is vodun/voodoo the answer for black people?

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black people aren't special.
The answer for any oppressed people is to kill their oppressors.

We are fkd cause ppl wanna look past the obvious and end up trying all sorts of ridiculous mirace cures up to and including voodoo now. :francis:

Just pick up a rock.

you dont know what you're talking bout breh.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I don't have my altar up anymore because of space restraints. I used to take baths and carry ribbons. I had a few veve's up too. And my elegua head. I've been out of touch with it. And have been thinking of formally getting intiated. I know a babalow who is friends with my uncle. But I've been kinda skirting for various reasons.
im in the same situation...a babalawo i know offered to be my godfather and guide me on the path but im not ready to take things further just yet. i will eventually but just going off my intuition now is not the right time. im comfortable with my practice right now and i'll know when to take that next step.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
You seen Haiti breh?

Well I personally recognize the difference between what the bible actually says, and "white man's christianity". Do you?

White people have conspired for centuries to ruin Haiti. From France's indemnity to Clinton rigging the election for Martelly.

White men at the Council of Nicea created the Bible which is why the Gospel of Judas, Thomas and Mary Magdalene aren't there. Duhhh
:mjlol:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't have my altar up anymore because of space restraints. I used to take baths and carry ribbons. I had a few veve's up too. And my elegua head. I've been out of touch with it. And have been thinking of formally getting intiated. I know a babalow who is friends with my uncle. But I've been kinda skirting for various reasons.

i hear you breh. i trying to figure out where i want to put up my altar. I'm meeting with a babalow this week who i was linked up with through a friend.
btw am i out that group? :dame: i actually wanted to pose some questions to ya'll about Ifa.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm very aware of what happened there. And again, they were inspired by Vodun, but what freed them was actually fighting. No one has ever been freed by spirituality alone.

how do you think they got their "fighting spirit"?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
lol fam u didnt read the first line?

now i know i said voodoo, but i really mean african traditional religion or african diaspora traditions such as santeria, palo, candomble, vodun, whatever.
Imma reread the thread

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
i hear you breh. i trying to figure out where i want to put up my altar. I'm meeting with a babalow this week who i was linked up with through a friend.
btw am i out that group? :dame: i actually wanted to pose some questions to ya'll about Ifa.
Idk if the group exists anymore I didn't create it.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
im in the same situation...a babalawo i know offered to be my godfather and guide me on the path but im not ready to take things further just yet. i will eventually but just going off my intuition now is not the right time. im comfortable with my practice right now and i'll know when to take that next step.
Same. I feel like I need to get some things in my life situated first be for I make that move

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Addressing somethings.

now i know i said voodoo, but i really mean african traditional religion or african diaspora traditions such as santeria, palo, candomble, vodun, whatever.

Those are already practiced in the Caribbean. Especially blacks in Latin America like Afro-Brazilians, Cubans and Haitians. Hell even Dominicans and Puerto Ricans pratice Santeria.

But how will African-Americans even mass convert to religions they are not familiar with?

ya'll can keep foolin around with that cac christian shyt if you want but im starting to think blacks practicing african traditional religion on a large scale is the only way to protect and defend ourselves from these devils. i think that we need to start doing the complete opposite of what were were taught by cacs.
I don't know why some people keep correlating religions like Christianity with Europeans/white people when in fact Christianity in much of Europe(excluding MAYBE Italy and Greece) is quite recent. And I mean very recent.

Africans like Northeast Africans have been practicing Christianity far longer than any European state. Hell, it can be argued(with good evidence mind you) that origins of Chrisitainity/Judiusm was started by people who would have been considered "black" and the Levant was nothing more than an extension of Africa. Hell the languages that these Hebrews and Arabs speak ultimately come from a language family that originated in Africa. But this is a topic for another time.

Correlating Christianity with Europeans is silly.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
You seen Haiti breh?
There is an explanation for Haiti's troubles if you want one. The ritual preformed in Haiti created something called an Egrgori. This is a gestalt of usually vengeful spirits created by bloodshed and fules spells cast ususlly ones of reprisal. It isn't relegated to just African spiritual systems. All spell craft has it. The initiator of the Egrgori has to banish the spirits after they have helped complete their task. Problem was they killed the initiator Deslines before he had the chance to. So they still have it hanging over them.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Addressing somethings.

Those are already practiced in the Caribbean. Especially blacks in Latin America like Afro-Brazilians, Cubans and Haitians. Hell even Dominicans and Puerto Ricans pratice Santeria.

But how will African-Americans even mass convert to religions they are not familiar with?

I don't know why some people keep correlating religions like Christianity with Europeans/white people when in fact Christianity in much of Europe(excluding MAYBE Italy and Greece) is quite recent. And I mean very recent.

Africans like Northeast Africans have been practicing Christianity far longer than any European state. Hell, it can be argued(with good evidence mind you) that origins of Chrisitainity/Judiusm was started by people who would have been considered "black" and the Levant was nothing more than an extension of Africa. Hell the languages that these Hebrews and Arabs speak ultimately come from a language family that originated in Africa. But this is a topic for another time.

Correlating Christianity with Europeans is silly.
The same can be said for correlating TAR, with evil especially if you're letting Hollywood influence you.