Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Seriously,, why doesn’t other Arab countries help Palestine ?
They tried in the past. Palestinians fukked around in their countries, fukking things up.

After the Camp David Accords in 1978, and especially following the assassination of former Minister of Culture Yousef al-Sibai by a pro-Palestinian faction, Egyptian laws were amended under former President Muhammad Anwar el-Sadat to more markedly treat Palestinians as foreigners. They were excluded from state services, and Sadat removed their right to residency.
While a sizable Palestinian community of somewhere between 50,000-100,000 individuals continues to reside in Egypt, they mostly live as an “invisible community,” often subject to political flareups, especially after the 2011 uprising and the 2013 military coup that ousted President Mohamed Morsi from power. The reinstated military regime accused Morsi of having placed his sympathies for the Palestinian cause before the Egyptian national interest. One of the criminal charges Morsi faced after his removal from the presidency was disloyalty to Egypt through collaboration with Hamas
Israel caused a huge exodus of Palestinians and their descendants are coming back to roost which is causing Israel to fire back. It's a viscous cycle. But the fact is: no one wants the Palestinians in their homeland. They're a bunch of wild boys.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
fukked up but yeah
You get me, Israel's (England) is in the wrong. Even if Hamas was/is hiding amongst civilians, dropping bombs on innocent people is wrong.

What's wrong is wrong.

But comparing the T-AST is wild. I don't want this to become the Oppression Olympics.

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
It's crazy to me that no one felt this way when we were destroying Iraq, destroying Afghanistan...imean this is nothing new.

General public really need to be led to feel something and it is alarming how much our dependence on social media dictates how we feel...

That being said it's BEEN fukked up. This just the next chapter smh...

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

For those with knowledge, please enlighten me as I haven't been following too closely

I've read reports that various Syrian assets (one described here, airports) have been specifically targeted by Israel.

What's Syria's position on this?
  • I assume aligned to Palestine?
Is Israel trying to draw Syria into this conflict?
  • If so, why?
Has Syria responded, with force, statements?

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
It's crazy to me that no one felt this way when we were destroying Iraq, destroying Afghanistan...imean this is nothing new.

General public really need to be led to feel something and it is alarming how much our dependence on social media dictates how we feel...

Social media wasn't how it is now back then.
It ain't easier to fool people anymore into thinking this shyt cool to do just because.
If they was video like we are receiving back then they would be outrage when it comes to the innocents being killed.
Also folks did feel that way back then on message boards like this but got pushback as someone as un-American.
All because you didn't want to kill the innocent but patriotic didn't care because they all was Muslims.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

You must not been paying attention. Dems were calling the Leftists radicals for saying Obama is a war criminal. I still get funny faces when mention Obama war crimes irl. Today, most Capital Hill Dems and mainstream Libs are either silent about Gaza or dikkride Israel. Lib and Con politicians always unite when it comes to protecting the Western hegemony.

Todays sm only reveals its not just the folks on the extremes speaking out. Like we saw with George Floyd, people knew about the evil shyt the US does/supports, but we never had to face it. Now this shyt is taking up our feeds and the media is gaslighting us.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am 100 percent certain that they have had multiple wars where Israel prevailed.

I am also 100% certain that every peace effort made had been rejected because Palestinians want the land back they lost in the wars they started.

I had no issue when hamas was sneaking in and attacking Israeli military positions. But as soon as we realized they were clapping up and kidnapping civilians I lost all sympathy for their position.

hamas And the PA have refused to speak with the only people who can help them --Biden administration -- so they're going to have to deal with the retribution of their I'll advised attack.
Wait, are you suggesting that Israel should in fact hold on to territory it captured after 1967, simply by virtue of being the stronger party? Do you reject widely held international consensus that West Bank is occupied territory and that Gaza remains under virtual occupation by virtue of Israel's blockade of its air, marine, and land borders? This is a pretty extreme position to take, and curious if you extend this might is right logic to Russian capture of Ukrainian territory?

Majority of Palestinians and the most powerful Palestinian factions in the 90s recognized Israel, and were committed to establishing a second state based on those 1967 borders. Israel never moved towards sincerely implementing Oslo, because they refused to recognize right to return and maintained ambitions for settlement expansion in the West Bank. The latter has expanded rapidly since the 90s and now makes a second state virtually impossible.

Also wrong about the PA refusing to speak with the U.S. - they talk to the U.S. Government all the time. Abbas met with Blinken in person last week. They disbanded their paramilitary, cooperate with Israel on security, recognize Israel and still have zero to show for it. This isn't a controversial position and its widely established that Israel has zero interest on engaging Palestinians in any form of peace process, and rather has been content with defacto annexation of occupied West Bank, w/ limited encircled Bantustans for the Palestinian Authority to "govern". Prior to this latest explosion, they were in fact pretending Palestinians dont exist at all and had a diplomatic strategy to establish relations with Arab states, that would explicitly put Palestine on backburner.