Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
You know exactly why they're saying this :sas2:

I bet money they both make around same amount money wise. Non-profit organizations don't make a lot of money unless you're the owner. If we do a breakdown of which woman would be better for Lawrence, I'd bet Tasha comes out on top.
Tasha hasnt cheated on him so
Tasha>>>>>>>>>
He need to lock that down tho :aicmon:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Isaa is guilty of this! Notice how Molly would check on Issa well being but she never asks Molly about her personal life
Yea.
I don't know if it's because Issa is the focus of the show or if its written intentionally to have her disregard Molly but I think its the latter.
I notice every time Issa speaks with Molly its all about her and she never asks followup questions when its obvious that something is wrong with Molly.

I wonder if this is gonna lead to another big blowup between the two that leads to them not being friends for a minute.
Molly is a rider for her girl. When ol boy came thru to the fundraiser and Issa and her saw him at the same time, Molly ran to check him immediately without having to hear a word from Issa.
Then she's out here walking laps around Lawrence at lunch time hoping to catch his attention so she can talk to him for Issa.

She's too good of a friend for Issa and the writers of the show nicely laid this dynamic out to possibly explore in the future.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Didn't know it was this many females here

I'm a black man that hangs around black men and NONE of them talk about this show

Power yes, but this shyt, no
Funny shyt
All my homeboys (black and hispanic)
Watch this shyt.
Show is like the bird flu right now!
:deadmanny:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Funny how y'all can nitpick this comedy to death about her loser bf yet laud Atlanta when they got three walking stereotype loser ass nikkas as the main characters. Men on the coli hate black women
Are u even black ?:francis: And the first episode of this show literally just talks about how black men love "others"

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
She's too good of a friend for Issa and the writers of the show nicely laid this dynamic out to possibly explore in the future.

Thus far, everybody important (Lawrence, Molly) have been shown to be too good for Issa. I'm trying to figure out what it is about her that makes her redeemable. That is, if she even can be redeemed at the end of this season.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Never knew there was a thread lol
Go to show when I have a chick over....all races/types of girls LOVE this show

White women watch Insecure?

Yeah my same reaction when a white guy at my job was talking about GoT and I mentioned I only care about when Insecure comes on. He said 'Man, my wife loves that show!!'

I couldn't even really respond. Just looked like:
images

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Lawrence not taking time to reflect and heal after the break up probably will catch up to him.

Tasha does feel like a temporary win.
She knows she's a seat filler, that's why she's tryin to push for a relationship and a title. She wants to define what they are as more than just 'fukkin'. Watch when he goes to the cookout either she throws out boyfriend/man/bae title or somebody gone do it for her (my money is on the messy/nosey auntie) sayin it & pressuring to know when he gone put a ring on her finger and a bun in the oven. Imma go even further and guess she's gonna relish in it. He ain't gone like it tho.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah my same reaction when a white guy at my job was talking about GoT and I mentioned I only care about when Insecure comes on. He said 'Man, my wife loves that show!!'

I couldn't even really respond. Just looked like:
images

Since they're already in the crib, "Insecure" is a clincher lol
I wathed season 1/episode 1 at least 10 times

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Do the people you know usually do this, take reflective time to just be alone, and single, working on themselves and deciding what they want and and don't want in a partner? fukk no, in my experience. My friend's and extended social circles are vast majority as dysfunctional as the characters depicted here. I doubt people in general do, most aren't very "smart" or self aware in that sense. I see a lot of women and men get out, and get right back in another within 90 days or less. Oh, they spend the first week proclaiming how happy they are to be "free", but it doesn't take long to be right back to it.