Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Main problem for Biden is to beat MAGA you need every single vote you can get.

Dude was banking on minorities, but these optics are straight up horrible going into next year (November is next week). You already know one demographic of minorities aren't supporting that party anymore.

Also Biden is the spokesperson, the main interface layer for the party and those speeches along with his firm, unconditional stance have been off-putting to much of his voter base.

Especially after seeing those tragic videos, which are most likely going to have more of over the next few months/next year during election cycle. That's what happens when you show strong public support to a madman though.

Dude has been damaging his reputation and the MAGA/Trump campaign hasn't even started yet. People are really downplaying how strong they'll be come election time like when everybody thought two years ago DeSantis was the Republican boogeyman they'll be facing in 2024. Now Biden will have to go up against that without the Muslim vote while the Jewish vote has always been more split (after all this many will still vote for Trump/Republican).

Again, the election is a year from next month which is a week away.

This is will be a very fresh story/issue going into the campaign along with the BS economy, job market, housing/real estate, A.I, new border wall take back, reparations, etc. When you have LGBTQ people questioning wtf is happening to Palestinian rights with all our military movement then you know you've lost the script somewhere.

Biden/Democrats have done themselves zero favors with the optics they've displayed so far. None.

I agree to an extent, but it's really a no-win situation.

If Biden hadn't supported Israel there would be all kinds of criticisms of antisemitism/not supporting our allies/supporting terrorists/etc from both the left and right. There's no real course of action Biden could've taken that wouldn't have cost him politically. It's kind of similar to Afghanistan in that no matter what course of action he took it was never going to go well. Dude has had back luck with foreign events during his term.

Now from a MORAL perspective I don't think Biden should be supporting Israel to the extent he is regardless. But politically it's a lose-lose situation. No matter what he did people would be upset.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

It’s been 17 days since Hamas launched its horrific attack against Israel, killing over 1,400 Israeli citizens, including defenseless women, children and the elderly. In the aftermath of such unspeakable brutality, the U.S. government and the American people have shared in the grief of families, prayed for the return of loved ones, and rightly declared solidarity with the Israeli people.

As I stated in an earlier post, Israel has a right to defend its citizens against such wanton violence, and I fully support President Biden’s call for the United States to support our long-time ally in going after Hamas, dismantling its military capabilities, and facilitating the safe return of hundreds of hostages to their families.

But even as we support Israel, we should also be clear that how Israel prosecutes this fight against Hamas matters. In particular, it matters — as President Biden has repeatedly emphasized — that Israel’s military strategy abides by international law, including those laws that seek to avoid, to every extent possible, the death or suffering of civilian populations. Upholding these values is important for its own sake — because it is morally just and reflects our belief in the inherent value of every human life. Upholding these values is also vital for building alliances and shaping international opinion — all of which are critical for Israel’s long-term security.

This is an enormously difficult task. War is always tragic, and even the most carefully planned military operations often put civilians at risk. As President Biden noted during his recent visit to Israel, America itself has at times fallen short of our higher values when engaged in war, and in the aftermath of 9/11, the U.S. government wasn’t interested in heeding the advice of even our allies when it came to the steps we took to protect ourselves against Al Qaeda. Now, after the systematic massacre of Israeli citizens, a massacre that evokes some of the darkest memories of persecution against the Jewish people, it’s understandable that many Israelis have demanded that their government do whatever it takes to root out Hamas and make sure such attacks never happen again. Moreover, Hamas’ military operations are deeply embedded within Gaza — and its leadership seems to intentionally hide among civilians, thereby endangering the very people they claim to represent.

Still, the world is watching closely as events in the region unfold, and any Israeli military strategy that ignores the human costs could ultimately backfire. Already, thousands of Palestinians have been killed in the bombing of Gaza, many of them children. Hundreds of thousands have been forced from their homes. The Israeli government’s decision to cut off food, water and electricity to a captive civilian population threatens not only to worsen a growing humanitarian crisis; it could further harden Palestinian attitudes for generations, erode global support for Israel, play into the hands of Israel’s enemies, and undermine long term efforts to achieve peace and stability in the region.

It’s therefore important that those of us supporting Israel in its time of need encourage a strategy that can incapacitate Hamas while minimizing further civilian casualties. Israel’s recent shift to allow relief trucks into Gaza, prompted in part by the Biden administration’s behind-the-scenes diplomacy, is an encouraging step, but we need to continue to lead the international community in accelerating critical aid and supplies to an increasingly desperate Gaza population. And while the prospects of future peace may seem more distant than ever, we should call on all of the key actors in the region to engage with those Palestinian leaders and organizations that recognize Israel’s right to exist to begin articulating a viable pathway for Palestinians to achieve their legitimate aspirations for self-determination — because that is the best and perhaps only way to achieve the lasting peace and security most Israeli and Palestinian families yearn for.

Finally, in dealing with what is an extraordinarily complex situation where so many people are in pain and passions are understandably running high, all of us need to do our best to put our best values, rather than our worst fears, on display.

That means actively opposing anti-semitism in all its forms, everywhere. It means rejecting efforts to minimize the terrible tragedy that the Israeli people have just endured, as well as the morally-bankrupt suggestion that any cause can somehow justify the deliberate slaughter of innocent people.

It means rejecting anti-Muslim, anti-Arab or anti-Palestinian sentiment. It means refusing to lump all Palestinians with Hamas or other terrorist groups. It means guarding against dehumanizing language towards the people of Gaza, or downplaying Palestinian suffering — whether in Gaza or the West Bank — as irrelevant or illegitimate.

It means recognizing that Israel has every right to exist; that the Jewish people have claim to a secure homeland where they have ancient historical roots; and that there have been instances in which previous Israeli governments made meaningful efforts to resolve the dispute and provide a path for a two-state solution — efforts that were ultimately rebuffed by the other side.

It means acknowledging that Palestinians have also lived in disputed territories for generations; that many of them were not only displaced when Israel was formed but continue to be forcibly displaced by a settler movement that too often has received tacit or explicit support from the Israeli government; that Palestinian leaders who’ve been willing to make concessions for a two-state solution have too often had little to show for their efforts; and that it is possible for people of good will to champion Palestinian rights and oppose certain Israeli government policies in the West Bank and Gaza without being anti-semitic.

Perhaps most of all, it means we should choose not to always assume the worst in those with whom we disagree. In an age of constant rancor, trolling and misinformation on social media, at a time when so many politicians and attention seekers see an advantage in shedding heat rather than light, it may be unrealistic to expect respectful dialogue on any issue — much less on an issue with such high stakes and after so much blood has been spilled. But if we care about keeping open the possibility of peace, security and dignity for future generations of Israeli and Palestinian children — as well as for our own children — then it falls upon all of us to at least make the effort to model, in our own words and actions, the kind of world we want them to inherit.

Here are links to some useful perspectives and background on the conflict:

●Israel Is About to Make a Terrible Mistake by Thomas L. Friedman

● ‘I Love You. I Am Sorry’: One Jew, One Muslim and a Friendship Tested by War by Kurt Streeter

● A Timeline of Israel and Palestine’s Complicated History by Nicole Narea

● Gaza: The Cost of Escalation by Ben Rhodes

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

The blatant Israeli propaganda and lies being spread by major news-outlets to enable and justify the genocide of Palestinians is cartoonishly evil :scust:

These are the same dudes who shot innocent people in their homes and in their cars fleeing. That is pretty evil and Hamas isn't all of Palestinians.

You dudes got to stop this compulsion to portray Hamas as innocent because you disagree with Israel. Again, I thought the goal here was to stop conflating Palestinians with Hamas.

Shaking hands with granny and treating her relatively well doesn't make some of the other shyt they have done not evil.

ReasonableMatic

Daps

The blatant Israeli propaganda and lies being spread by major news-outlets to enable and justify the genocide of Palestinians is cartoonishly evil :scust:

Me: **shows major news outlets clearly LYING to the public which is AGAINST their duty to the public.**

TRIGGERED KOONS AND CRACKAS:
These are the same dudes who shot innocent people in their homes and in their cars fleeing. That is pretty evil and Hamas isn't all of Palestinians.

You dudes got to stop this compulsion to portray Hamas as innocent because you disagree with Israel. Again, I thought the goal here was to stop conflating Palestinians with Hamas.

Shaking hands with granny and treating her relatively well doesn't make some of the other shyt they have done not evil.
Highlighting clear cut lies from MAJOR NEWS OUTLEES during a GENOCIDE is only conflating Palestinians with Hamas to CRACKAS & KOONS.

I don’t give a FUKK what genocide enablers think. Stay MAD.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I am 100 percent certain that they have had multiple wars where Israel prevailed.

I am also 100% certain that every peace effort made had been rejected because Palestinians want the land back they lost in the wars they started.

I had no issue when hamas was sneaking in and attacking Israeli military positions. But as soon as we realized they were clapping up and kidnapping civilians I lost all sympathy for their position.

hamas And the PA have refused to speak with the only people who can help them --Biden administration -- so they're going to have to deal with the retribution of their I'll advised attack.

Then you're a fukking idiot if you believe that with 100% certainty. Palestinians concessions and acceptance of Israel began unofficially in the early 80s and was formalized with Oslo

If you lost sympathy because a people subject to military occupation and the death of tens of thousands of their people decided to retaliate with the same callousness you never had sympathy in the first place

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Me: **shows major news outlets clearly LYING to the public which is AGAINST their duty to the public.**

TRIGGERED KOONS AND CRACKAS:

Highlighting clear cut lies from MAJOR NEWS OUTLEES during a GENOCIDE is only conflating Palestinians with Hamas to CRACKAS & KOONS.

I don’t give a FUKK what genocide enablers think. Stay MAD.
I'm not going to get into a huge thing back and forth. but I would stop digesting news strictly through Twitter snippets.

Here is the full interview where she says the equivalent of "going through hell" when referring to her initial kidnapping at the kibbutz. In the broadcast it's translated as unpleasant experience. Be cognizant of propaganda everywhere.

The CNN headline is a typical ambiguous clickbatey headline. They don't specify the "hell". In the interview she describes the initial kidnapping as the unpleasant experience which is missing from your tweet clip.

Edit: also, to further highlight the shytty CNN headline and how it differs from the content, if you follow the link in your own tweet to the full CNN story they do include the part where she describes the initial kidnapping. You can do this yourself if interested. I don't like the arguably misleading way the headline is written though because if you didn't dive into the information yourself deeper you could read that headline as describing the being held hostage portion, not the initial kidnapping, as being the "hell".

Last edited:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m glad they do. They didn’t care about them in Iraq and Afghanistan

It interesting how people pick and choose. Obama was known for dropping bombs and drone strikes throughout his presidency but folks looked the other way and still do when discussing his legacy. Obama is directly responsible for over 800 civilian deaths from drone strikes he ordered but the innocent were labeled as collateral damage and nobody in America cared.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Then you're a fukking idiot if you believe that with 100% certainty. Palestinians concessions and acceptance of Israel began unofficially in the early 80s and was formalized with Oslo
I know from your previous post history your an Afghan who doesn’t believe Israel has the right to exist, so why should I engage you in good faith?