Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What happened with Lawrence in this episode is the reason why sometimes you have to delete/block/unfollow mutual friends on social media. He wouldn't have spent the episode social media stalking Issa if he hadn't been on Kelli's page and saw the pic of her with Daniel.

It reminded me of how I feel like I made the right choice last year in a similar situation. When it became clear a relationship with the girl I was seeing last year wasn't going to happen (it was complicated between us and let's just say I'll never believe anyone who claims only men avoid relationships), I deleted her and her friend from Snapchat. I make it a point to not social media stalk exes/anyone who I'm no longer involved with, but all it takes is the wrong pic that someone else posted with them in it, or the wrong comment, to come across your news feed to ruin any progress you made :mjcry:

I can't really related to how that kind of revelation about Molly's parents feels like, but I can see how that hit close to home for some people. It's kind of similar to how some people feel when they find out anyone they idolized or looked up to in some way did some dirt. It's the kind of thing that'll cause you to reevaluate everything you thought you knew about someone and/or something, in this case relationships.Messed up as it is, I think she'll be better for it in the end because it shows that the "perfect" relationship doesn't exist, nor should that be the goal. Even your parents are human at the end of the day, and to be human is to be beautifully flawed.

I'm really interested in seeing how she copes with it, especially when just a few episodes ago, she was telling Lawrence that Issa "cheated, but isn't a cheater."

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
If I was lawrence I couldn't take her back....

You fukking with the same nikka you cheated on me with....nah

I likely wouldn't take your ass back for cheating in the first place, but you killed the absolute smallest chance of me even thinking about getting back together doing that shyt.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Best discussion thread for a show on here. Like reading the responses from the ladies. Issa playing Daniel pretty bad. Maybe the tables will turn and she might catch feelings. Can't believe Molly fell in that trap. Lawerence taking the most Ls shyt only going to get worse from here on out.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
-I knew Molly was gonna give Dro the ass. It sucks she had to find out about her parents like that though. I know a few people who have strived to model their parents marriages and find out it wasn't as rosy as they thought.

-Issa needs to chill on the hoeing already. Both Daniel and Lawrence would be dumb to fukk with her at this point.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Why Issa playing Daniel so hard? There's no reason for this.
There's no reason for the 2 leading female characters to be written as wack as they are. Both of the chics are just wack as fukk and for unexplained reasons.
-I knew Molly was gonna give Dro the ass. It sucks she had to find out about her parents like that though. I know a few people who have strived to model their parents marriages and find out it wasn't as rosy as they thought.
Nah she's just wack and full of shyt. She hasn't been looking for a cat like her dad or the man as saw him as for any part of the show. The brother she went to her family function with was a "good guy" if she wasn't feeling him. She's a damaged chic who needs dysfunction. Sleeping with her friends husband like that is real low and it's just stupid. I don't get the writing on these black shows sometimes.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
There's no reason for the 2 leading female characters to be written as wack as they are. Both of the chics are just wack as fukk and for unexplained reasons.

Nah she's just wack and full of shyt. She hasn't been looking for a cat like her dad or the man as saw him as for any part of the show. The brother she went to her family function with was a "good guy" if she wasn't feeling him. She's a damaged chic who needs dysfunction. Sleeping with her friends husband like that is real low and it's just stupid. I don't get the writing on these black shows sometimes.

I think all parties being flawed is the premise of the show.

Issa's storyline is showing how a dude can just have the wrong time. While I don't agree with the hoetation, I overstand how Issa has been emotionally drained by Lawrence & is in no rush to sign up for that bullshyt again. That being said, Daniel is being stupid too b/c he did go at Issa knowing she was in a relationship.

Molly's new guy illustrates the dude that's great on paper, but not necessarily a good pick for her. I think this is a great opportunity for Molly to look inwards & perhaps realize that this is how guys view her (i.e. great on paper).

And yes, both Molly & Issa are making terrible decisions.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Lol at Issa getting semi-curved by the "Most Interesting Man" wannabe :dead:
If they wanted you before then, they definitely want you afterwards. Like any great performer, leave them wanting more. Women love a guy with a bit of mystery and/or act like they're not eager to have sex when the woman herself wants it. Rules to this shyt

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I think all parties being flawed is the premise of the show.
Everybody has flaws but these women are just wack. I think there's room to show flawed characters who are ultimately still likeable. These chics aren't even likeable to me.

Issa's storyline is showing how a dude can just have the wrong time. While I don't agree with the hoetation, I overstand how Issa has been emotionally drained by Lawrence & is in no rush to sign up for that bullshyt again. That being said, Daniel is being stupid too b/c he did go at Issa knowing she was in a relationship.
How did dude emotionally drain her? She cheated, he found out and left. If anything she's setting herself up for more emotional damage by purposely setting out to be on some hoe shyt. In real life the kind of shyt she's doing leads to more drama not less.

Molly's new guy illustrates the dude that's great on paper, but not necessarily a good pick for her. I think this is a great opportunity for Molly to look inwards & perhaps realize that this is how guys view her (i.e. great on paper).

And yes, both Molly & Issa are making terrible decisions.
The dude would be good for her if she was emotionally stable and capable of having a functional relationship. She isn't feeling dude because she doesn't have her shyt together like he does. He's being portrayed as a good brother who is looking for a good woman to settle down with and she knows that's not who she even wants to be. The best friend is being portrayed as a damaged dysfunctional broad but the confusing part is that you don't really see why. She seems to be successful in her career and to come from a good stable family, but is still broken for whatever reason.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
This is one of the best discussions about a television show that I have ever read on this site. I really enjoy reading everyones POV. With that said, what is up with the fashion on the show? :dame:

Im from the big city so I don't really know that much about LA fashion besides what I have seen in the tourist traps and hood spots but man, they dress Issa and Co kind of crazy. Do the brehs in LA really dress like Dro and Lawrence? (Sleeves too short on a short sleeve shirt?) I'm not knocking LA fashion but I refuse to believe that is how the brehs and brehettes dress out there.:hubie:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

The whole "parents infidelity" issue was just a plot device to give her an excuse to give that beige nikka some ass. Very lazy and transparent writing.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Shout out @Milk N Cookies . I thought it was going to be a show for women but its actually pretty damn good. I been binge watchig it since yesterday and am on season 2 episode 2 as I type this.

With that said I know im in the minority and I doubt this happens but Lawrence should stick with Tasha. I mean damn she bad and to top it off Issa cheated, I mean on one hand she is a good catch and a good woman. She is also a rider who was there with him when he needed time with his business plan but she cheated dawg. Not sure he should give her a second chance but in the episode I'm watching he just admitted to Tasha he cheated so the inevitable will happen but if I was Lawrence im staying with Tasha the dime :sas2: