Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Two things that I couldn't believe in this episode...
-CAC cops letting Lawrence slide without giving him a ticket
-A club playing Wale's Fashion Week song in LA

Issa reaching with that shyt
:dead:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
For all the unethical shyt that goes down on television I think condoms should be the least of people's concerns lol smh
Oh I don't have any issue with the ethics of leaving condoms out, my issue with it is purely with trying to understand what the writers/directors are intending to imply when sex between strangers happen and there is no condom in sight. Based on her tweet, it's obvious that they aren't intending for people to think they are fukking raw, since they do take the time to put condoms in the scene. So next season they'll just make it a little more visible, or have a character tear one open for a second of screen time. No biggie beyond that. It's not outrage or anything, just can break the immersion a little because I'm thinking 'eeww, she fukking that nikka raw?" half the time:scust::mjlol:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Sounds better than getting swept 4-0

-Spending 5 hours on spankbang
-40 different tabs open
-Stalking bytches on social media afterwards feeling disgusted with myself

:youngdro:

Sounds like you know something about that. :picard:

be proud of being a fetish for coke head white bytches who fukk a bunch of nikkas and eating them out and fukking them raw brehs

full

It is just a tv show white boy, just chill.

ETA: What is the obsession with the condoms?
Do y'all watch 24 and go, why don't we see them going to the bathroom?
Do y'all watch some cac tv show like Homeland and wonder why they don't use condoms?

It is just a TV show!!!:mindblown:

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Sounds like you know something about that. :picard:

It is just a tv show white boy, just chill.

ETA: What is the obsession with the condoms?
Do y'all watch 24 and go, why don't we see them going to the bathroom?
Do y'all watch some cac tv show like Homeland and wonder why they don't use condoms?

It is just a TV show!!!:mindblown:
Nah but when I watch a show specifically about sex and dating and relationships, and graphically shows sex scenes every other episode, I wonder about condoms. And I wonder if we'll be getting pregnancy or std storylines when they aren't used. Because that's what happens in TV shows about sex and dating and relationships, like the Lena Dunham show that was on HBO before Insecure that had all kinds of condoms/std/pregnancy plotlines stemming from their sex scenes.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Real rap the texts between Chad and Lawrence had me crying cuz that's EXACTLY how me and my nikkas be, even down to the Jerome gif :dead:

shyt had me like

2pac-laughing-juice.gif

Son!!!

Me n my nikkas went wild when that text popped up. Even the ladies we were watching it with started laughing....that's exactly how the group chat is with my nikkas

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Oh I don't have any issue with the ethics of leaving condoms out, my issue with it is purely with trying to understand what the writers/directors are intending to imply when sex between strangers happen and there is no condom in sight. Based on her tweet, it's obvious that they aren't intending for people to think they are fukking raw, since they do take the time to put condoms in the scene. So next season they'll just make it a little more visible, or have a character tear one open for a second of screen time. No biggie beyond that. It's not outrage or anything, just can break the immersion a little because I'm thinking 'eeww, she fukking that nikka raw?" half the time:scust::mjlol:
Right that's how I think of it too. More out of curiousity but some people are salty they aren't making it obvious