is vodun/voodoo the answer for black people?

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
I'm a Christian so no. And being a Christian isn't just for white people like your implying op.

It was setup by white people for white people.

Let me ask you this, if you were born in Saudi Arabia wouldn't you be Muslim? The only reason you're Christian is because you were born in an area where Christianity rules.

To answer ops question. It's a double edge sword. It normally involves giving your soul away to evil spirits so when u die you can forget going to heaven and also blacks stupidly use against other black people out of jealousy and other petty shyt.

What makes you think the spirits are evil?
You only care about the concept of heaven if you believe in Christianity.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm a Christian so no. And being a Christian isn't just for white people like your implying op.

have you thoroughy researched these systems, or is this something your pastor, priest, reverend told u?

your whole fam probably been christians for years. doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity, no? how can you serve the same god that co signed our ancestors being enslaved and treated like animals :what:

im not picking on you or your fam btw :whoa:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Too many confounding variables to attribute that to ancestor worship tho. Asians are positive beneficiaries of racism, are historically over represented in stem fields, etc. U can't just say oh they respect their ancestors and say that paints an entire picture

that's definitely true, and i should have added that it doesnt negate the system of racism white supremacy at play.

i just think its something we all should look into deeper, rather than writing them off as evil or demonic. cacs werent practicing voodoo during slavery or jim crow :dame:

these traditions are actually in our blood lines and precede abrahamic religions. :manny:

Daps
It was setup by white people for white people....

Educate yourself. Ignorance is not cool.

Christianity was founded by the Jews living in the Roman province Judeah some 2000 years ago. Last time I checked, ancient Jews looked nothing like Europeans.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never said voodoo was creepy, the lady was creepy. Who stares at kids outside all day? Especially when we can see you, she didn't have the decency to stop when we spotted her too. lol But I don't believe in that shyt anyways.

why dont u believe in it breh.

i just want to trade ideas about it because this is something we (black people) rarely talk about regularly.

we've tried everything - boycotts, protests, riots, integrating, segregating, voting, praying. one thing we havent done on a mass scale is drop christianity and go back to our roots.

this is more than physical at this point and i believe that theres a spiritual component to racism white supremacy that we dont really discuss or connect.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Of course white washed and christian minded folks will think that Voudon, candomble and other spiritual practices are all evil, so some of these negative responses are to be expected.

There's a documentary called Ancestral Voices that clears up the misconceptions of spiritual practices, most of which come from general ignorance, Hollywood movies, inferiority complexes etc.