Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Who invited him tho? She still invited him after she knew he was still fukking his ex. What type of silly ho invites someone to meet their family when the nikka is still out there fukking other bytches and you know about it? Lawrence made two bad moves. He told Tasha about fukking Issa(he should have never done that, that's not his girl and it's not really her business) and agreeing to go to the cookout, like I said before.

Lawrence doesn't have it in him to be a savage with these hoes, but low key he's winning. He can fukk Issa when he wants, them white chicks at his job when he wants and can probably sneak his way back into Tasha's bed if he plays his cards right.
he coulda said no.

This is what the show is talking about.

Tasha should not have invited him because he was halfway, and Lawrence should have turned it down.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
:wow: this episode was great. Lawrence got treated like a little fukkin boy. It was so bad he couldn't even do shyt but :manny: and get back to the party. :heh: For logical purposes, hopefully Tasha smartened up and lets him go, but I like her character so I hope she stays around so I can see her on the screen.

Desperate Issa is a bad look. She's gone fukk around and catch the itchy and scratchy messing with these random dudes. :russ:

It's interesting to see how Issa and Lawrence have to adjust to the new facets of their characters. Issa is selfish as shyt and only cares about herself, yet now she's entering a pool of one night stands that are filled with people who just wanna bust off and keep it moving. Lawrence on the other hand, got hurt and instead of taking his time to find himself, he jumps right back and hurts somebody else with the boyfriend behavior. He's slowly learning that just saying yes or what somebody wants to hear can be fukked up (and fukk you up) in the long run.

On a lighter note, the jokes were hilarious too
- Lawrence's coworker fukking the cricket dude
- Rules!
- Molly trying to be miss independent carrying that box down the stairs in heels
- The awkward ass sex scene :deadrose:

The paint scene alone was classic
- Issa trying to paint with the plastic still on the roller
- Issa passing out from the paint fumes
- Telling the spot on the ceiling "you won't steal my joy"

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
How you figure? From everything we saw, he never led the chick on. Perhaps going to the cookout was a faux pas, but I fail to see how he's in the wrong. Son was just fukking her and she knew the deal, she basically said so. She's just mad because she played herself
Yup, the reality was that she's pissed cause she saw a good dude that she knew wasn't interested in anything serious. She thought she could turn him around taking advantage of him being a good dude and when it didn't work she was left feeling the fool.

I love this show though cause so many of these situations hit real close to home.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
There's no way I would attend a family cookout of a girl I'm not in a relationship with.

That's the epitome of leading someone on. He was there bringing chairs and shyt to the cookout as if he intended to stay. Of course she felt some type of way when her date ghosted out of nowhere.

Dude is a fukking clown. Had he just maintained some proper distance he could have had Tasha on his team as a jumpoff and a friend while still smashing the white jawns from work & meeting other jawns until he figured out what he ultimately wanted.

From the way the show has painted him he's not used to that player type lifestyle. This is currently the transition period where he's learning to deal with having a fukk buddy and setting boundaries. I know for myself after I got out of a 10 year relationship I was dumb as hell to all that shyt. I didn't realize what actions were giving off the boyfriend impression. It took a few years of dealing with women to really perfect keeping them at a distance and not letting them lines get crossed for the woman to think we could be more than what I wanted. Every dude has his bumps to get there.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
From the way the show has painted him he's not used to that player type lifestyle. This is currently the transition period where he's learning to deal with having a fukk buddy and setting boundaries. I know for myself after I got out of a 10 year relationship I was dumb as hell to all that shyt. I didn't realize what actions were giving off the boyfriend impression. It took a few years of dealing with women to really perfect keeping them at a distance and not letting them lines get crossed for the woman to think we could be more than what I wanted. Every dude has his bumps to get there.

Yeah that's why I said his real screw up was telling Tasha about sleeping with Issa and then apologizing for it. Mixed signals. She knew was time it was with Lawrence, he came over every weekend, beat the breaks off her p*ssy, didn't even take the chick out on dates... that ain't no damn relationship! Once he told her about the Issa situation I can see why she would think it was deeper than it was.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
she starred hard at ever relationship she saw.

She looked at her homies at the cupcake shop hard too.

Molly is accomplished but she feels she fails at love. She wasn't looking at the couple with jealousy but wishing she had that

Forlife44

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see how a black person could have a problem with Gaines looking out for his own. You can be damn sure a Mexican principal would, in fact they do it all the time in real life. Black students in majority Latino schooled get little attention or programs everything is geared towards the vatos.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Molly irritated me. That guy seemed very nice but she wants this image like her friend/ sorority sister Tiffany

What they said about people having checklists was too real. And we all do it. Most of us single people meet plenty of perfectly fine potential partners that we dismiss because they don't check a certain box then turn around and complain how we can't meet a good man/woman.