Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
How the Lawrencehive feel about the knowledge being dropped on Lawrence by his boy Derek.

It took long enough for Lawrence to finally get it... :ohhh:

On another note...
Yaassssss @ to the couple from Lost! :salute:
Meh, a woman and man can have their standards for what they expect out of a partner. If Lawrence relying on his savings while not working for two years was a deal breaker for Issa, then she should have simply ended the relationship. Doesn't make sense or do anyone a favor by staying in a relationship with someone when they are making you miserable for whatever reason. We all know if the roles were reversed the general consensus on the matter would have been different lol.

Cheating? That's a dub.

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're 29/30 and that doesn't change things, i dealt with the same thing at 27 with my dad and it hurt no less. I actually told that nikka not to come to my graduation from business school...having a lifelong image shattered at 20-30 something is actually worse.
That's an overreaction as well, imo, but we all feel different emotions/have different responses. :yeshrug:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Nobody is winning this season so far. Season 2 is about how much more insecurity they feel.

Issa adding unnecessary bodies to her count and I don't care what anybody says - the average woman having casual sex with a bunch of guys still isn't the same as a man doing it.

She fukking her head up right now.

She trying to "sex it awaaaaaaay" like Solange was singing on that hit single.

Lawrence already slowing down cuz he realized he not about that life. He shoulda chilled with Tasha and focused on his career/getting his business started -- he took a step back breaking it off with her.

He shoulda just kept it 100 about the situation AND never fukk with Issa again smh, Tasha seemed to be cool with the arrangement until that happened.

Molly is a typical career woman who seems like she got it all under control but she really lost like everybody else. Now she just got played by her childhood friend whose wife seems to always be out of town :patrice:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Befriend a LiberaL passive agressive CaC chick, brethettes:mjpls:

...Issa can't handLe a flimsy dikk pic:dead:

Molly turned an eternal L into a W:patrice:

Last edited:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Meh, a woman and man can have their standards for what they expect out of a partner. If Lawrence relying on his savings while not working for two years was a deal breaker for Issa, then she should have simply ended the relationship. Doesn't make sense or do anyone a favor by staying in a relationship with someone when they are making you miserable for whatever reason. We all know if the roles were revered how the general consensus on the matter would have been different lol.

Cheating? That's a dub.

Issa is straight scandalous. She was texting that nikka Daniel from S1E1 talking about how she missed him and FB stalking the nikka. I've always said that a woman loses respect for a man when she's forced to financially support him so I understand her looking to move on from Lawrence but she straight violated. fukk Issa. She's no prize.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Nobody is winning this season so far. Season 2 is about how much more insecurity they feel.

Issa adding unnecessary bodies to her count and I don't care what anybody says - the average woman having casual sex with a bunch of guys still isn't the same as a man doing it.

She fukking her head up right now.

She trying to "sex it awaaaaaaay" like Solange was singing on that hit single.

Lawrence already slowing down cuz he realized he not about that life. He shoulda chilled with Tasha and focused on his career/getting his business started -- he took a step back breaking it off with her.

He shoulda just kept it 100 about the situation AND never fukk with Issa again smh, Tasha seemed to be cool with the arrangement until that happened.

Molly is a typical career woman who seems like she got it all under control but she really lost like everybody else. Now she just got played by her childhood friend whose wife seems to always be out of town :patrice:
He was really dumb for fukking up with Tasha

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Daniel: "What's wrong?"

Issa: "I crashed my car lookin' at more dikk, on my way to get YOUR dikk"

Daniel:
1293695_o.gif

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
You know a show is this good when it makes you despise the behaviors of the main characters throughout the episode. Man, I don't know where to begin...

The Truth Serum Episode :ohlawd::

All of the brothers in the show were serving cold hard glasses of REALITY this week. First, Issa's brother when she called him while in the bathroom to pretend that she was being professionally victimized and he was like sis :aicmon:... You know you can't qualify racism. Right is right. She was like F that... I'm out.

The older hispanic gentleman like, if you are gonna get the check, get it. Chill out on the pump faking Issa :rudy:.

Molly's family pulling her aside like, sis, I know you for a hot minute. That L7, Express mens suit wearing square ain't even your type:childplease:. Why you wasting that goofy's time?:comeon:

Tiffany's husband linking up with Lawrence and serving up the KOLD dose of reality. :stopitslime:. He was like what you think this is breh :gucci:
you can't be on the sofa and expect your woman to be like alright with that...To me, this scene was too real for that fact that although I agreed with him, people like to pretend men don't suffer from double standards as well. It's the reality of people their age who are expected to have it all together and if they don't then something better is right around the bend. No matter what the circumstances, a man is always expected to be "on" and if he isn't, lights off.:yeshrug:

I may get killed for this but I don't know how there can be a LawrenceHive faction after this weeks episode:scust:. Dude sitting on some janky ass card game furniture stalking his ex on a damn desktop as a 30 year old man:hhh:.

Daniel getting a bit of that truth as well when he was like:cape:only to have Issa be on her pump fake move again like I just needed a ride playboy, we coo coo cooo :youngsabo:. Issa out here macking:smugdraper:.

The messy old heads:damn:. I saw the old lady church attire and was like man, these writers are sooo damn good :heh:. Ole messy ass church hoes like :gurl:. Molly gets all confused, which she was within all right to being that she lived her entire existence on a fallacy:why:.

I do agree with the posters in the thread who said they are telegraphing the hell out of some of the plot this season but ill be damned if it isn't good. Based off the last scene, I think Molly gets spurned by the married dude and somehow/way ends up moving to the Chi and into the arms of Lil Rel, the playa with the Pastor's body :mjlol::dame:.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You know a show is this good when it makes you despise the behaviors of the main characters throughout the episode. Man, I don't know where to begin...

The Truth Serum Episode :ohlawd::

All of the brothers in the show were serving cold hard glasses of REALITY this week. First, Issa's brother when she called him while in the bathroom to pretend that she was being professionally victimized and he was like sis :aicmon:... You know you can't qualify racism. Right is right. She was like F that... I'm out.

The older hispanic gentleman like, if you are gonna get the check, get it. Chill out on the pump faking Issa :rudy:.

Molly's family pulling her aside like, sis, I know you for a hot minute. That L7, Express mens suit wearing square ain't even your type:childplease:. Why you wasting that goofy's time?:comeon:

Tiffany's husband linking up with Lawrence and serving up the KOLD dose of reality. :stopitslime:. He was like what you think this is breh :gucci:
you can't be on the sofa and expect your woman to be like alright with that...To me, this scene was too real for that fact that although I agreed with him, people like to pretend men don't suffer from double standards as well. It's the reality of people their age who are expected to have it all together and if they don't then something better is right around the bend. No matter what the circumstances, a man is always expected to be "on" and if he isn't, lights off.:yeshrug:

I may get killed for this but I don't know how there can be a LawrenceHive faction after this weeks episode:scust:. Dude sitting on some janky ass card game furniture stalking his ex on a damn desktop as a 30 year old man:hhh:.

Daniel getting a bit of that truth as well when he was like:cape:only to have Issa be on her pump fake move again like I just needed a ride playboy, we coo coo cooo :youngsabo:. Issa out here macking:smugdraper:.

The messy old heads:damn:. I saw the old lady church attire and was like man, these writers are sooo damn good :heh:. Ole messy ass church hoes like :gurl:. Molly gets all confused, which she was within all right to being that she lived her entire existence on a fallacy:why:.

I do agree with the posters in the thread who said they are telegraphing the hell out of some of the plot this season but ill be damned if it isn't good. Based off the last scene, I think Molly gets spurned by the married dude and somehow/way ends up moving to the Chi and into the arms of Lil Rel, the playa with the Pastor's body :mjlol::dame:.
Tiffany's husband didn't serve up no reality. That's bullshyt. Dude was trying to get his shyt together. Going on interviews. Trying to find the right fit. He was struggling. Which as a person trying to achieve his/her goals is allowed to do. He wasn't broke. He was responsible enough to have savings. Shorty was wrong and was doin him dirty from jump street. Then. She deads him the wrong way. She didn't express her issues wit him. She just breaks up wit him one night on her way to go check the next nikka. While using her friend in the process. And fukk it. If u don't wanna be wit the nikka no more. That's cool. Leave it there. She gets BACK wit the nikka. He gets ALL of his shyt together. She THEN decides to cheat on him. Nah. Lawrence should just cut his losses and move on.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Tiffany's husband didn't serve up no reality. That's bullshyt. Dude was trying to get his shyt together. Going on interviews. Trying to find the right fit. He was struggling. Which as a person trying to achieve his/her goals is allowed to do. He wasn't broke. He was responsible enough to have savings. Shorty was wrong and was doin him dirty from jump street. Then. She deads him the wrong way. She didn't express her issues wit him. She just breaks up wit him one night on her way to go check the next nikka. While using her friend in the process. And fukk it. If u don't wanna be wit the nikka no more. That's cool. Leave it there. She gets BACK wit the nikka. He gets ALL of his shyt together. She THEN decides to cheat on him. Nah. Lawrence should just cut his losses and move on.

We are both in agreement. I was referring to the reality of the double standard for men is what the scene alluded to. We aren't allowed the luxury of struggle when it is well within our right. Granted, it's your shorties birthday, you shouldn't forget that and then on top of it be in a Rite Aid trying to make up for it. So while he told Lawrence, the tone he used was like what did you expect? At 30, you are supposed to know women well enough to know that it doesn't fly. I'm not saying its right, its hypocritical without question, but it is the reality.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
We are both in agreement. I was referring to the reality of the double standard for men is what the scene alluded to. We aren't allowed the luxury of struggle when it is well within our right. Granted, it's your shorties birthday, you shouldn't forget that and then on top of it be in a Rite Aid trying to make up for it. So while he told Lawrence, the tone he used was like what did you expect? At 30, you are supposed to know women well enough to know that it doesn't fly. I'm not saying its right, its hypocritical without question, but it is the reality.

Yeah Lawrence was flagrant with that birthday shyt. It's totally grounds for termination. His boy Chad even let him know, if you forget your girl's birthday how can you say you give a fukk about her?

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
Show got my wife emotional cuz she looked up to her parent's marriage the same way and her parents ended up getting divorced (Dad cheated for many years) after we got married.

Now that crap is hurting OUR marriage...smh