Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
My prediction for the how season is going to end is that Lawrence finally admits he wants Issa back but Issa, after dating and living without him, doesn't want him back anymore....

Pretty much... but it's been like that since episode 1 of the series, she was texting Daniel from the beginning. The only reason she wanted Lawrence back is because she didn't break shyt off on her terms. She was always looking to move on.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Showing ya ass at their vow renewal because YOU can't get over some shyt is petty and childish.

Just when you think Molly can't get any more annoying :snoop:
She spazzed on her parents, y'all acting like she took the mic and made a public announcement. I'm not a reactive person like that, so I'd never have an outburst, but having been thru the hurt, I fully understand how someone more expressive may have that reaction. And it's even more valid at a vow renewal when you find out those exact vows were dismissed and devalued in that marriage....the shyt is a sham. I start feeling some type of way about my dad every year during valentines day and my parents anniversary.

I'm not gonna side with y'all feeling like it was too much, cuz unless you've been thru it...especially when you hold your dad up as an ideal, you won't understand.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's kinda crazy seeing the contempt and disgust for various characters from different posters.....The show is CALLED "insecure", it's about the insecurities and flaws that make up all of us, and all the characters. You aren't supposed to take sides and teams.

"The Carolina Reaper...." (what is wrong with her) :deadmanny:

"NEVER SAY NEVER HOW BOUT THAT"

Issa is out there trying to cover up emotions with sex, "no feelings", which is such a common sentiment today, through music, social media, etc, it's dope to see the show taking that theme, and exploring it. We all do it, from time to time. Self awareness is key, and you can get strung out on it, the same as anything else, which is kind of where Issa seems to be, as explained by that crash scene.

Molly a hoe? I don't even see how someone could come to that conclusion. So harsh and inaccurate. Molly is going to therapy and working on self improvement, but it's a process, not an easy or overnight one, and she is very vulnerable here, because she has deep attachment to her parents, and their/her sense of an ideal relationship, as well as her own baggage from being single. It's disillusionment, and her reaction shows her immaturity in coping with these kinds of things. It's common for parents to have issues, that were never discussed with the children, and no matter what it is THEIR relationship. Not yours. Esp. in what seems like a healthy marriage.

I think the relationships with Dro/Molly, and Daniel and Issa are the strongest on the show in some ways, they have known each other for decades. I know a few girls like that, and it's interesting the ways those relationships manifest themselves as you get older. Sometimes I see girls I was in love with, I think more as friends now, when it was the opposite back then. Though, you still wonder what if? Would it work? Should we try? When someone has known you as a child, before all the things we do to become ''grown up", it's an incredible bond. It's hard to get closer to people than the ones who have known you most of your life.

Some scenes are a little too telegraphed, (Dro and Molly at the end) but who cares, when it looks that good, and comes together that well....

Last edited:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
She spazzed on her parents, y'all acting like she took the mic and made a public announcement. I'm not a reactive person like that, so I'd never have an outburst, but having been thru the hurt, I fully understand how someone more expressive may have that reaction. And it's even more valid at a vow renewal when you find out those exact vows were dismissed and devalued in that marriage....the shyt is a sham. I start feeling some type of way about my dad every year during valentines day and my parents anniversary.

I'm not gonna side with y'all feeling like it was too much, cuz unless you've been thru it...especially when you hold your dad up as an ideal, you won't understand.

Did you miss the part where she came with one brother and left in a married man's car for all to see? :gucci:

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
They're 29/30 and that doesn't change things, i dealt with the same thing at 27 with my dad and it hurt no less. I actually told that nikka not to come to my graduation from business school...having a lifelong image shattered at 20-30 something is actually worse.
You found out about old infidelities at 27 or your Dad cheated on your mom at 27?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Did you miss the part where she came with one brother and left in a married man's car for all to see? :gucci:
That's was her car, he drove her home. And that was her brothers and her boys in the driveway, the majority of the guests were in the backyard. She made a scene in front of a small group - her parents, brothers, and homeboy

Edit: and dude she came with looked at dro to handle that, he clearly didn't know her well enough to coach her thru an emotional outburst. He was actually relieved when dro said he got it (if I remember, he thanked him).

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
@dora_da_destroyer
ccb.gif

Sorry about things

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I think everyone likes Molly cause she's easily the most confident of the ladies. Its very sexy. The others come off forced at times. Goes to show you, if you get your career/money right you can still remain the shyt when other parts of your life aren't as great.

Issa taking all kind of Ls and its embarrassing lol. Too embarrassing to even type out so Im leaving it alone.

Lawrence wasnt built for this life and its ok. Not all men want the bachelor lifestyle. He's looking very good this season too.

Am I the only one who didnt think it was necessary to speak to Daniel at the club? If our eyes meet, I'll acknowledge you but I dont just seek folks out to speak just cause we used to date. Im glad they meet up tho. Issa needs to calm down and Daniel seems like he can help her with that. Question is is he too good for her?
That's generally how it goes, money can do a number to your confidence.