relationship doesn't go your way

Apparently love is only between the legs. :francis:

Didn't he go ring shopping for her :jbhmm:
He was supposed to stick around after she cheated multiple times and she couldn't be up front about it.... He had to find out about Daniel through an event. Had breh looking real foolish out in these streets:francis: :picard:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't compare them I stated the progression.

They had a 5 year relationship breh. You really think the only thing he ever did wrong was forget her birthday? That event was clearly suppose to represent his overall neglect of the relationship and going to CVS is not making up for shyt. And a conversation is not enough to fix the fact that you would forget something that important.

We just saw the final breaking point of their relationship which didn't come for 5 whole years; 3 of which she was probably unhappy.

I just don't see how you can think years of neglect is worst than cheating. Lawrence is not a victim. He was just self involved and is shell shocked because reality hit him in the face.

Speaking of "role reversal," if a dude is being neglected the first thing I hear is dudes tell the guy to "step out" or get a side chick. I read it on this board daily. And then the men excuse it and expect the woman to forgive because she wasn't "doin her part" so you can miss me with that

It's a relationship. Of course he did thing's wrong. Issa did as well. Don't know what your point is here. Apparently nothing he did before that garnished a breakup.

I don't see years of neglect bc it's a relationship it's not always fun and games. Where is Issa effort? What did she show to you to make you think that the neglect is one sided? And after that Issa came home to cooked meals. Lawrence went on more interviews and humble himself and got a gig. He showed effort. Where was Issa effort?

You a right about the reversal. Only difference is the man would get crucified for it and a woman get justified for it.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Didn't he go ring shopping for her :jbhmm:
He was supposed to stick around after she cheated multiple times and she couldn't be up front about it.... He had to find out about Daniel through an event. Had breh looking real foolish out in these streets:francis: :picard:

Oh so if she would have got him a ring that would have made it all better. :stopitslime:

I didn't say what he should have done but to act like he is a saint and didn't contribute to the down fall of their relationship is just not being honest. :francis:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
It's a relationship. Of course he did thing's wrong. Issa did as well. Don't know what your point is here. Apparently nothing he did before that garnished a breakup.

I don't see years of neglect bc it's a relationship it's not always fun and games. Where is Issa effort? What did she show to you to make you think that the neglect is one sided? And after that Issa came home to cooked meals. Lawrence went on more interviews and humble himself and got a gig. He showed effort. Where was Issa effort?

You a right about the reversal. Only difference is the man would get crucified for it and a woman get justified for it.

How would a man get crucified when he is encourage to do it?

Anyway, I base my conclusions on the fact that Lawrence never expressed any displeasure about their relationship. He was quite content. In fact, he was completely blindsided by the fact that she was unhappy. Dude literally did not give a shyt until it came to her cheating. :mjlol: So what additional effort was needed besides tolerating being neglected for years? I guess that's not effort huh? You really think they never had a conversation about her unhappiness as much as that woman talk? Come on how. It is clearly stated multiple times that the relationship has been lopsided for a while.