Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Molly seems to be the character that introduces a topical relationship issue into the show.

Season 1, would you date a bisexual dude?

Season 2, would you fukk a dude in an open marriage? She's probly going to get invited to a swinger party:mjlol:

Season 3, she gonna meet a transman:lolbron:

Last edited:

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
For those of you who are going on about the lack of condom use...you've got to ask yourself how many times do you see condom use in tv or movies?. When we watch tv shows, we suspend our belief. If you want to see condoms you should want to see lube and foreplay as well, but this is not real life it's tv. Movies and tv doesn't show people sneezing mid sentence, stuttering or messing up their words mid sentence. It doesn't show people doing very basic human things, like scratching your forehead etc. Most shows, show people having sex straight from having a conversation to sex the next scene. No condom, no buildup, no nothing. TV is not the platform especially shows like this to educate on safe sex. Never has and never will. It's not that realistic. Some shows do most don't and that's okay.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
For those of you who are going on about the lack of condom use...you've got to ask yourself how many times do you see condom use in tv or movies?. When we watch tv shows, we suspend our belief. If you want to see condoms you should want to see lube and foreplay as well, but this is not real life it's tv. Movies and tv doesn't show people sneezing mid sentence, stuttering or messing up their words mid sentence. It doesn't show people doing very basic human things, like scratching your forehead etc. Most shows, show people having sex straight from having a conversation to sex the next scene. No condom, no buildup, no nothing. TV is not the platform especially shows like this to educate on safe sex. Never has and never will. It's not that realistic. Some shows do most don't and that's okay.

I don't get what's so confusing about this point.

The show creators themselves put condoms in the scenes already, so they won't be doing anything they don't already do. They just will make them a little more visible going forward. It doesn't mean it will be a condom tutorial, dude. It just means they'll have a condom wrapper on the side of the bed, or when it's over the dude will toss a condom in the trash, some shyt like that if they want to imply that this one night stand was with protection. There are countless "realistic" ways to do it.

Last edited:

LeftCoast

All Star
Daps
Reppin
long beach ca

these complaining ass nikkas gon turn Insecure into a afterschool special next season :snoop:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
these complaining ass nikkas gon turn Insecure into a afterschool special next season :snoop:
i understand where both parties are coming from. But it's a lot on the show's shoulders because its holding the torch for black tv right now. So I guess viewers (especially black viewers) want nothing but the best. If they fukking, use protection. If they're drinking, be responsible. Or.. follow up with hilarious results that will teach a lesson. :manny: all they're asking is to acknowledge safe sex, not just imply it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
i understand where both parties are coming from. But it's a lot on the show's shoulders because its holding the torch for black tv right now. So I guess viewers (especially black viewers) want nothing but the best. If they fukking, use protection. If they're drinking, be responsible. Or.. follow up with hilarious results that will teach a lesson. :manny: all they're asking is to acknowledge safe sex, not just imply it.
I think it's weird do they really think the show is going to be a downer and have someone be like, "Oh shyt I got herpes/chlamydia. I caught HIV?!" :sadcam: It's too lighthearted about relationships to even go there. It's not that serious.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I think it's weird do they really think the show is going to be a downer and have someone be like, "Oh shyt I got herpes/chlamydia. I caught HIV?!" :sadcam: It's too lighthearted about relationships to even go there. It's not that serious.
Real ass consequences for real ass situations. :manny: