Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Halfway through season one.

At this point, the only likable female on the damn show is Tasha, and because of that Lawrence is probably going to do her dirty as fukk :snoop:

It's a shame, because of all the good qualities she has going for herself, the fact she seemingly BELIEVES in Lawrence's potential is perhaps the most impressive thing about the character.

Lot of Coli-esque shyt on this show, though.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
they were both paying their share of the rent though right? If not, if she making $40K a year, she bringing home ~$31K which averages out to ~$2600 a month (looked it up by the way):yeshrug:
No it doesn't. I made 40k in the past and after taxes, it was like 1000 bi-weekly. That's 2k a month and 1395 plus cable, electricity, bills, food, etc. Not affordable.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Finally caught up.

Tasha is going to get hurt in the end. She's fukkin with a breh who honestly needs time to himself to regroup and shyt. He's not ready for a relationship. She's an example of the right chick at the wrong time. She'd probably be better off with a Jared type.

She's got a lot of good qualities, but SOMETHING will come up that will be a fatal flaw of some kind. Every character -- especially the women -- has at least one, and the show wouldn't be called Insecure otherwise. She seems to have lower standards than the other main characters, but objectively, she's fine, she's got some semblance of her own, is trying to do better for her professional future, is about that :shaq: in the bedroom and she believes in/cares for Lawrence/her dude. For most men, that's enough. We're simple ass creatures looking for a Tasha, in general. Anybody who is super anti-Tasha like social media seems to portray definitely has some shyt they ought to work on internally.

That said, she's a prime example of the saying, "Women want what they want, and they will put up with/do whatever to get it."

I have a close friend like that. She was feenin' for a mutual friend of mine something fierce, wanted to be cuffed and all that. But the breh had some mental/emotional type shyt (depression/unresolved bitterness, etc.) shyt to work through and he wasn't emotionally available like that. She stuck around as that friend with benefits -- in her words, "I'll take whatever I can get and hope for the best." -- and eventually he came around.

This won't happen with Tasha, I assume. But it does happen. She's going to have to recognize that Lawrence is just not going to be that dude for her at this stage in his life. She'll have to choose better and not get walked on. That said ... it happens to a lot of women when it comes to that one dude.

I'm mostly interested in the growth of Molly above everybody else. Does look like Issa is about to enter her wild oats sowing phase so we will see what happens with that. But as Chad alluded to with Lawrence, her heart don't pump cold enough for that sort of behavior long-term.

I want to like Lawrence. Yes, I know he was emotionally draining and inattentive early on. He slacked in his relationship with Issa early on. That said, when it comes to dudes ... if their pockets aren't right, NOTHING else is. Does it excuse the behavior? No. But I see why he was in his funk. I've been in one before. I get it.

That said, the breh has finally got his shyt together and now he's about to fukk over a solid chick (Tasha) because of his own BS. Ah well :francis:

I absolve Daniel of any fault in this. Chad is hilarious.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never knew there was a thread lol
Go to show when I have a chick over....all races/types of girls LOVE this show

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
spoiler alert! – he is picked up by two non-black girls at a grocery store, who lure him to their apartment, where they proceed to seduce him. Their fetishisation of his blackness has echoes of Get Out, Jordan Peele’s racism-thriller which triumphed at the box office earlier this year.
:ohhh: