Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Molly seems to be the character that introduces a topical relationship issue into the show.

Season 1, would you date a bisexual dude?

Season 2, would you fukk a dude in an open marriage? She's probly going to get invited to a swinger party:mjlol:

Season 3, she gonna meet a transman:lolbron:
Dude is clearly fruity

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Not gonna read the thread, but I saw one episode after GOT and I liked it. Had me laugh out loud a few times

I'll check it out on a binge. Thought it was going to be another female show crying about men (probably is) but it has that dry, awkward humor I think

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Not gonna read the thread, but I saw one episode after GOT and I liked it. Had me laugh out loud a few times

I'll check it out on a binge. Thought it was going to be another female show crying about men (probably is) but it has that dry, awkward humor I think
Not really. I mean, sure it has some "i wanna find a man" elements but it's well rounded and has that funky humor throughout. Plus plenty of real life shyt that men can relate to.

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Gotta say this season is alot more entertaining then the first one. And the first season was pretty good.
That's cause this season is focusing on everyone's insecurities and how life in general can cause it to increase or decrease. Look at Lawrence getting his head blown up by Amber & Bambi only to find out he was being fetishized. Then when he telling his boy about how good it was he's outside his ex's place cause he misses that good thang. All along while his ex is tryin to forget him by ho'ing it up.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
That's cause this season is focusing on everyone's insecurities and how life in general can cause it to increase or decrease. Look at Lawrence getting his head blown up by Amber & Bambi only to find out he was being fetishized. Then when he telling his boy about how good it was he's outside his ex's place cause he misses that good thang. All along while his ex is tryin to forget him by ho'ing it up.

I just think the writing is better. Also the world expanded a bit more then just her apartment.......

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
What an episode!:blessed: The cheap booze:mjgrin:, pre-gaming:sas2:, day parties:steviej:, the bottle scavengers,:wtf: awkward confrontations(Issa and Daniel):shaq2:, and indecent proposals:ooh:(Molly and Lawrence)! The Hype man:lolbron:(Chad and Molly), the thirsty friends:lawd: (Kellie and the Dude in the restaurant), the loneliness in a sea of strangers:ld: (Tindering at a party).

I love the fact that the writers capture the late 20s early 30s black experience so accurately, especially being that it's the most competitive part of one's life. The recurring theme that in some way or another, everyone is using one another to attempt to fill a void. Lawrence with Tasha, Issa with the male friends, Molly with her female friends, the Married dude and on and on.

I do like what the writers are doing with Molly and think that she will eventually find stability through a relationship quicker than the other two in getting help with facing her issues. I think promiscuity is part of her struggle and she will learn through the interaction with the Married dude that life isn't necessarily how she expects it but that choice will be a part of her moment of clarity.

Sidenote: I enjoyt that the writers included them being hyped over their plans to go to these day parties which are always overhyped. The irony of being in a real time meat market only to go online and surf a digital meat market. The struggle with millenials.:ehh: Felix wouldn't give Issa a chance because at that party, in his mind, a better selection was over in the next section. A similar experience is like the glorified restaurant with a big menu that people rave about with lots of selection, however, when you get your dish it's often disappointing or underwhelming. It's always the smaller, more intimate establishment settings where you are more likely to appreciate the meal and service.

Last edited: