Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I don't see how a black person could have a problem with Gaines looking out for his own. You can be damn sure a Mexican principal would, in fact they do it all the time in real life. Black students in majority Latino schooled get little attention or programs everything is geared towards the vatos.
I'm just going to say this. I hope that y'all are just talking shyt with this one. For you own sake:hubie:

They were at a predominantly black school last season now they're at a predominantly Latino school.

This is going to blowup in Issa's face:manny:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I blame Tasha for Lawrence flaking out on her. How y'all just fukking - if you wanna be honest - and you got him trynna meet your 2nd and 3rd cousins, your great grandma, and how ever many siblings you got? It's too much too soon. At least start off with your fukking mom and dad in a more subdue setting. You're bombarding my mans with a fukking cook out. And then you wanna call him a fukk nikka but you wasn't saying that shyt when he was all in your guts, having you call him "zaddy" :camby:

Last edited:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Good for Tasha. It was a classic case of her gut/heart telling her what the situation was but her eyes/ears kept hearing and seeing different. She was right to call out Lawrence for that nonsense, if only because his behavior caused her to second guess her instinct, which told her that this was a FWB/rebound situation. Yeah, she messed up for putting herself out there like that but at the end of the day, Lawrence's behavior led her down the path she wanted to be on instead of the one she knew she was on. Happens a lot.

Issa had me :deadrose: at most everything she did in this episode. Really not sure how this will end up for her, but she needs to get her shyt straight at work. Selfishness starting to permeate all over.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I blame Tasha for Lawrence flaking out on her. How y'all just fukking - if you wanna be honest - and you got him trynna met your 2nd and 3rd cousins, your great grandma, and how ever many siblings you got? It's too much too soon. At least start off with your fukking mom and dad in a more subdue setting. You're bombarding my mans with a fukking cook out. And then you wanna him a fukk nikka but you wasn't saying that shyt when he was all in your guts, having you call him "zaddy" :camby:

I hear you.

But he could have said no and reaffirmed her initial beliefs. She's not absolved of fault, but I totally understand why she went off on him. However, she knew the deal and did not want to believe it, mostly because the signs she was getting thrown went against her initial outlook.

Not to mention, women cannot be trusted to be consistently rational or logical, especially in matters involving dikk that's good enough to have her calling a dude "zaddy" when he's wearing her out.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Yup, the reality was that she's pissed cause she saw a good dude that she knew wasn't interested in anything serious. She thought she could turn him around taking advantage of him being a good dude and when it didn't work she was left feeling the fool.

I love this show though cause so many of these situations hit real close to home.

Lawrence is not a good dude. He was using Tasha knowing damn well that she been falling for him. You see how fast he got over their argument right. Dude never cared about Tasha.

But Tasha ain't innocent either as she was trying to take advantage of him as well. She thought she could be the rebound that was wifed, & her plan blew up in her face.

I don't see how a black person could have a problem with Gaines looking out for his own. You can be damn sure a Mexican principal would, in fact they do it all the time in real life. Black students in majority Latino schooled get little attention or programs everything is geared towards the vatos.

We have so many examples of POC taking care of their own first, last & only, but we refuse to learn & do the same. Issa is clearly taking the POC solidarity route while her own Cali state continues to push out black people. I do think Issa believes what she is saying, but I don't agree with her.

I would, however, tell the principle to chill, for his sake. You can't help black students if you are fired from your job.

And to be honest, I find it hard to believe that the Latino community would allow a black person to be the principle over a majority Hispanic school. There are many examples of latinos obtaining hiring positions & mandating that employees are fluent in the Spanish language. Ironically, black applicants that can speak the language are still passed up for these opportunities in favor of a Hispanic applicant. This practice is for jobs across the board, not just education.

I'm not even mad at Latinos for taking care of their own. I just don't think anyone has the right to question black people, if we do the same.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I hear you.

But he could have said no and reaffirmed her initial beliefs. She's not absolved of fault, but I totally understand why she went off on him.

Not to mention, women cannot be trusted to be consistently rational or logical, especially in matters involving dikk that's good enough to have her calling a dude "zaddy" when he's wearing her out.
Yea, I blame Lawrence for being not fukking decisive enough. That's some female shyt. Make your intentions be known from the get go.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Lawrence is not a good dude. He was using Tasha knowing damn well that she been falling for him. You see how fast he got over their argument right. Dude never cared about Tasha.

But Tasha ain't innocent either as she was trying to take advantage of him as well. She thought she could be the rebound that was wifed, & her plan blew up in her face.
She said herself that she knew exactly what she was to him. Why does that make him a bad dude for participating in a situation that they both knew what was going on. How is the blame on him for her catching feelings? Unless he promised her a relationship and to be her man then he did nothing wrong in the situation.

Y'alls definitions of a bad guy is fukked up. A bad guy is a guy that's cheating on you, beating you, using you for money or a place to stay. A dude fukking you that don't want to be in a relationship ain't a bad guy, it's bad judgment.

Last edited:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC

To borrow from what Tasha said, Lawrence isn't really a horrible dude per se, but he's definitely in a fukk nikka phase. He just got out of a five-year relationship that ended with him getting cheated on and prior to that, he legit wasn't doing anything productive.

But I'm not surprised that he got past that argument quickly. Yeah, he lost out on consistent box (and a dude would care about that to some degree), but what this show seems to be leading toward is that Lawrence on the surface is going to look like one hell of a catch (job, objectively handsome, in shape, etc.), and that waitress let him know it too. The question is whether or not he's gonna choose to be savage or will his own shyt get in the way, and then we'll really see if he's a fukk nikka and not just a dude letting his fukk nikka tendencies win right now.

After all, they weren't doing anything but fukking in his mind. For him to dwell on that any further would have made it into something more. That said, it was on him to examine the behaviors he was showing and ask whether or not it would affect how Tasha saw things. He told her about Issa when he had no reason whatsoever to do so because they weren't exclusive. He agreed to go to that cookout and meet her folks when she said he didn't have to go, knowing that most of the time, meeting the folks means this is going somewhere long-term.

Yeah, she messed up when she tried to escalate it in order to see exactly where he thought it was between them.

On the other hand, she gave him a chance to show that it was exactly what she thought it was, and he chose to show her something different.

Still, people will get away with what they are allowed to get away with.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
She said herself that she knew exactly what she was to him. Why does that make him a bad dude for participating in a situation that they both knew what was going on. How is the blame on him for her catching feelings? Unless he promised her a relationship and to be her man then he did nothing wrong in the situation.

Y'alls definitions of a bad guy is fukked up. A bad guy is a guy that's cheating on you, beating you, using you for money or a place to stay. A dude fukking you that don't want to be in a relationship ain't a bad guy, it's bad judgment.

Dude...you know when a person is feeling you way more than you are feeling them. If you have no intention of taking the serious, you cut it off immediately...not accept invites to the family reunion.

This is no different than women using men for $300 dates, when they have no interest in them. Both Lawrence, and the women y'all love to hate, are using people. For the record, good people don't use people.

LuvKaya

Pro
Daps
Dude...you know when a person is feeling you way more than you are feeling them. If you have no intention of taking the serious, you cut it off immediately...not accept invites to the family reunion.

This is no different than women using men for $300 dates, when they have no interest in them. Both Lawrence, and the women y'all love to hate, are using people. For the record, good people don't use people.

yup, learn to use things, not people.