Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I cant.believe how many Black professional (or educated at the least) women are saying Tasha is too basic for Lawrence lol. What exactly does Issa offer a Lawrence besides free rent? They're pretty much the same brand of desperate and insecure.

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
I cant.believe how many Black professional (or educated at the least) women are saying Tasha is too basic for Lawrence lol. What exactly does Issa offer a Lawrence besides free rent? They're pretty much the same brand of desperate and insecure.
they assume she doesn't have a degree and issa does. So they think that means they deserve the best of men. :manny:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
But why?!?

I feel like you've got a decent head on your shoulders to know the answer but I'll humor you :manny:

Speaking for me, money is a problem solver. Life as people wish to live it requires money.

If I don't have it -- or am struggling to secure an avenue toward it -- it's a blow to my ego and self worth when it comes to the ability to be a provider and care for myself (or my s/o, kids, family, etc.). When you have to decide between getting a haircut for a job hunt or being bummy looking so you can eat for 2-4 days (and I have been here) ... that shyt is stressful. It fukks with one's manhood, you feel less than. I have a master's degree, but back when I was way low, I couldn't even get a damn job at Dunkin' Donuts or Wal-Mart. Outside of the occasional job hunt -- because my confidence was shot -- I barely left my damn bedroom unless I had to go get food. Shyt was rough.

I don't care about having a lot of money. I'm not at a point in my life where my financial needs are signifcant or astronomical.

But ... I have to have it consistently. That's just the way it is. Otherwise, I can't focus on anything besides me not having it and being unable to get it.

IMO, Tasha's better for Lawrence than Issa. But hey.

Last edited:

GoldCoastSaint

Daps
Reppin
they assume she doesn't have a degree and issa does. So they think that means they deserve the best of men. :manny:

Its ridiculous how blatantly snobby a lot of these women are. Issa and Tasha take home pay probably identical. Furthermore, we don't know anything about Tasha for her to be labled basic.

Then you hot Issa fukking raw in studios and texting for sex cause she's lonely cause she cheated instead of being real about how Lawrence's lack of stability affected her. At least then he could have kept his respect for her if they decided to end things.

I just don't see whats so great about Issa and thats not to say I dont like her cause I do...alot. But she's starting to irritate me like Carrie did on Sex in the City. Just tragic and all over the place. I dont see why women love women like this.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards

You know exactly why they're saying this :sas2:

I bet money they both make around same amount money wise. Non-profit organizations don't make a lot of money unless you're the owner. If we do a breakdown of which woman would be better for Lawrence, I'd bet Tasha comes out on top.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I feel like you've got a decent head on your shoulders to know the answer but I'll humor you :manny:

Speaking for me, money is a problem solver. Life as people wish to live it requires money.

If I don't have it -- or am struggling to secure an avenue toward it -- it's a blow to my ego and self worth when it comes to the ability to be a provider and care for myself (or his s/o, kids, family, etc.). When you have to decide between getting a haircut for a job hunt or being bummy looking so you can eat for 2-4 days (and I have been here) ... that shyt is stressful. It fukks with one's manhood, you feel less than. I have a master's degree, but back when I was way low, I couldn't even get a damn job at Dunkin' Donuts or Wal-Mart. Outside of the occasional job hunt -- because my confidence was shot -- I barely left my damn bedroom unless I had to go get food. Shyt was rough.

I don't care about having a lot of money. I'm not at a point in my life where my financial needs are signifcant or astronomical.

But ... I have to have it consistently. That's just the way it is. Otherwise, I can't focus on anything besides me not having it and being unable to get it.

Thank you for sharing your story. I am happy things worked out for you overall.

Of course I know, I just wanted to be "entertained" But I feel you 100%
We can all agree Issa wasn't as supportive but the two lacked verbal communication. I personally dont agree with shacking up until the parties are engaged to be married but for the sake of the show, both were in a clouded space but Issa fukked up for cheating and I hate how her friends except Molly make excuses for that stunt she pulled with Daniel.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Thank you for sharing your story. I am happy things worked out for you overall.

Of course I know, I just wanted to be "entertained" But I feel you 100%
We can all agree Issa wasn't as supportive but the two lacked verbal communication. I personally dont agree with shacking up until the parties are engaged to be married but for the sake of the show, both were in a clouded space but Issa fukked up for cheating and I hate how her friends except Molly make excuses for that stunt she pulled with Daniel.

Appreciated :salute:

Yeah, a lot of their mess could have been avoided if they just talked to each other. They were too busy focusing on themselves and their self-pity. I knew when Lawrence went all out to surprise Issa with a home-cooked dinner and she spilled it on the couch instead of sitting with him it was done. Right when he said something to the effect of "You're not noticing that I'm fukking trying." it was a wrap, even if apologies happened after.

Honestly, from what little backstory revealed, Issa put up with more than she should have, but she ran out of fukks right as Lawrence was finally turning it around. This show is hell about its timing of things.

GoldCoastSaint

Daps
Reppin
You know exactly why they're saying this :sas2:

I bet money they both make around same amount money wise. Non-profit organizations don't make a lot of money unless you're the owner. If we do a breakdown of which woman would be better for Lawrence, I'd bet Tasha comes out on top.

Not only that but for all the ways Tasha is insecure, Issa is just crazy. Who would be attracted to that mess? She needs counseling.