Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This episode was cool

I feel bad for Tasha. I'll keep it 100 and say majoroty of us, men and women have been in her situation. shyt happens.

I told y'all the bougie girl had issues with her man

Lawrence, Molly and Issa are trying to be something and it's not working.

Milky is trying to do whatever it takes at her job. Like really, a hockey game? I get it but you seen how he played her at the break room?

Lawrence ouchea doing his thing but his conscience is killing him which is why he told Tasha the truth

Issa wanna be a ho but it's not in her. She did some hoshyt but she's going to be a hoe because of a breakup. Good luck

i think that slave tv show is Underground shade. Regina is hilarious

Yes. Yes you did :salute:

I remember watching season 1 I thought he was a little moist but I chalked it up to the actor's mannerisms but NOW I'm looking at breh a little funny :patrice:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Not sure that's a realistic product placement of Issa's Gucci sweater, (probably 2,000) lol but who's counting...

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Tasha going to get a serious case of... "It's not you, it's me" from Lawrence by the end of this season.

People be thinking that's a bullshyt thing to say to someone, but sometimes that shyt is real. If a person's heart isn't there, it don't matter how good you are to them, don't matter how good the head is... if they don't see you as, "The One" it's only a matter time before they get away.

:mjcry:

Best advice is to never get with somebody who recently got out of a serious relationship. It's a set up.

:francis:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
The principal looking like College Dropout era Kanye :ohhh:

What did Lawrence mumble to his friend about the female real estate- my subtitles fukked up :francis:

Issa pulling up on Tasha in her fantasy :mjlol:

More interested in Molly's storyline tbh - ready to see Lawrence thriving at the tech company too

Same thing I was wondering.

And the principle looks nothing like Kanye :russ:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
The principal looking like College Dropout era Kanye :ohhh:

What did Lawrence mumble to his friend about the female real estate- my subtitles fukked up :francis:

Issa pulling up on Tasha in her fantasy :mjlol:

More interested in Molly's storyline tbh - ready to see Lawrence thriving at the tech company too
He was asking if he hit that and he nodded yes.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
anigif_sub-buzz-28781-1482957997-7.gif

WE GOT OUR STICKY!!! Yes! the thread has its red thumb tack! I'm very proud to see this. Y'all really don't know.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
What kinda press is this getting :mjpls:

I think issa and hbo has realized how big it is on social media, so they have the wine downs and youtube discussions etc.

But the numbers still kinda low :to:, where are all the big thinkpieces and praise filled articles like when they were :cape:For that annoying fukker aziz ansari and that other indian chasing white women movie :mjpls:

Have they been getting any kinda coverage beyond "urban" outlets? Or is the show too unrelatable :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls: for larger audiences?

Guarantee soon as they start swirling the headlines "heres the show you have been missing all summer" will be popping up :comeon::mjpls:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Was just discussin with my breh @ice cold perm

How would you address Gaines' Mexican comments/jokes? Check him? Or let it slide?

Personally, I wouldnt want to hear that shyt around me. I'd check him
Probably pull him to the side, lie and tell him the White girl was part Mexican so chill with the comments. Problem solved.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Lmao at the sick ass girl from the web series being seen as a total different character (the realtor). Watching the web series and seeing Issa put the reoccurring characters to work is dope & salute worthy. And it's not only ABG but it's also with the people associated with take YouTube network/channel ran through; there are also other popular YouTube stars making cameos. I love to see her giving back the way she is