Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
We are both in agreement. I was referring to the reality of the double standard for men is what the scene alluded to. We aren't allowed the luxury of struggle when it is well within our right. Granted, it's your shorties birthday, you shouldn't forget that and then on top of it be in a Rite Aid trying to make up for it. So while he told Lawrence, the tone he used was like what did you expect? At 30, you are supposed to know women well enough to know that it doesn't fly. I'm not saying its right, its hypocritical without question, but it is the reality.
Yea the B Day shyt was fukked up. No question. I don't agree wit boy who said that's grounds for termination but he shoulda got barked on for that. Like I said before. If she didn't wanna be wit him no more. Fine. Problem wit her is she was mad passive aggressive. And didn't break down her issues wit him. She just complained behind his back. And broke up wit him. He atleast deserved the respect of a conversation. And if it was that serious. She shouldn't have gotten back wit him. I honestly think Issa was like 95% wrong in the situation and I give Lawrence 5% cause of the b day shyt. She was talkin to and flirtin wit the next nikka BEFORE the b day shyt. Issa selfish as fukk. Lol

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Yeah Lawrence was flagrant with that birthday shyt. It's totally grounds for termination. His boy Chad even let him know, if you forget your girl's birthday how can you say you give a fukk about her?

Facts. When he says, "you left the door open", it's like the old heads used to say, "chicken ain't like dog"... Leave that coop open, that bird will be gone. One thing I have learned is that for many women, birthdays are important as hell man. They celebrate that shyt for like a month LOL. He could have made her a card if he didn't have it like that financially, especially since buddy is good with technology. Women are emotional by nature so it doesn't take much effort to create and or put something together that would have struck an emotional chord with her. Men are emotional too but we have to suppress it. Lawrence made the mistake of showing his emotions, in specific, his emotional vulnerability and it cost him dearly. You are supposed to shut that door too and suck it up. I think there was a thread in TLR last week that spoke of this very thing.

Show got my wife emotional cuz she looked up to her parent's marriage the same way and her parents ended up getting divorced (Dad cheated for many years) after we got married.

Now that crap is hurting OUR marriage...smh

Yeah. That scene was real. I know people are stating that Molly is too old for that type of behavior but if you grew up in a great stable household, and your parents did their best to shield you from the harsh realities of the world, I can see where this can have a devastating effect on her ability to trust people. All her adult life she is chasing this unicorn fairytale only to see it doesn't exist sending her down a wicked spiral. As messed up as it may sound, as a parent, you have to do your best job at balancing the nurturing and exposure to your children while keeping them grounded in reality.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Molly wants to craft this perfect ideal world and she's finding out that there's no such thing. You gotta make the best outta of shyt. Like her mom did by forgiving her father. How different would her life be if her parents divorced early on?

Wasn't Molly telling Lawrence not two episodes ago that Issa cheated but she's not a cheater? These hoes is confused man :pachaha:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Facts. When he says, "you left the door open", it's like the old heads used to say, "chicken ain't like dog"... Leave that coop open, that bird will be gone. One thing I have learned is that for many women, birthdays are important as hell man. They celebrate that shyt for like a month LOL. He could have made her a card if he didn't have it like that financially, especially since buddy is good with technology. Women are emotional by nature so it doesn't take much effort to create and or put something together that would have struck an emotional chord with her. Men are emotional too but we have to suppress it. Lawrence made the mistake of showing his emotions, in specific, his emotional vulnerability and it cost him dearly. You are supposed to shut that door too and suck it up. I think there was a thread in TLR last week that spoke of this very thing.

Yeah. That scene was real. I know people are stating that Molly is too old for that type of behavior but if you grew up in a great stable household, and your parents did their best to shield you from the harsh realities of the world, I can see where this can have a devastating effect on her ability to trust people. All her adult life she is chasing this unicorn fairytale only to see it doesn't exist sending her down a wicked spiral. As messed up as it may sound, as a parent, you have to do your best job at balancing the nurturing and exposure to your children while keeping them grounded in reality.

Mollys character is spot on with her emotions. My in laws parents never fought in front of my wife but they were on the brink of divorce

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Yea the B Day shyt was fukked up. No question. I don't agree wit boy who said that's grounds for termination but he shoulda got barked on for that. Like I said before. If she didn't wanna be wit him no more. Fine. Problem wit her is she was mad passive aggressive. And didn't break down her issues wit him. She just complained behind his back. And broke up wit him. He atleast deserved the respect of a conversation. And if it was that serious. She shouldn't have gotten back wit him. I honestly think Issa was like 95% wrong in the situation and I give Lawrence 5% cause of the b day shyt. She was talkin to and flirtin wit the next nikka BEFORE the b day shyt. Issa selfish as fukk. Lol

Facts breh. A lot of women are like Issa and don't realize it, partly due to the fact that she has never had to face accountability for her actions. A similar situation happened to a cat I used to work with and we became friends. He got fired and was on his sofa for almost 2 years until I got him a job offer. Once he landed on his feet, she got pregnant, dipped and got him for CS. Said he was a bum and degenerate alcoholic who couldn't find work for two years. He was going through some stuff mentally and couldn't suppress it. She saw old buddy was vulnerable and dipped.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Meh, a woman and man can have their standards for what they expect out of a partner. If Lawrence relying on his savings while not working for two years was a deal breaker for Issa, then she should have simply ended the relationship. Doesn't make sense or do anyone a favor by staying in a relationship with someone when they are making you miserable for whatever reason. We all know if the roles were reversed the general consensus on the matter would have been different lol.

Cheating? That's a dub.
That wasn't all. Have would you feel if your girl for your birthday unemployed don't even bother to cook a meal but tells you she got netflix fired up already :mjgrin:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
That wasn't all. Have would you feel if your girl for your birthday unemployed don't even bother to cook a meal but tells you she got netflix fired up already :mjgrin:
I'm not making excuses for Lawrence. nikka could have done better. Nonetheless, mature people don't respond by sticking around being miserable, running out of the house going missing for days only to eventually fukk someone else though.

Last edited:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Molly wants to craft this perfect ideal world and she's finding out that there's no such thing. You gotta make the best outta of shyt. Like her mom did by forgiving her father. How different would her life be if her parents divorced early on?

Kinda wonder how would things be different if her mom cheated.

You're right too, she thinks everything should just fall in place just by being or doing good.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Tiffany's husband linking up with Lawrence and serving up the KOLD dose of reality. :stopitslime:. He was like what you think this is breh :gucci:
you can't be on the sofa and expect your woman to be like alright with that...To me, this scene was too real for that fact that although I agreed with him, people like to pretend men don't suffer from double standards as well. It's the reality of people their age who are expected to have it all together and if they don't then something better is right around the bend. No matter what the circumstances, a man is always expected to be "on" and if he isn't, lights off.:yeshrug:

I may get killed for this but I don't know how there can be a LawrenceHive faction after this weeks episode:scust:. Dude sitting on some janky ass card game furniture stalking his ex on a damn desktop as a 30 year old man:hhh:.
that shoulda been clear last season
she should have just broken up with him, but dont blame her for feeling that way. Lawrence was a bum.

Again, the show is called insecure. They all are that.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Show got my wife emotional cuz she looked up to her parent's marriage the same way and her parents ended up getting divorced (Dad cheated for many years) after we got married.

Now that crap is hurting OUR marriage...smh

:snoop:

Reason you don't trust men, that was your daddy fault
He in the grave – let it go, he no longer livin'
Said you caught him cheating with Mom, fukking other women
fukk that gotta do with us?
Here's the keys to the newest truck
Birkin bags, we burnin' cash, now baby, do it up