Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This show is so LA.

Kiss N Grind is the shyt with Vikter Duplaix. I've been multiple times when its Kid Capri or Questlove spinning.
The restaurant they were at was Swingers in West Hollywood.
I sat in the exact same booth where ol boy was fingering ol girl. :scust::jbhmm::shaq:
Lawrence is about to be driving by the apartment looking like Carl Thomas seeing Issa outside with Daniel soon. :hhh:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
The Breh playing Lawrence is such a corn ball ass nikka.

That scene in the beginning when he was on the phone with his manz was so forced.

Chad: You trying to be out??
Rich trying to be out in these streets??"

Lawrence: "Hell yeah nikka!! :gladbron: "

Me watching this shyt: :hhh:

:ohhh: Thought I was the only one who noticed that nikka seemed force and unnatural,

Sounded like it was his first time using it in a sentence :hhh:

I think that's the point though.

He was corny on The Game too though.

:leon: That's some good acting then

I'm more inclined to think Lawrence is playing himself & is actually corny, rather than thinking that he's a good actor.

Back in his The Game days, I used to watch his interviews. He was an army brat who was the only black kid (with 2 black parents) in his schools, until high school. A good bit of his friends were college athletes too & he remained in the West Coast for a good bit of his early life & adult years.

For the record, I don't mind corny black dudes but there's corny black dudes & there's white adjacent black dudes. Then I saw Jay's real life girlfriend, put the pieces together & knew exactly what time it was.

It is what it is. :yeshrug:

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm more inclined to think Lawrence is playing himself & is actually corny, rather than thinking that he's a good actor.

Back in his The Game days, I used to watch his interviews. He was an army brat who was the only black kid (with 2 black parents) in his schools, until high school. A good bit of his friends were college athletes too & he remained in the West Coast for a good bit of his early life & adult years.

For the record, I don't mind corny black dudes but there's corny black dudes & there's white adjacent black dudes. Then I saw Jay's real life girlfriend, put the pieces together & knew exactly what time it was.

Wow you sure do like to dissect people.

Corny and white adjacent? :heh: ok

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Catching up, Lawrence might be a savage who thinks he's a good guy but I don't think they'd work because of how the relationship started. Also that height difference with Tasha was distracting which is ironic since I'm over 6 feet myself.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Another week, another great episode.

Chad needs more screen time, dude is hilarious. the guy fingering Kelly looked like he was related to her :merchant:. Lawrence getting free booze amd a threesome :salute:(But he had to get profiled and objectified :ld:). Not liking where they are taking Molly storyline with her friend's husband :snoop:.

At least we are getting a workplace episode next week. When the season is over I'm sure this will have been the best show on tv for 2017

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta

:ohhh: Is it his acting or actually him, I'm conflicted brehs.

I never watched the game like that so ion remember

And what's a white adjacent black dude? I think I get what u mean

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
should be a smiley

DHKdf0PU0AEdoPT.jpg:thumb