Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Coo ep... Issa doing her thing like she said but keeping her distance just in case she get that ol thang back...

Messy Molly at it again... fukking with her married boy when she know ain't no good gonna come from it..... Trying to blame her pops past mistake for her relationship woes.... . :francis:

Lawrence doing the typical FB/IG/TWITTER stalker routine on Issa now that Daniel is back in the scene... :francis:

Derek pulling that hoe ass nikka card by rationalization Issa's cheating... :hhh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Damn u seem real mad for no reason. Are u a female?
Say breh, how old are you? If you are talking like this to adults and over the age of 25, I hope you don't reproduce. If you think anything in my posts were angry then your may have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I call dudes who do that shyt hoes too. I'm using my own personal standard. I've talked to multiple women at the same time but before I start actually fukking a new one I cut off the previous. And I ain't the type to judge a woman who's a hoe or went through that phase for a while. I one of the men that understand sometimes people go through shyt and have to work there way through it as they seem fit. As long as that behavior wasn't sustained for years I would have no problem wifing up woman that's done that for a little while. But outside looking in I'm just calling it like I see it. It's hoe behavior, male or female.
At least you're applying it to both sides.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
This season has been pretty weak compared to next season so far.
I think the writing has been a step above last season actually.. Sharper and a little less derivative. Lowkey, I'm really liking Issa's work situation more than last season, esp with the mirror being turned on her.

But I am curious about how the season will wrap itself up. I'm hoping it won't end the way it appears to be headed. Hoping they have an ace up their sleeve again. Last seasons final few episodes were fire so I can be swayed either way depending on how this one ends.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Say breh, how old are you? If you are talking like this to adults and over the age of 25, I hope you don't reproduce. If you think anything in my posts were angry then your may have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old.
no nikka. I'm actually married with kids and 30+ and damn successful if I must say so myself. See the reason I speak on certain shyt. Is cause of life experience. Wisdom. And being around different people and going thru different things as a black man. I know how hard it is and can be for a black man in this economy tryna get on his feet and achieve his goals for a long term career. Especially if he's tryna create and won't settle for less. I just don't like the idea of callin an educated brotha who tryna get his shyt together a bum. Maybe u lack the life experience. Maybe u dont. Who knows? I asked if u was mad cause u honestly comin off kinda hostile for no reason. I mean hey. Maybe not. Considering it's only text. And it's hard to gauge emotions from texts. Which is why I asked a question. All it needed was an answer. Either way have a good night.

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Molly overreacting like a motherfukker. She is WAY too old to be having this type of reaction.

Worst part of the episode imo. Like I get that Molly is an idealist. She wants the perfect relationship. She wants the perfect job. etc. I know a bunch of girls like her. But to throw a tantrum like she was 12 years old at her parent's ceremony doesn't seem realistic for the character. THAT WAS SOME OF THE MOST IMMATURE shyt I'VE SEEN IN AWHILE. Then she storms off. It would have been better if she saved that moment for a heart to heart with Issa.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
No she's not, when you're close to your father and hold your parents marriage as some ideal you want to attain, that shyt is heartbreaking.

I can't relate because I grew up witnessing some fukked up relationships but... I dated a girl like this and her level of delusion about her parent's marriage was :mindblown:

We used to get into arguments because I cheated on her (I was young.. no excuses but I had a messed up perception of how to treat someone you love). But I always felt her expectations were unrealistic. She used to say, "My dad hasn't so much as looked at another woman in 30 years of marriage." I hit her with the :mjlol: and said, "You don't know men. There aint a man that strong in the world. I know for a fact your dad has looked at another woman... shyt he probably fukked another one. YOU just don't know and your mom might not either." :ufdup:

Obviously I'm older now so I realize how messed up a thing that was to say. I was just projecting my own fukked up beliefs of love from my upbringing onto her. BUT, she was still putting her dad on an impossible pedestal so if she ever found out something to the contrary, she'd be fukked up.

TL;DR: People are humans... even your parents.