Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
We may call it hoing jokingly amongst friends, but it's not. I mean Issa is trying to get it in, but they're fully in control of their situations and choices. It's kinda like calling your homegirls bytch vs a dude calling you a bytch. Their behavior is typical of single and dating...hoing it up and actually being a ho are different IMO, and neither one have shown to be deserving of the label "ho"

That makes no sense. They're not "hoeing it up" and calling each other hoes but they're not hoes?
We may call it hoing jokingly amongst friends, but it's not. I mean Issa is trying to get it in, but they're fully in control of their situations and choices. It's kinda like calling your homegirls bytch vs a dude calling you a bytch. Their behavior is typical of single and dating...hoing it up and actually being a ho are different IMO, and neither one have shown to be deserving of the label "ho"

This 'Just because we constantly talk about being hoes and hoeing doesn't mean we're hoes' shyt is beyond me :mindblown:. I don't think any of the men on the show have said it, but it's legit the central theme for Issa this season but when men affirm that it's called misogyny :dead: not including you as part of that but I'm saying

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
feel bad for Molly. maybe not 'smash your married childhood friend' feel bad, but that's a bombshell to find out at a vow renewal. Not sure what's going on w/ Issa or where they're going with her character this season. My dude Lawrence lost out here.....LawrenceHive taking losses. Sitting in a folding chair looking at your ex's FB page :francis:. Not sure if they'll get to a point when they can get back together :patrice:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Nah it's hoeing. If you bouncing around between fukking multiple dudes at the same time it's hoeing.

I've seen plenty of women who are going through their single phase and not looking for something serious. They may start talking to someone and may sleep with em quick and then move on to the next man, but they ain't bouncing back and forth between multiple dikks at once. That to me is being single and weighing options. Bouncing between multiples at once is hoeing.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
She's going on dates with these men, and text flirting/sexting with one, and had sex with exactly one person, her neighbor, who was new, and Daniel. That's just one woman's experience with being newly single, and a little adrift. There is no moral vacancy or desperate undervaluing of herself. I suppose many of these people who firmly believe this is being a "hoe" would claim that there is a double standard of course, when it comes to men, because they are fundamentally different. That's textbook sexism.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
:gucci: she hoeing
wouldnt wanna make a woman like this my wife
Just cuz you honest doesnt mean a thing
Its sad dudes are okay with this :huhldup:
exacyly why GMB movement is going strong:myman:
I agree she's hoeing, but at the same time I think every woman should go through a hoe phase at some point before getting married. Women that are in long relationships a lot of times are jealous of their single friends and envious of the "exciting" single life. If they go through the hoe phase they can learn that there is value in relationships and how empty the hoe life can be. Personally I think it makes them appreciate a strong relationship more if they actually know what they are missing out on.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Nah it's hoeing. If you bouncing around between fukking multiple dudes at the same time it's hoeing.

I've seen plenty of women who are going through their single phase and not looking for something serious. They may start talking to someone and may sleep with em quick and then move on to the next man, but they ain't bouncing back and forth between multiple dikks at once. That to me is being single and weighing options. Bouncing between multiples at once is hoeing.

She's going on dates with these men, and text flirting/sexting with one, and had sex with exactly one person, her neighbor, who was new, and Daniel. That's just one woman's experience with being newly single, and a little adrift. There is no moral vacancy or desperate undervaluing of herself. I suppose many of these people who firmly believe this is being a "hoe" would claim that there is a double standard of course, when it comes to men, because they are fundamentally different. That's textbook sexism.

i see both sides :manny: she's not smashing dozens of dudes, but the way she's moving w/ the dating apps? that shyt is questionable to me, but I'm an old fuddy duddy lol. I wouldn't call her a hoe tho, even tho on the show they describe their movements as 'hoeing'

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That makes no sense. They're not "hoeing it up" and calling each other hoes but they're not hoes?

This 'Just because we constantly talk about being hoes and hoeing doesn't mean we're hoes' shyt is beyond me :mindblown:. I don't think any of the men on the show have said it, but it's legit the central theme for Issa this season but when men affirm that it's called misogyny :dead: not including you as part of that but I'm saying
Like I said. to me, they're doing what's pretty normal amongst those in the dating game, outside of the really disciplined/moral folks, you sleep with a few different people, even concurrently at times. that's not a ho to me, being a "real" ho denotes a lack of agency, respect, and control.

but if that's what you consider a ho, well, most folks in the western world are hoes.

that's your opinion of it. and clearly where the double standard is applied. if you're not in a committed relationship, you're free to date more than one person at a time and that may entail sleeping with more than one person in the same time frame. yall don't call dudes who do that hoes.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Women are the only gender called hoes when they are still virgins, so breaking down their sexual behavior almost always comes across as disingenuous.

Molly and Issa are jokingly referring to them having sex as "hoing" because any sexual behavior from a woman that isn't in a strictly committed relationship is seen as hoeing. Anything not fitting in that box is considering being a hoe for them, so they call it that in jest, while also acknowledging that they are choosing, with their own agency, to experience what dudes get to experience without any labels put on it.

It kind of misses the point if people actually do consider them hoes for what they are doing.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Like I said. to me, they're doing what's pretty normal amongst those in the dating game, outside of the really disciplined/moral folks, you sleep with a few different people, even concurrently at times. that's not a ho to me, being a "real" ho denotes a lack of agency, respect, and control.

but if that's what you consider a ho, well, most folks in the western world are hoes.

that's your opinion of it. and clearly where the double standard is applied. if you're not in a committed relationship, you're free to date more than one person at a time and that may entail sleeping with more than one person in the same time frame. yall don't call dudes who do that hoes.

I'm not even talking about their behavior, I'm talking about the terminology on the damn show and expectations from the viewers. I mean last night she added dude in her 'hoetation'-- if she's calling it a hoetation then why would anyone, male or female, be criticized for using it concerning her?

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Some of the harshest critics are like reading right out of the bible, on some first settlers of American shyt. Virtue! Honor! Morals! Relax.

I, and Dora, Tasha And, and a few others broke that down. Hoe, is used to to describe normal single life, jokingly among friends, Tasha And, actually hit that perfectly, on why that even is, because a woman sleeps with a guy and everyone goes The Crucible on her.

You never hear women talk this? Oh you're such a hoe, you kissed him on the first date, or my friends will think I'm such a hoe.....

It's actually a really sad reflection of gender inequality. While guys get to brag, women have to self deprecate as a defense mechanism.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm not even talking about their behavior, I'm talking about the terminology on the damn show and expectations from the viewers. I mean last night she added dude in her 'hoetation'-- if she's calling it a hoetation then why would anyone, male or female, be criticized for using it concerning her?
cuz i guess for most people, they're thinking of it in the true connotation of the word, the way it's used derogatively toward women or about real hoes. i mean, i wouldn't call her a ho, but i would be quick to say she's hoing it up, it my mind there's a difference, but i can see how for some there isn't.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

I call dudes who do that shyt hoes too. I'm using my own personal standard. I've talked to multiple women at the same time but before I start actually fukking a new one I cut off the previous. And I ain't the type to judge a woman who's a hoe or went through that phase for a while. I one of the men that understand sometimes people go through shyt and have to work there way through it as they seem fit. As long as that behavior wasn't sustained for years I would have no problem wifing up woman that's done that for a little while. But outside looking in I'm just calling it like I see it. It's hoe behavior, male or female.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I agree she's hoeing, but at the same time I think every woman should go through a hoe phase at some point before getting married. Women that are in long relationships a lot of times are jealous of their single friends and envious of the "exciting" single life. If they go through the hoe phase they can learn that there is value in relationships and how empty the hoe life can be. Personally I think it makes them appreciate a strong relationship more if they actually know what they are missing out on.
Terrible logic to me
I don't need to go to jail to enjoy the freedom of not being in jail
People who need to touch the stove to know it's hot are dumb
People before have already made these mistakes learn from them
Fools learn from their mistakes wise learn from the mistakes of others
Its sad most people only through pain and suffering can gain understanding