Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Just wanna say everyone should check out the insecurity podcast if you haven't.

Insecuritea

I've been listrening to it since last season but after the latest episode I really do feel like it's essential listening for insecure fans. It's funny in the casual way a show like this should be discussed, but Fran and Crissle also offer some genuinely good insight/interpretation of scenes. I really liked how they broke down Lawrence getting stopped by police.

It really feels great as a companion piece to the show, and enhances the viewings for me.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
My dude Wale got a feature:mjcry:

Them chicks used lawerence :mjcry:
these white chicks just be wanting hard black dikk out here breh....
The game is real, that's why I stopped fukking with white chicks like that and hitting up the club, because shyt was like shooting fish in a barrel.......

Always strap up because std's are real.....

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Oh yeah the only thing they forgot to depict about the club episode, is people consistently just looking at their phones messing around on fb and snapchat....instead of actually socializing. shyt is wack. People used to actually dance at club and mingle a few years back. Social Media has killed the game. Along with DJ's playing the same shyt on the radio....

Clubs are wack, bars are bit more social out here.

But a single cat is better off, just going about their day and hollering at chicks as they pass by or a nice pub / bar. If you can't get laid at bar in LA, you got issues, women are practically giving sex away. The Club is more for showing off and teasing. Although I've slayed my fair share when I was younger. Just not worth all the bs of "looking the part".....

Sidenote: I worked in a grocery store as a teenager, I literally smashed like 10 women, the same steeze as Lawrence, just minding my own business then them chicks came up to me, "asking for help" then I sealed the deal for later :russ:

In one instance, this girl I knew from hs, just passing by, and had a couple classes, but never really hung out with, had her cousin and her friends in town from MTL, Canada. I literally got an alley op pass to smash, because she told me her friend found me attractive and was looking for a good time while in LA. :steviej: 8 hours later I was in those guts after I got off work and went to their kickback :youngsabo:.

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Oh yeah the only thing they forgot to depict about the club episode, is people consistently just looking at their phones messing around on fb and snapchat....instead of actually socializing. shyt is wack. People used to actually dance at club and mingle a few years back. Social Media has killed the game. Along with DJ's playing the same shyt on the radio....

Clubs are wack, bars are bit more social out here.

But a single cat is better off, just going about their day and hollering at chicks as they pass by or a nice pub / bar. If you can't get laid at bar in LA, you got issues, women are practically giving sex away. The Club is more for showing off and teasing. Although I've slayed my fair share when I was younger. Just not worth all the bs of "looking the part".....

Sidenote: I worked in a grocery store as a teenager, I literally smashed like 10 women, the same steeze as Lawrence, just minding my own business then them chicks came up to me, "asking for help" then I sealed the deal for later :russ:

In one instance, this girl I knew from hs, just passing by, and had a couple classes, but never really hung out with, had her cousin and her friends in town from MTL, Canada. I literally got an alley op pass to smash, because she told me her friend found me attractive and was looking for a good time while in LA. :steviej: 8 hours later I was in those guts after I got off work and went to their kickback :youngsabo:.

So much truth here. I've seen people in that setting that only go to the dancefloor to hold their phones up at an angle and yell while they get on snapchat, then go back and sit down. It's so stupid :mjlol:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a great very relatable show, much more than any stereotypical and dated Tyler Perry show/movie ever made.
Why do y'all feel the need to always throw strays at Tyler Perry? He's probably done more for Black people in film/television than anyone else this century.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Why do y'all feel the need to always throw strays at Tyler Perry? He's probably done more for Black people in film/television than anyone else this century.

I applaud him for giving black actors an avenue that they wouldn't have had otherwise, but a lot of his movies and shows are simply bad, and have a level of corn as a bunch of white shows :manny:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota

I like Have and Have nots, If loving you is wrong, good deeds, Daddy's little girls, Diary of a mad black woman, Madea goes to jail and Family reunion