Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That is a hard line to push there. In reality I can't see it happening after this past episode with Lawrence finding out the truth. Daniel is just out here having fun so as long as he doesnt get caught up, but we know damn well he will. I swear Lawrences cousin is the one who should have his hive, not these other two dudes.
i mean, you can see from daniel's reaction to Issa dropping the "this just casual right", he had a whole different game in mind. Issa needs to let him go before she eternally burns that friendship.

as for her still sleeping with daniel, a lot of people who cheat stay with the person they cheated with 1) they feel the need to validate that it was worth it 2) that's all they have left after their s/o leaves them 3) might as well since your relationship fell apart in the first place. it's clear both are out of their element, issa responding to the hurt at seeing lawrence move on with her "ho phase" and lawrence realizing he's not built for the random thotting. the only hangup i see is that while lawrence has "fixed" (or is closer to fixing) the issue(s) that annoyed Issa, she's still nowhere close to becoming less selfish

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
i mean, you can see from daniel's reaction to Issa dropping the "this just casual right", he had a whole different game in mind. Issa needs to let him go before she eternally burns that friendship.

as for her still sleeping with daniel, a lot of people who cheat stay with the person they cheated with 1) they feel the need to validate that it was worth it 2) that's all they have left after their s/o leaves them 3) might as well since your relationship fell apart in the first place. it's clear both are out of their element, issa responding to the hurt at seeing lawrence move on with her "ho phase" and lawrence realizing he's not built for the random thotting. the only hangup i see is that while lawrence has "fixed" (or is closer to fixing) the issue(s) that annoyed Issa, she's still nowhere close to becoming less selfish
All true. That social media stalking was just him confronting his truth so he can make his decision whereas Issa has shown us time and time again that she is incapable of accepting hers.

LuvKaya

Pro
Daps
Yeah I don't like how Issa treats Daniel.

When he came to pick her up, proving that he has her back. When he hugged her to comfort her, proving he still care for her.

And she is like, nah. I appreciate the honesty but she needs to leave him alone.

BTW, that was my favorite scene of all 2 seasons, it was so endearing, until Issa fukked it up.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really hope Lawrence and Issa don't get back together. Their relationship ran it's course. It'd be far more interesting to see them branch out and go in their own directions(maybe becoming friends down the road, who knows?)
I don't know they continue the show long term if they both completely move on from one another. They'll work it out.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Good soundtrack to this show too, they pick the best songs for the show.
I still ain't figured out why people say she's a good catch. She's shown herself to be selfish, dead end job, average looks wise with not much body, and hasn't shown anything personality wise to really make her stand out.

You bugging, she's very funny if you ask me and intelligent too with the work she does. I mean so intelligent she wings it and still comes through. Also sure she is doing a wack dead end job but she has been taking care of Lawrence while he just slept in her apartment for years like some bum. I mean cmon fam, you must be objective. She carried all the financial responsibility and held the nikka down. That to me is a rider and a good catch, especially today when most women don't play that and want a nikka with dough.

Also fam don't sleep on her body, she got some boobage and I seen her cake in episode 1 of season 2 where she practiced how she was gonna get back with Lawrence. My only worry is if she is neurotic cause she talks to herself a lot and I'm sure we all do it but not like her :russ:

The only thing she did wrong was cheat imo.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

So you'd be cool with your woman texting another nikka, telling him she misses him? Stalking the dude on FB? :jbhmm:

I'm not gonna get into Issa's physical features because that's subjective but she's shown herself to be very passive-aggressive, indecisive, low motivation, unable to face problems head on. Her and Lawrence would never work out, they're way too much alike

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
hmm, outside of the cliche, i'm rooting for Lawrence and her to get back together, i think they have a case for doing it. daniel tho, he needs to cut her off. i know she curved him in season 1 cuz that's what she thought she had to do to keep lawrence, but she played him hard again. she needs to leave him alone while she's "doing her", he's too invested and too much history for her to be just trying to put him on the roster, you can't fukk with people's feelings like that.
I was all for them getting back together until Issa fukked Daniel. That's the one dude who should have been excluded from her hoe-scapades.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I think that definitely works both ways. I've had many women I've dated where there just was no spark or something off that kept me from being with them. I'd look back wondering what's wrong with me and how said women were perfect on paper. Start kicking it with them again and realized I was right the first time. That's why I don't knock women that pass up "good men" because it takes more than that for a relationship to work.

I totally agree. I mentioned,earlier in this thread, that I hope Molly uses this experience to look inward & see that she comes across as "good on paper" as well.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
You bugging, she's very funny if you ask me and intelligent too with the work she does. I mean so intelligent she wings it and still comes through. Also sure she is doing a wack dead end job but she has been taking care of Lawrence while he just slept in her apartment for years like some bum. I mean cmon fam, you must be objective. She carried all the financial responsibility and held the nikka down. That to me is a rider and a good catch, especially today when most women don't play that and want a nikka with dough.

Also fam don't sleep on her body, she got some boobage and I seen her cake in episode 1 of season 2 where she practiced how she was gonna get back with Lawrence. My only worry is if she is neurotic cause she talks to herself a lot and I'm sure we all do it but not like her :russ:

As far her being funny she's that short term funny to me. Somebody that'd be cool to kick it with for a few laughs and everything but after a few hours she'd get on my damn nerves.

I'm still confused on if she held me down or was he kicking it with his savings and holding his end down. What's intelligent about the work she does? Hell they show some of her coworkers being completely spaced out and dumb as hell. Plus she seems to lack ambition. You look at her sticking with him while he wasn't doing shyt as holding it down I look at it has her being someone willing to accept mediocrity.

Going back to me personally and I've never respected a woman that just put up with any kind of behavior. If a woman lets me take her for granted and doesn't demand the best for herself I realized that ain't the woman for me. I want a woman that expects the best for herself as well as me. I prefer someone that will push me to be better. I'll be damned if I'm going to put up with a bum chick just cause I like her.

Last edited:

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
So you'd be cool with your woman texting another nikka, telling him she misses him? Stalking the dude on FB? :jbhmm:

I'm not gonna get into Issa's physical features because that's subjective but she's shown herself to be very passive-aggressive, indecisive, low motivation, unable to face problems head on. Her and Lawrence would never work out, they're way too much alike
Well she was gonna move on and leave Lawrence when she did all that and Lawrence didnt know she did all that. All he knows is she cheated but at the end of the day I wouldn't take her back cause I know when a women cheats she either is a whore or she wasnt being fully fulfilled in the relationship and the nikka she cheated on you with could come back and fukk her anytime 9 times out of 10 and 6 times out of 10 he does.With that said, no I would never take a women back who cheated cause thats an indication of her not being fully invested into the relationship.

As for Issa being indecisvie many women are, as for her being lowly motivated thats not reason enough to throw away the relationship, however her passive aggresive demeanor and her letting her fears consume her instead of dealing with things are negative attributes. I don't like those traits but at the same time she has to have some negative traits and those are things they can work on.

On another note, I do feel the other girl he is with Tasha is better for him cause she is lower them him in a sense as far as career, she is supportive, she appreciates him more due to him being educated and looks at him as a win to the point she gonna go all out in the relationship. He could be there for her as a guide to help usher her out of her ratchetdom and hood rat deamenor into being part of the black middle class climbing the corporate ladder.

Last edited:

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I'm still confused on if she held me down or was he kicking it with his savings and holding his end down. What's intelligent about the work she does? Hell they show some of her coworkers being completely spaced out and dumb as hell. Plus she seems to lack ambition. You look at her sticking with him while he wasn't doing shyt as holding it down I look at it has her being someone willing to accept mediocrity.
Kicking it with his savings? where did you get that ideal from? Im on season 2 episode 2 so maybe you know something I do not. At the end of the day she was working and he was living in her appartment no matter how you slice it. A grown ass man living off a women is not a good look and she took on that burden while he sat around like a loser not talking or doing anything for the relationship. Womem want stability and want to feel the relationship is moving towards something and is exciting.

Also yeah she is inteligent, her coworkers are stupid cacs and a silly indian wannabe cac and she outshines them easily. Look at her at the donation dinner being social and bringing in donors. You got to respect that kind of thing if you ask me and it shows intelligence and charisma. She comes up with good ideals too though its by luck and she shows herself being somewhat smart even when she advises Molly.

Your last sentence is a is the glass half empty or half full analogy kind of thing. I mean the 180 of the situation is that she is holding him down, sticking with him through thick and thin and he was thin for years so it doesn't get anymore loyal then that, well at least up until she cheated. The other 180 is that she is very much accepting or mediocrity but she did that out of love and she did that though it was eating her up inside cause she saw how her friend was lonely and miserable and how people telling her how lucky she is to have him. She didnt want to give up what she had with him which in a way is no good but in relationships you have to deal with the positive and negatives of the person.

Going back to me personally and I've never respected a woman that just put up with any kind of behavior. If a woman lets me take her for granted and doesn't demand the best for herself I realized that ain't the woman for me. I want a woman that expects the best for herself as well as me. I prefer someone that will push me to be better. I'll be damned if I'm going to put up with a bum chick just cause I like her.

Damn, easy bruh. A bum? :russ: nah Issa is not a bum but I agree. As a man you need a women who will motivate you to do better. At the same time she did give him time to work on his business plan and was supportive. If she just dropped him cause he wasnt doing no work then we would fire on her for not being supportive to him.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Kicking it with his savings? where did you get that ideal from? Im on season 2 episode 2 so maybe you know something I do not. At the end of the day she was working and he was living in her appartment no matter how you slice it. A grown ass man living off a women is not a good look and she took on that burden while he sat around like a loser not talking or doing anything for the relationship. Womem want stability and want to feel the relationship is moving towards something and is exciting.

Also yeah she is inteligent, her coworkers are stupid cacs and a silly indian wannabe cac and she outshines them easily. Look at her at the donation dinner being social and bringing in donors. You got to respect that kind of thing if you ask me and it shows intelligence and charisma. She comes up with good ideals too though its by luck and she shows herself being somewhat smart even when she advises Molly.

Your last sentence is a is the glass half empty or half full analogy kind of thing. I mean the 180 of the situation is that she is holding him down, sticking with him through thick and thin and he was thin for years so it doesn't get anymore loyal then that, well at least up until she cheated. The other 180 is that she is very much accepting or mediocrity but she did that out of love and she did that though it was eating her up inside cause she saw how her friend was lonely and miserable and how people telling her how lucky she is to have him. She didnt want to give up what she had with him which in a way is no good but in relationships you have to deal with the positive and negatives of the person.

Damn, easy bruh. A bum? :russ: nah Issa is not a bum but I agree. As a man you need a women who will motivate you to do better. At the same time she did give him time to work on his business plan and was supportive. If she just dropped him cause he wasnt doing no work then we would fire on her for not being supportive to him.
Nah I wasn't calling Issa a bum. I was saying if the situation was reversed and I had a woman living with me for two years that ain't trying to find work I'd have gave her the boot a long time ago. Hell I was dating one woman whose family was loaded. Million dollar house, house in the Bahamas they spend like a week at a month, live in butler. So their daughter was lazy as hell. Hadn't worked in about a year. Slept until noon or 1 every day. I had to drop her cause she was making me lazy and bringing me down with her laziness.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Nah I wasn't calling Issa a bum. I was saying if the situation was reversed and I had a woman living with me for two years that ain't trying to find work I'd have gave her the boot a long time ago. Hell I was dating one woman whose family was loaded. Million dollar house, house in the Bahamas they spend like a week at a month, live in butler. So their daughter was lazy as hell. Hadn't worked in about a year. Slept until noon or 1 every day. I had to drop her cause she was making me lazy and bringing me down with her laziness.
Oh I see, yeah man I agree with you fully. Lazyness is a deal breaker though things are a bit different cause what if when he was able to get his business plan together and launch his business it became a success? I guess she should have gave him a year or so and after that then put the pressure on him to find work and do the business on the side. I mean he is educated so he should be out doing something and pulling his weight in the relationship financially.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Regarding Lawrence...Issa's was in a dead end job, only to come home to a dead end relationship and have to spend her last bit of drained energy pumping up Lawrence'a ego so he can stop the self pity & finally act like a man. Mind you, she was doing this for years for a man that she was not married to. This is the definition of draining.

Lawrence didn't really get on his job hunt grind until the very end of the relationship. He was not leading his life or the trajectory of the relationship. He wasn't even attentive to their relationship b/c if he was, he would've noticed how unhappy Issa was. He allowed things to happen to him and just reacted from there. Passivity, at least for me, is not a masculine trait. Lawrence was not a leader, provider or a confidant. He needs to work on himself & so does Issa. He was too late and sometimes, that's just the way that the cookie crumbles.
Perfect analyst of Lawerence and Issa relationship.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I wouldn't say Issa's in a dead end job, I agree she's clearly not well compensated, but few in that field are.....it's social work, it's going to feel like that, but if she didn't find meaning in it, she wouldn't do it, I assume she has a similar educational background to Molly.

I also think Daniel's not as torn up what she said, he just has feelings for Issa, and dislikes seeing her out there crazy. His reaction wasn't all that forced, he was just confused why she just blurted it out. He seemed like to feel the same way, for most part.