Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

Traveler

All Star
Daps
If I remember correctly, there was skepticism about the parents saying they saw her or talked to her when they reported that. As in, there was skepticism that Hamas was being honest because as you said, that video of her, she is obviously dead. She has a wound in the back of her skull and wasn't moving one bit.
Yeah Hamas had apparently called her mom and told her she was alive in the hospital and was getting treatment. If true that's sick as hell knowing she was dead.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
There slightly pro Isreal yes but they up until now that I'm aware of are one of the few not posting straight up misinformation, if you have a neutral source for constant information lemme know and I'll use them
Me.
birdman-helmet

If I'm gonna keep it real funky all of yall should be consulting me on all matters of substance.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Not without the risk of nuclear escalation. Taiwan means more to China than to US, is US willing to risk nuclear war just to save Taiwan? US can't defeat China during Korean War, Vietnam during Vietnam war, or Taliban during War on Terror despite being backed by multiple allies.

The irony of the whole "protecting Israel is protecting democracy in Middle East" line of thinking is, US deliberately sabotages democratic movements in Middle East to install US and Israel friendly strongmen because they know if Arab countries have free and fair election they will elect anti Israel government like when Egypt elected Muslim Brotherhood in 2012.
Yep. There's no hypocrisy like US hypocrisy

A comedian once joked that the scariest phrase you can hear is "we are the United States and we are here to deliver freedom and democracy to your country"

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I try not to argue with the willfully ignorant ones with a clear agenda. As soon as I saw the video three weeks ago, I knew she was dead. Some are in here talking about that old lady that was released saying she was treated well. Come to find out her family members are still in captive. Of course she ain’t gonna bad mouth them, but back to the girl, someone said it was air strikes that killed her and I guess those air strikes beheaded her and folded her leg like a pretzel as well :dead:
Idk why people try to expand savagery away. It's horrible on both sides... though dramatically worse on the Palestinian side. A ceasefire is all we can ask for at this point.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Idk why people try to expand savagery away. It's horrible on both sides... though dramatically worse on the Palestinian side. A ceasefire is all we can ask for at this point.
Honestly, I am at the point just let them sort it out and let the cards fall where they may. No US support or outside support of any kind. There is so much bad blood between the two we are really past the point of who is "good". One thing is obvious to me, they both don't like each other. There is serious indoctrination going on, on both sides from the time kids are very young so they grow up hating the other side. Part of the problem is these beefs never get solved, they are allowed to linger. At the end, someone is going to have to move. That's really the only solution. What we are witnessing is humanity in its natural state, I think that is what scares most people.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I always find it funny that Westerners are convinced that PLA are full of wuss while in reality their lack of combat experience actually make their soldiers more aggresive and reckless when not restrained like in the border clash with India or when their pilots fly dangerously close to US airplanes.
They are aggressive fighting Indians with rocks and shovels.... lol they didn't have any firearms during clash.

Flying close to another plan that isn't dog fighting/engaging you has no bearing on actual wartime efficiency...

Their aggressiveness is in the absence of an actual battlefield environment. They don't even know whst it feels to be shot at. They don't know what a gunshot wound looks like. The first time they encounter that will be wild for them. Their commanders and officers don't know the stress of making decisions while people are dying. You gotta be kidding me. Thinking lack of experience is a benefit doesn't match up with what history has taught us about war.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Not without the risk of nuclear escalation. Taiwan means more to China than to US, is US willing to risk nuclear war just to save Taiwan? US can't defeat China during Korean War, Vietnam during Vietnam war, or Taliban during War on Terror despite being backed by multiple allies.
As soon as you said Taiwan means more to China you showed how little you have actually studied the issue. Taiwan is essential to US national security because of one specific industry that Taiwan dominates worldwide. Do research snd cone back to name that industry.

Korean War: the US pushed north Korea back to the 38th parallel. China and Korea couldn't hold the ground they took over even though the US is a ocean away and they are directly next to the land the war was fought on.

Vietnam war,: the US absolutely decimated the NVA from across an ocean. 70k US deaths vs 1 million+ NVA deaths. Again, in a war we fought an ocean away while they were next door. The Vietnam War was lost due to politics not capability. It was a decision to leave vs. Not being able to keep up.

Afghanistan: again. Another war thousands of miles away where we decimated the Talibans control of their own territory. The taliban was great at small scale ambushes and IED's but the death toll we suffered was a few thousand over 20 years. Can you guess what their death toll was? We established bases with air-conditioning and fast food restaurants etc. They had no ability to expell us or prevent us from maintaining control of territory. Another political loss vs. Being run off the battlefield.

You need to study the topic more before trying to state opinions.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Honestly, I am at the point just let them sort it out and let the cards fall where they may. No US support or outside support of any kind. There is so much bad blood between the two we are really past the point of who is "good". One thing is obvious to me, they both don't like each other. There is serious indoctrination going on, on both sides from the time kids are very young so they grow up hating the other side. Part of the problem is these beefs never get solved, they are allowed to linger. At the end, someone is going to have to move. That's really the only solution. What we are witnessing is humanity in its natural state, I think that is what scares most people.

the UN says israel has been breaking international law for 70 years.

how about the self-named "good guys" try to follow the law?

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
They make up the majority so fukk em all :pacspit:
Majority of jews are not Israeli. You need to do more research on the topic.

Matter of fact, most of the Jewish people I've worked with in LA don't even like Israelis because think they are better than other jews. Theres a wide disconnect.