Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Lmao homie from Icarly in this show and Lil Rey from the carmichael show :russ:

Also they really keeping this Regina King tv show going

Cant believe Lawrence played Tasha at the family reunion for the all right mexican shorty :hhh:you fukk upward, don't fukk downward. You going from a 10 to a 8.5.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yeah I don't like how Issa treats Daniel.

When he came to pick her up, proving that he has her back. When he hugged her to comfort her, proving he still care for her.

And she is like, nah. I appreciate the honesty but she needs to leave him alone.

BTW, that was my favorite scene of all 2 seasons, it was so endearing, until Issa fukked it up.
Issa is selfish as fukk. She should've left dude alone if she knew she was gonna do that. She don't got no respect for him and he's known her since they was kids. U can tell he really cares about her.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Cant believe Issa was trying to be a hoe :hhh:I blame that Molly and her bad influence.

Luckily Issa is no good at it :mjlol:

I also like how they use song lyrics in the dialogue like homie saying "no matter what I did. my waves wouldnt dip back then" and the white girl using lyrics from Novacane when Lawrence was fukking her in that threesome.

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kicking it with his savings? where did you get that ideal from? Im on season 2 episode 2 so maybe you know something I do not.
Eh, in season 1 during a scene at the bank when Tasha was giving Lawrence reasons to keep his head up, she mentioned he had a bunch of money in savings.

Was there something suggesting Lawrence wasn't helping out financially?

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Issa wrong for not reporting the teacher treating the spanish kids unfair tbh but I would do the same too. I'm not a snitch lol.

Lawrence is also a buster for stalking on social media. Just move on homie that social media stuff is just gonna fukk with your head.

As for Molly in that last episode she is mad imamture acting out just cause she found out her father cheated some years ago. Fairy tales are for children, grow up Molly :hhh:Grow up son.

Issa is selfish as fukk. She should've left dude alone if she knew she was gonna do that. She don't got no respect for him and he's known her since they was kids. U can tell he really cares about her.
She is, I thought otherwise before but especially after her and Lawrence broke up I can see that she is. She only cares about her happyness and is not considerate of others.
I wouldn't say Issa's in a dead end job, I agree she's clearly not well compensated, but few in that field are.....it's social work, it's going to feel like that, but if she didn't find meaning in it, she wouldn't do it, I assume she has a similar educational background to Molly.

I also think Daniel's not as torn up what she said, he just has feelings for Issa, and dislikes seeing her out there crazy. His reaction wasn't all that forced, he was just confused why she just blurted it out. He seemed like to feel the same way, for most part.

True, good point though in the beginning at episode one she seemed to hate her job and her having to deal with white folks who deal with black youth but dont understand black culture. She had to be there blackspert and hated it. They also were racist towards her holding white meetings and sending white emails :russ:

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Eh, in season 1 during a scene at the bank when Tasha was giving Lawrence reasons to keep his head up, she mentioned he had a bunch of money in savings.

Was there something suggesting Lawrence wasn't helping out financially?
Yep in season 2 episode Five, Lawrence is talking to a friend and the friend is bringing up how he could see how Issa would want to move on with someone out there doing things. The friend says Lawrence was just living off her for two years and how she was taking care of him.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
As far her being funny she's that short term funny to me. Somebody that'd be cool to kick it with for a few laughs and everything but after a few hours she'd get on my damn nerves.

I'm still confused on if she held me down or was he kicking it with his savings and holding his end down. What's intelligent about the work she does? Hell they show some of her coworkers being completely spaced out and dumb as hell. Plus she seems to lack ambition. You look at her sticking with him while he wasn't doing shyt as holding it down I look at it has her being someone willing to accept mediocrity.

Going back to me personally and I've never respected a woman that just put up with any kind of behavior. If a woman lets me take her for granted and doesn't demand the best for herself I realized that ain't the woman for me. I want a woman that expects the best for herself as well as me. I prefer someone that will push me to be better. I'll be damned if I'm going to put up with a bum chick just cause I like her.

The show has made mention that he was using his savings to pay his half. He was also getting unemployment checks.

That doesn't take away from him basically slumming it on the couch for two years. Even if he was working on the app and the business plan for it he should've treated it like a job. Got up and left in the morning, maybe do his work/research at the Library or coffee shop. Been out setting up pitch meetings and getting his LLC in order. ANYTHING but living on that goddamn couch.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Love reading these comments...they truly show that men can not slip for a moment. Lawrence and Issa was together for five years... 3 of them years.
Lawrence apparently was doing well. Losses his job and is a slump for 2. He got money and had unemployment coming in. Had a business idea with an app...that apparently better than the one he is working on at this job....and people calling a bum. This gives Issa the green light to cheat??shyt is :mindblown:

How can you be a bum when you got money. As a man you can't be down from where you use to be. If you do you a bum. Can't go from make 100k to 50k you a bum. Even tho Lawrence IT unemployment checks were probably just as big as Issa non profit social worker checks.

My homie used to say all the time women don't really love. They only love what you can provide. These comments are proving it. This show is proving it. I love the show personally. Think it's the closes thing to black people as I going to see on TV. I relate to everyone on this show. Know someone just like every character on the show.

When Tiff husband was telling Lawrence that he had a hand in allowing Issa to cheat I literally had the :dahell: face. We just cape for women cheating for some reason. shyt is perplexing

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Love reading these comments...they truly show that men can not slip for a moment. Lawrence and Issa was together for five years... 3 of them years.
Lawrence apparently was doing well. Losses his job and is a slump for 2. He got money and had unemployment coming in. Had a business idea with an app...that apparently better than the one he is working on at this job....and people calling a bum. This gives Issa the green light to cheat??shyt is :mindblown:

How can you be a bum when you got money. As a man you can't be down from where you use to be. If you do you a bum. Can't go from make 100k to 50k you a bum. Even tho Lawrence IT unemployment checks were probably just as big as Issa non profit social worker checks.

My homie used to say all the time women don't really love. They only love what you can provide. These comments are proving it. This show is proving it. I love the show personally. Think it's the closes thing to black people as I going to see on TV. I relate to everyone on this show. Know someone just like every character on the show.

When Tiff husband was telling Lawrence that he had a hand in allowing Issa to cheat I literally had the :dahell: face. We just cape for women cheating for some reason. shyt is perplexing
No one is condoning Issa cheating breh. The nikka was slipping in more ways then one which you seem to completely glance over. How are in a relationship with someone for 5 years and forget their birthday? Lawerence had completely checked out of their relationship and didn't tighten up until the very last minute.
The clearly was taking Issa for granted.

He fukked up and then she fukked up. Lawerence is playing the victim like he was perfect and you are right there with him. He neglected his relationship for at least a year and his girl strayed. It's how it goes sometimes.

To fault women because we don't wanna hang around and be neglected is unfair. The idea that a woman needs to hang around for the bull shyt or she "doesn't know how to love" is completely off base. She stayed with his ass for years while he was slipping. She slipped once and he end it. Seems like the selfish unloving person in this scenario (if you wanna take it there) would be him more so than her.

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

You know what, you are right. He was trying to start a business but being Black, he couldn't get the funding. This is what Yvette was talking about

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
No one is condoning Issa cheating breh. The nikka was slipping in more ways then one which you seem to completely glance over. How are in a relationship with someone for 5 years and forget their birthday? Lawerence had completely checked out of their relationship and didn't tighten up until the very last minute.
The clearly was taking Issa for granted.

He fukked up and then she fukked up. Lawerence is playing the victim like he was perfect and you are right there with him. He neglected his relationship for at least a year and his girl strayed. It's how it goes sometimes.

To fault women because we don't wanna hang around and be neglected is unfair. The idea that a woman needs to hang around for the bull shyt or she "doesn't know how to love" is completely off base. She stayed with his ass for years while he was slipping. She slipped once and he end it. Seems like the selfish unloving person in this scenario (if you wanna take it there) would be him more so than her.
No one is perfect in relationships ever but if that's the excuse you want to give then every man that I know who has cheated was just in their actions. shyt, she wasn't perfect, she had issues so he deserve to cheat if we are using that logic