Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
that shoulda been clear last season

she should have just broken up with him, but dont blame her for feeling that way. Lawrence was a bum.

Again, the show is called insecure. They all are that.
Lawrence wasn't a bum. He was just picky wit his job offers. He was still building his app and he was still working on his craft. And he wasn't broke either. He still had money in his savings. He wasn't living off her. nikka could've did more but that's BS that a person can't struggle in THIS DAY AND AGE where it's so hard to find something in ur field. Either way. Man or woman. If the person u with ain't willing to ride wit u thru the good AND the bad. They ain't worth it. They both should cut their losses.

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
Yeah. That scene was real. I know people are stating that Molly is too old for that type of behavior but if you grew up in a great stable household, and your parents did their best to shield you from the harsh realities of the world, I can see where this can have a devastating effect on her ability to trust people. All her adult life she is chasing this unicorn fairytale only to see it doesn't exist sending her down a wicked spiral. As messed up as it may sound, as a parent, you have to do your best job at balancing the nurturing and exposure to your children while keeping them grounded in reality.

Yeah, she's going to a counselor to talk & fully accept what's going on, but in the meantime, she accuses me of cheating or mostly "wanting to cheat" at least once every 2 weeks. It's an extreme headache that I don't know how much longer I'm gonna endure...:francis:

:snoop:

Reason you don't trust men, that was your daddy fault
He in the grave – let it go, he no longer livin'
Said you caught him cheating with Mom, fukking other women
fukk that gotta do with us?
Here's the keys to the newest truck
Birkin bags, we burnin' cash, now baby, do it up

:mjcry:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Lawrence wasn't a bum. He was just picky wit his job offers. He was still building his app and he was still working on his craft. And he wasn't broke either. He still had money in his savings. He wasn't living off her. nikka could've did more but that's BS that a person can't struggle in THIS DAY AND AGE where it's so hard to find something in ur field. Either way. Man or woman. If the person u with ain't willing to ride wit u thru the good AND the bad. They ain't worth it. They both should cut their losses.
same nikkas in here woulda called mark zuckerberg a bum for dropping outta harvard

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Yeah, she's going to a counselor to talk & fully accept what's going on, but in the meantime, she accuses me of cheating or mostly "wanting to cheat" at least once every 2 weeks. It's an extreme headache that I don't know how much longer I'm gonna endure...:francis:

:mjcry:

Be patient if you can. Some pain takes years to erase. Some people spend their entire adult lives trying to erase childhood memories. I went through it before and had to leave although my situation was the opposite. Her father was a scumbag who had kids outside of the marriage three times so she normalized in her head that that type of behavior is a phase and acceptable as long as you stay married which was not the case because her parents eventually divorced after the third.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He wasnt working for 2 years. He was a bum. Stop caping for him.

same nikkas in here woulda called mark zuckerberg a bum for dropping outta harvard
did you compare the dream in this 28 year old's head to Facebook being created by a 20 year old and already being used by others on different college campuses? :heh:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Show got my wife emotional cuz she looked up to her parent's marriage the same way and her parents ended up getting divorced (Dad cheated for many years) after we got married.

Now that crap is hurting OUR marriage...smh
according to this thread, an emotional reaction to this isn't acceptable :beli:

anyway, anyone else wanna see lil rel and molly together? :guilty:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Shes too superficial for that pastor body :mjcry:
I know, and I guess it's too early in the series to get Molly to that point, but I believe a lot of regular women (not IG models/thots chasing cats with money) get to the point where they have to let some of the superficial hangups go in order to see a good man (or good men) in front of them.

Pastor body had me :dead: tho haha

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I know, and I guess it's too early in the series to get Molly to that point, but I believe a lot of regular women (not IG models/thots chasing cats with money) get to the point where they have to let some of the superficial hangups go in order to see a good man (or good men) in front of them.

Yeah, Molly's too young for that(I think the girls are all late 20s/very early 30s?)... you have to reach a certain age before you figure out that you're playing a game of musical chairs and you're still standing

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Are ya'll part of any discussion groups for the show? I'm on one and every week some of the women in the group complain about the women on the shoe being called hoes.

I'm trying to understand how when literally EVERY EPISODE Issa and Molly are bragging about hoeing :mindblown:
We may call it hoing jokingly amongst friends, but it's not. I mean Issa is trying to get it in, but they're fully in control of their situations and choices. It's kinda like calling your homegirls bytch vs a dude calling you a bytch. Their behavior is typical of single and dating...hoing it up and actually being a ho are different IMO, and neither one have shown to be deserving of the label "ho"

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
Are ya'll part of any discussion groups for the show? I'm on one and every week some of the women in the group complain about the women on the shoe being called hoes.

I'm trying to understand how when literally EVERY EPISODE Issa and Molly are bragging about hoeing :mindblown:

They're both hoes and Issa is a broke hoe :mjlol:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Plenty of people have been making bad shows, but Tyler Perry (the most consistently successful Black creator) is the one who gets the constant random criticism. :yeshrug:

If I actually knew the names and followed the creators of Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, and Everybody Loves Raymond, I'd probably slander them too

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Issa with the "hoe rotation" is funny but seriously they should stop calling it hoeing and just call it for what it is. A young SINGLE woman out living life. Hell shes even keeping it 100 with Daniel and letting him know up front what it is.
:gucci: she hoeing
wouldnt wanna make a woman like this my wife
Just cuz you honest doesnt mean a thing
Its sad dudes are okay with this :huhldup:
exacyly why GMB movement is going strong:myman: