Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
They was gassing her saying how good she was the whole first season. Especially Daniel.
Uh, it always came across to me that they gassed her since they were surprised she did that. It's counter to who she is, and like someone else said, daniel prolly has other motivations for propping her up (could be nostalgia, like having a s/o that sings to you but can't sing or could be gassing her cuz he was feeling her). I mean it's a direct pull from the youtube series and it's clear as day it's not supposed to be some serious hobby

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Uh, it always came across to me that they gassed her since they were surprised she did that. It's counter to who she is, and like someone else said, daniel prolly has other motivations for propping her up (could be nostalgia, like having a s/o that sings to you but can't sing or could be gassing her cuz he was feeling her). I mean it's a direct pull from the youtube series and it's clear as day it's not supposed to be some serious hobby
I never watched Awkward Black Girl. So that makes sense.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Lmao at the sick ass girl from the web series being seen as a total different character (the realtor). Watching the web series and seeing Issa put the reoccurring characters to work is dope & salute worthy. And it's not only ABG but it's also with the people associated with take YouTube network/channel ran through; there are also other popular YouTube stars making cameos. I love to see her giving back the way she is
The greatest casting change is Baby Voice to Thug Yoda :heh:
hearing his whispers on ABG and him being a blood on Insecure is BEYOND hilarious.

I never watched Awkward Black Girl. So that makes sense.
If nothing then watch the web series to see the characters as other roles. like mentioned above. Thats just two of the several,

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
What kinda press is this getting :mjpls:

I think issa and hbo has realized how big it is on social media, so they have the wine downs and youtube discussions etc.

But the numbers still kinda low :to:, where are all the big thinkpieces and praise filled articles like when they were :cape:For that annoying fukker aziz ansari and that other indian chasing white women movie :mjpls:

Have they been getting any kinda coverage beyond "urban" outlets? Or is the show too unrelatable :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls: for larger audiences?

Guarantee soon as they start swirling the headlines "heres the show you have been missing all summer" will be popping up :comeon::mjpls:
'Insecure' Offers a Refreshingly Nuanced Take on Singleness
Review: ‘Insecure’ remains ‘hella’ funny and topical in Season 2
‘Insecure’: 2nd season gains strength
'Insecure' Is Just as Witty and Self-Aware in Season 2

I could keep going:yeshrug:

Oh, as far as the ratings go:

Insecure Finally Got the Ratings Boost It Deserved

That was just a two minute google search. But I get it, you were sure you'd get tons of daps with that narrative and the multiple :mjpls: would surely get the coli on your side:krs:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I can't fukk wit the tinder lifestyle.....something just off about a bih just hittin me like "tryin to fukk" off a few text message conversations. I at least gotta chill wit the chick face to face for a couple hours ....damn. Society fukked up.....shy type gross:scust:

I get jumpoff life....but can a breh get a decent lead in:gucci:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
'Insecure' Offers a Refreshingly Nuanced Take on Singleness
Review: ‘Insecure’ remains ‘hella’ funny and topical in Season 2
‘Insecure’: 2nd season gains strength
'Insecure' Is Just as Witty and Self-Aware in Season 2

I could keep going:yeshrug:

Oh, as far as the ratings go:

Insecure Finally Got the Ratings Boost It Deserved

That was just a two minute google search. But I get it, you were sure you'd get tons of daps with that narrative and the multiple :mjpls: would surely get the coli on your side:krs:

Not really just was asking a few questions :yeshrug: And i still think it is lacking coverage that shows like Master of None got :hhh:

The acting is far better on Insecure (writing could be roughly the same level) maybe they just lack a recognizable star :leostare:

Also Ballers is doing double the numbers of this show unfortunately :stopitslime:. People should have been sticking around more for this since its sandwiched in between that and thrones :francis:

A tv tracker i use is also only showing 6 episodes, down from 8 last season

I just don't want the show to get an early cancellation while other bullshyt on other networks and even HBO keeps rolling on :usure:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Idk why but Tasha face was lacking man she ain't look that fine this episode.:patrice:

Issa was looking good as hell when she pulled up talking to DJ Yella:whew:
I was thinking the same thing about Tasha last episode b :francis: she wasn't as pretty as I thought.

Issa looks better. Tasha just got a better body.

I don't care what anyone says tho, the big girl is hot and I wanna see her knocking boots before this season over :whew: