Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Shout out @Milk N Cookies . I thought it was going to be a show for women but its actually pretty damn good. I been binge watchig it since yesterday and am on season 2 episode 2 as I type this.

With that said I know im in the minority and I doubt this happens but Lawrence should stick with Tasha. I mean damn she bad and to top it off Issa cheated, I mean on one hand she is a good catch and a good woman. She is also a rider who was there with him when he needed time with his business plan but she cheated dawg. Not sure he should give her a second chance but in the episode I'm watching he just admitted to Tasha he cheated so the inevitable will happen but if I was Lawrence im staying with Tasha the dime :sas2:

I still ain't figured out why people say she's a good catch. She's shown herself to be selfish, dead end job, average looks wise with not much body, and hasn't shown anything personality wise to really make her stand out.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
If I was lawrence I couldn't take her back....

You fukking with the same nikka you cheated on me with....nah

I likely wouldn't take your ass back for cheating in the first place, but you killed the absolute smallest chance of me even thinking about getting back together doing that shyt.
Yep, cause now dude is gonna be all in his own head thinking they been fukking and all types of other shyt. :mjcry:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Molly fukking and catching feelings, when I honestly feel that for the dude it was more about lust than having feelings for her. I think he cares for her since they got history, but she gonna get the wake up call he chose his wife for a reason though. Probably gonna realize she takes priority and shyt in public.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Everybody has flaws but these women are just wack. I think there's room to show flawed characters who are ultimately still likeable. These chics aren't even likeable to me.

How did dude emotionally drain her? She cheated, he found out and left. If anything she's setting herself up for more emotional damage by purposely setting out to be on some hoe shyt. In real life the kind of shyt she's doing leads to more drama not less.

The dude would be good for her if she was emotionally stable and capable of having a functional relationship. She isn't feeling dude because she doesn't have her shyt together like he does. He's being portrayed as a good brother who is looking for a good woman to settle down with and she knows that's not who she even wants to be. The best friend is being portrayed as a damaged dysfunctional broad but the confusing part is that you don't really see why. She seems to be successful in her career and to come from a good stable family, but is still broken for whatever reason.

Regarding Lawrence...Issa's was in a dead end job, only to come home to a dead end relationship and have to spend her last bit of drained energy pumping up Lawrence'a ego so he can stop the self pity & finally act like a man. Mind you, she was doing this for years for a man that she was not married to. This is the definition of draining.

Lawrence didn't really get on his job hunt grind until the very end of the relationship. He was not leading his life or the trajectory of the relationship. He wasn't even attentive to their relationship b/c if he was, he would've noticed how unhappy Issa was. He allowed things to happen to him and just reacted from there. Passivity, at least for me, is not a masculine trait. Lawrence was not a leader, provider or a confidant. He needs to work on himself & so does Issa. He was too late and sometimes, that's just the way that the cookie crumbles.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Regarding Lawrence...Issa's was in a dead end job, only to come home to a dead end relationship and have to spend her last bit of drained energy pumping up Lawrence'a ego so he can stop the self pity & finally act like a man. Mind you, she was doing this for years for a man that she was not married to. This is the definition of draining.

Lawrence didn't really get on his job hunt grind until the very end of the relationship. He was not leading his life or the trajectory of the relationship. He wasn't even attentive to their relationship b/c if he was, he would've noticed how unhappy Issa was. He allowed things to happen to him and just reacted from there. Passivity, at least for me, is not a masculine trait. Lawrence was not a leader, provider or a confidant. He needs to work on himself & so does Issa. He was too late and sometimes, that's just the way that the cookie crumbles.

I really hope Lawrence and Issa don't get back together. Their relationship ran it's course. It'd be far more interesting to see them branch out and go in their own directions(maybe becoming friends down the road, who knows?)

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
@Gravity - I know a few of men that are "good on paper." One guy in particular is a pretentious know-it-all whose opinion mimics whatever liberal jargon is popular at the time. His fakeness is nauseating.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I really hope Lawrence and Issa don't get back together. Their relationship ran it's course. It'd be far more interesting to see them branch out and go in their own directions(maybe becoming friends down the road, who knows?)
I dont see how they can get back together and that being good for either of them long term.
But I guess anything can happen.
fukk around by the end of the season Lawrence discovers hes been a gay white man all along.
:pachaha:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
@Gravity - I know a few of men that are "good on paper." One guy in particular is a pretentious know-it-all whose opinion mimics whatever liberal jargon is popular at the time. His fakeness is nauseating.
I think that definitely works both ways. I've had many women I've dated where there just was no spark or something off that kept me from being with them. I'd look back wondering what's wrong with me and how said women were perfect on paper. Start kicking it with them again and realized I was right the first time. That's why I don't knock women that pass up "good men" because it takes more than that for a relationship to work.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Another series record in ratings with 1.32 million viewers:jawalrus:

Already more than Girls ever had for an episode in six seasons:mjpls:.....You hear that HBO:ufdup:

Hoping for that 1.5 by the time we get the finale
damn, the way they hyped girls and lena dunham had me thinking that show was major.

:ahh: black girl magic out here

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn

Intellectual cuckholds are what I refer to them as. Dudes who are so far up their on their pretentious high horses rambling away at why they should be chosen as if intellect is why they should be chosen.
I think that definitely works both ways. I've had many women I've dated where there just was no spark or something off that kept me from being with them. I'd look back wondering what's wrong with me and how said women were perfect on paper. Start kicking it with them again and realized I was right the first time. That's why I don't knock women that pass up "good men" because it takes more than that for a relationship to work.

Facts. Ive met many of accomplished women and did not waste their time to even call them because the attraction simply was not there.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
-I knew Molly was gonna give Dro the ass. It sucks she had to find out about her parents like that though. I know a few people who have strived to model their parents marriages and find out it wasn't as rosy as they thought.

-Issa needs to chill on the hoeing already. Both Daniel and Lawrence would be dumb to fukk with her at this point.
hmm, outside of the cliche, i'm rooting for Lawrence and her to get back together, i think they have a case for doing it. daniel tho, he needs to cut her off. i know she curved him in season 1 cuz that's what she thought she had to do to keep lawrence, but she played him hard again. she needs to leave him alone while she's "doing her", he's too invested and too much history for her to be just trying to put him on the roster, you can't fukk with people's feelings like that.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
hmm, outside of the cliche, i'm rooting for Lawrence and her to get back together, i think they have a case for doing it. daniel tho, he needs to cut her off. i know she curved him in season 1 cuz that's what she thought she had to do to keep lawrence, but she played him hard again. she needs to leave him alone while she's "doing her", he's too invested and too much history for her to be just trying to put him on the roster, you can't fukk with people's feelings like that.
That is a hard line to push there. In reality I can't see it happening after this past episode with Lawrence finding out the truth. Daniel is just out here having fun so as long as he doesnt get caught up, but we know damn well he will. I swear Lawrences cousin is the one who should have his hive, not these other two dudes.

Gravity

Banned
Daps

Now your female bias is coming thru loud and clear. It was a dead end relationship because she ain't shyt. She isn't a wifey type. She's selfish, insecure(literally), and untrustworthy. The reality is that the male lead character could do a lot better than her judging by how they're written. She would've cheated regardless because that's in her character. Like she told the guy she cheated with, he was just an itch that she wanted to scratch. The main male going thru a phase where he had to find himself is no excuse for her. She even did the cat she initially cheated with dirty:heh:
She just ain't shyt.
This is besides the point because all we know about the guy is that he seems like a good brother with his shyt together. The show hasn't shown him to be flawed in ways that would make a normal woman disregard the obvious. The molly chic is not feeling him because there's something wrong with her. She's the one being portrayed as flawed. She hasn't even been open to giving the guy an honest chance.