Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Lawrence gettin checked on his halfway shyt was for the best. Got what he needed from a rebound and is in great position for the bachelor life.

Sucks for Tasha but she knew what it was :manny:

Yea, but I wouldn't be surprised if his company on some :mjpls: He's already out here shucking at company gatherings.

"woot, woot" :hhh:
Silicon Valley as a whole is on that :mjpls:
heavy in real life.

Read a few articles about the huge disparity in hiring practices - companies full of mainly whites and asians (a lot of whom are H1B foreigners who the comapnies hire at a fraction of the cost). That new immigration policy the Trumpettes are pushing is going to fukk american college grads hard while companies continue to rack up :sas2:, but thats a convo for a different thread:sas1:.

As far as Lawrence "shucking" for coworkers, i think he was just telling a shytty joke about the app they work on :yeshrug:. He already knew more than the guys who hired him, but we shall see if they explore his trials in the workplace as they did with Molly :ehh:

Like many have said above, excited to see him thrive socially and professionally

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
To borrow from what Tasha said, Lawrence isn't really a horrible dude per se, but he's definitely in a fukk nikka phase. He just got out of a five-year relationship that ended with him getting cheated on and prior to that, he legit wasn't doing anything productive.

But I'm not surprised that he got past that argument quickly. Yeah, he lost out on consistent box (and a dude would care about that to some degree), but what this show seems to be leading toward is that Lawrence on the surface is going to look like one hell of a catch (job, objectively handsome, in shape, etc.), and that waitress let him know it too. The question is whether or not he's gonna choose to be savage or will his own shyt get in the way, and then we'll really see if he's a fukk nikka and not just a dude letting his fukk nikka tendencies win right now.

After all, they weren't doing anything but fukking in his mind. For him to dwell on that any further would have made it into something more. That said, it was on him to examine the behaviors he was showing and ask whether or not it would affect how Tasha saw things. He told her about Issa when he had no reason whatsoever to do so because they weren't exclusive. He agreed to go to that cookout and meet her folks when she said he didn't have to go, knowing that most of the time, meeting the folks means this is going somewhere long-term.

Yeah, she messed up when she tried to escalate it in order to see exactly where he thought it was between them.

On the other hand, she gave him a chance to show that it was exactly what she thought it was, and he chose to show her something different.

Still, people will get away with what they are allowed to get away with.

A horrible dude is a fukk nikka and a fukk nikka is a horrible dude. I can't agree with your use of semantics.

And you're right. Lawrence illustrates a dude that's good on paper, but is still not a good partner. The fact that Lawrence didn't even take a split second after that phone call to reflect on how he contributed to Tasha's hurt feelings (even though she is basic) shows just how selfish he is. This is the main trait that drove Issa away before cheating. Lawrence also tells Tasha that he's screwing other chicks but tells Issa nothing. Even when exes are dead ass wrong, there's a certain loyalty that you still have in the beginning where you still attempt to protect them. Lawrence is selfish!

And Tasha's way of seeing how serious Lawrence was, was some little girl, passive agreessive steez. If you don't know, then be straight up and ask. 9/10, if a man wants you, you will never have to guess about his intentions. Tasha is silly.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Really love the friendship between Issa and Molly, probably the best one I've seen on tv in a while.
- her knowing the donut flavors
- "passed out from the paint fumes"

Nice to see an awkward sex scene for once.

Don't care about Lawrence's coworkers at all, hopefully he doesn't start sleeping with them
- they clowned the shyt out of the ginger
- thought things were gonna go left, when the tipsy girl came to the roof

Does this mean we are done with Tasha for good?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
so many of these problems could be solved if they just sprinkled a lil bit of weed on the situation.
:noreha:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Let's call it for what it is... and I don't even like using this word, but... Molly doesn't want ol boy becaue she's a hoe :yeshrug:
All that talk her and Issa had about having a 'hoe-phase'??? Sometimes it ain't a phase, sometimes you just a hoe! That doesn't mean you can't be one with standards and personal goals or whatever shyt.... that's the takeaway I'm getting on her so far.

I'm dying at this fool Lawrence literally bringing like 2 chairs and ghosting the cookout :dead: I wish he would have stayed longer though. The guest characters are always the funniest IMO and the entire premise of the cookout could've brought so many laughs :laff:

The white girl is annoying me now :francis: she's right about the Principal (who's hilarious for all the wrong reasons) but I'm not feeling how she's trying to put the onus all on Issa to "do something". That's that bullshyt. If the school is majority hispanic then thats OUR job to go out and get them to come to. Don't come at me with fingerwagging, guilt-tripping shyt :gucci:

Overall it's looking like the show is about to take a major turn into the interracial dating world, which is fine... but it ain't what got me watching.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
My foxhole brehs did y'all notice Clayton thomas at the bbq:mjlol:
I had a whole post typed up. Dude still sounds like a fukking cartoon character :russ:. No matter how old he gets, he'll always be the guy who used to clown around on Speedy's show. It's great to see him getting a little shine though. He did his thing.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
It is kind of cool we have so much to talk about after every episode. Lol

The story with Issa's coworker and the kids seems interesting. I wonder where it will go. She is coming from a good place that all kids should be treated fairly or is it inherent racism that has cacs souls burn slow when black folk try to uplift their own.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Wait...what???

I don't remember Isaa being at the shop with Molly. Molly was alone...

I don't think it was. Molly ran into a couple that she went to school with.

Issa's brother & Amanda Bynes husband are likely DL. I'm unsure of if they've been DL together though.

I think the poster is getting things mixed up. Either way, I don't want this show to be focused on DL dudes beyond a side story. The storylines that we have this far, are covering that topic well enough without overdoing it.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

The story with Issa's coworker and the kids seems interesting. I wonder where it will go. She is coming from a good place that all kids should be treated fairly or is it inherent racism that has cacs souls burn slow when black folk try to uplift their own.
:meloohhh:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I didnt say she was jealous, I was rebutting the stupid connotation that post had about Molly.

Thats clearly not what happened. The principal is a racist, and Issa is allowing it because of the attendance while the white girl knows its fukked up that a school thats 86% Latinx has no one in attendance for their program. Mostly because the principal is a racist.

You have a mental illness, get help.

Its one thing to look out for your own. Its something totally different to be a racist, like the show is depicting him. That's the point you mentally challenged posters are missing.

He was out there joking on them kids.

Yeah, I think you're meant to understand the place the co-worker is coming from in the previous episode. He makes the comments and, while discussing it with Issa, the co-worker essentially goes, "Would the things he says be fine if he were white?"

....and you've got to think that if this was somehow a white/atino principal in a majority black school making these comments while only sending his white/latino students to get tutoring, it wouldn't be a good look at all.

It's kind of an interesting plot.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yeah, I think you're meant to understand the place the co-worker is coming from in the previous episode. He makes the comments and, while discussing it with Issa, the co-worker essentially goes, "Would the things he says be fine if he were white?"

....and you've got to think that if this was somehow a white/atino principal in a majority black school making these comments while only sending his white/latino students to get tutoring, it wouldn't be a good look at all.

It's kind of an interesting plot.
Indeed, but the knuckledraggers in this thread cannot see that.